DAM asked: "Is being born worth it - or is it better to have never been born?"

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Veritas Aequitas

Re: DAM asked: "Is being born worth it - or is it better to have never been born?"

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:10 am If you VA insist on believing I am delusional then so be it, you will no doubt keep repeating that mantra until you are blue in the face, no worries, say what you have to say if it makes you feel better, but what you say to me is water off a ducks back. I'm fully self-realised, nothing you say to me will have any value or meaning. I make my own meaning thank you very much.
I don't deny what you are trying to explain has some truths to it.
I agree the concept of no-self as explained in Buddhism, other Eastern Philosophies, Hume, Parfit and others can be useful when applied with limitations and qualifications, i.e. in a balanced manner. So is it a good thing to philosophize on the idea of no-self, no-I, no-you and the likes.

You on the other hand is going on the extreme in being overly compulsive and obsessive over this idea. Just checked and sense your feelings and impulse when you write about this non-self idea of yours.

There is no such thing as a real 'no-self', what you are grasping at is merely an illusion if you insist that is real.
If it is so real, where is your proofs that it is real?

In this case, what is critical are perspectives and contexts.

Note, in most Eastern Philosophy, all of reality is an illusion, i.e. Maya or 'emptiness'.
Even whatever is ultimate reality is an illusion from different perspective.
  • Maya literally "illusion" or "magic",[1][2] has multiple meanings in Indian philosophies depending on the context.
    In later Vedic texts and modern literature dedicated to Indian traditions, Māyā connotes a "magic show, an illusion where things appear to be present but are not what they seem".[2][4] Māyā is also a spiritual concept connoting "that which exists, but is constantly changing and thus is spiritually unreal", and the "power or the principle that conceals the true character of spiritual reality"
  • In Mahayana sutras, illusion is an important theme of the Prajñāpāramitā sutras. Here, the magician's illusion exemplifies how people misunderstand and misperceive reality, which is in fact empty of any essence and cannot be grasped.
    The Prajñaparamita texts also state that all dharmas (phenomena) are like an illusion, not just the five aggregates, but all beings, including Bodhisattvas and even Nirvana.
The wiser Eastern Philosophers do not take the above 'all is illusion' as absolute and they
do not preach it as obsessively and compulsory as you and your cult group.
Buddhism recognizes no-self and self-exists equally in relation to context and chart the Middle-Way.

You are in a delusional state as proven by your obsession and compulsion over this 'all is illusion' on a one track basis without providing proof and justification why you insist such an idea is absolute.

Here is one exposition of no-self and self-is-real.
  • Say you are standing on the middle of a railway track and there is a fast oncoming train with your sight.
    In this scenario it would be very stupid to insist your self is an illusion and the train is also an illusion.

However in another scenario where you have step away from the railway track and there is an oncoming train, you may philosophize and reflect on your experiences or the wisdom of philosophers, all of reality is an illusion in various perspectives and apply them accordingly.
Note it is not only Eastern Philosophers who discuss the self and reality is an illusion. Hume argued there is no real self. However note Bertrand Russell,
  • Such questions are bewildering, and it is difficult to know that even the strangest hypotheses may not be true.
    Thus our familiar table, which has roused but the slightest thoughts in us hitherto, has become a problem full of surprising possibilities.
    The one thing we know about it is that it is not what it seems. Beyond this modest result, so far, we have the most complete liberty of conjecture.
    Leibniz tells us it is a community of souls: Berkeley tells us it is an idea in the mind of God; sober science, scarcely less wonderful, tells us it is a vast collection of electric charges in violent motion.
    Among these surprising possibilities, doubt suggests that perhaps there is no table at all.
Russell would have meant in the above "perhaps there is no [real] table at all"

What is great with the above is all of them justified their views with solid arguments.
But these philosophers are not that stupid and delusional like you and your cult*/likes in being intensely compulsive and obsessive about it.
* I have spent some time researching into the 'no-self' no-I, no-you cults and they are delusional.
Dontaskme

Re: DAM asked: "Is being born worth it - or is it better to have never been born?"

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 pm
Yes, a person is capable of having apriori experiences revealing universal knowlege
I asked you where is meaning outside of conceptual language? your reply doesn't say anything to the question, it diverts away.
So again, where is meaning outside of the human primate animal's unique capacity for conceptual language? Where is meaning during deep sleep, before life, and after life of the human primate? Can you answer this question straight up without using bamboozling tactics?
Also, are you not making Simone Weil into some kind of goddess, or some spiritual guru or something?
Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 pmNo, Simone was a seeker of truth and not something we as creatures of reaction can understand.
No, Simone is a talking primate animal telling stories to other talking primate animals. Their whole reality is built upon the imagined concepts that are believed to be real. Real reality is silent presence, the state of the unborn self. In other words, there is no self in the material world of matter.

Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 pm They appear weird to us. I have the greatest admiration for her striving and its results. For us, a seeker of truth is person who wants to judge rather than experience
The seeker of truth is no thing looking for itself, it finds itself in no thing, that's all seeking is. Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water, after enlightenment chop wood, carry water...the primate is still a primate, nothing more nothing less.
Do you not understand the mechanics of the believing brain? and how children will just blindly believe the stories you tell them?
Adults, are like children too. The child within hasn't gone anywhere.

Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 pm Yes, we blindly believe. That explains the success of collectivism. Rooted in collectives we no longer know what an individual is. I posted this from a Simone Weil article on my Individualism vs collectivism thread
But this is still just a story - you are throwing around to all who will listen and maybe get them to throw some pennies at you for your effort, primates will pay for just about any story that will make them feel all gooey inside, that gives them a sense of purpose and importance and helps them shut out the actual brutal truth of what is reality actually is.
Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 pm Alluding to the allegory of the cave in Plato's Republic, where reality is seen second-hand as shadows on the wall rather than directly in the light of reality, Weil points to the compelling truth that everything people do or believe is based on a second-hand source: society. As long as individuals substitute society's view of reality for their own discoveries of reality -- so that the relationship to self, others, nature, and the universe is direct, immediate, intuitive, and accountable -- the individual will remain oppressed.
No, this again is all story and belief. Just utter bamboozle informing primates they are oppressed and in order to overcome this oppression they have to take off their cloak of darkness to reveal their God suit. It's all just bollocks. There is nothing wrong with the human primate except it is hopelessly addicted to it's believing brain, and that's what makes human primates really stupid. Their brain got too big.
Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 pm Conscience is deceived by the social. Our supplementary energy (imagination) is to a great extent taken up with the social. It has to be detached from it. That is the most difficult of detachments.

The most difficult of detachments , yet it can begin, not with action but with reflection.

Meditation on the social mechanism is in this respect a purification of the first importance. To contemplate the social is as good a way of detachment as to retire from the world. That is why I have not been wrong to rub shoulders with politics or society.
Just more word salad and meaningless human primate story telling because it's obsessed with it's own image in the mirror, when in truth there is nothing looking in the mirror or reflecting back except emptiness and fictional story...the story of how the human primate is actually the Divine God...when in truth the human is just a communal garden monkey.
Nick_A wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 pm Instead of blindly revolting against suffering in the world and arguing opinions, Simone was compelled to experience it for what it is with conscious attention and contribute to world awakening to the human condition as she did. I believe that is why Albert Camus called her the only great mind of the times. Who else could have such dedication in the modern world? Her life was either more inhuman than mine or more human. I haven't figured it out yet but my guess is that I'll come out on the short end.. The Great Beast frowns on the experience of reality with conscious attention and has created a large following.

Simone suggests the value of experiencing suffering with conscious attention. You seem to value non experience through the belief that it is all imaginary. I'll stick with Simone on this one.
More bamboozling word salad, a meaningless story that the believing brain likes to sink it's teeth into hook line and sinker, and says, oh this is so meaningful, this gives me hope and purpose, oh I'm so special and not just a monkey. I'm more than a monkey.
Yes, you are a monkey caught up in the illusion of maya getting off on lying to yourself, being totally obsessed with your own imagined mind fuck fest, with your big ape head caught up in the tigers mouth full of bullshit. While the real world laughs on in complete detachment living itself in all it's raw and gory from the bottom up of just ordinary day to day living in no extraordinary sense. Absent of any grandiose delusion of grandeur...the stuff dreams are made of, nothing more nothing less.

Last edited by Dontaskme on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:16 am I have spent some time researching into the 'no-self' no-I, no-you cults and they are delusional.
This is a believed opinion.

No one/thing is making.

It's an addictive delusion which is an actual fact.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:16 am
Note it is not only Eastern Philosophers who discuss the self and reality is an illusion. Hume argued there is no real self. However note Bertrand Russell,
  • Such questions are bewildering, and it is difficult to know that even the strangest hypotheses may not be true.
    Thus our familiar table, which has roused but the slightest thoughts in us hitherto, has become a problem full of surprising possibilities.
    The one thing we know about it is that it is not what it seems. Beyond this modest result, so far, we have the most complete liberty of conjecture.
    Leibniz tells us it is a community of souls: Berkeley tells us it is an idea in the mind of God; sober science, scarcely less wonderful, tells us it is a vast collection of electric charges in violent motion.
    Among these surprising possibilities, doubt suggests that perhaps there is no table at all.
Russell would have meant in the above "perhaps there is no [real] table at all"

What is great with the above is all of them justified their views with solid arguments.
But these philosophers are not that stupid and delusional like you and your cult*/likes in being intensely compulsive and obsessive about it.
* I have spent some time researching into the 'no-self' no-I, no-you cults and they are delusional.
The likes of Eastern Philosophers, the Leibniz's , the Russell's , the Berkeley's , the Hume's, the Parfit's , the Buddha's , the Bodhisattvas, the Mahayana sutras, the Prajñāpāramitā sutrasthe's , the Vedic texts, the Indian traditions, the Prajñaparamita texts, the Veritas Aequitas's , and ALL the other blah blah blah bamboozling story telling bimbo monkey brains, yes, including the Dam's... are ALL just a bunch of whining delusional dipshits, shouting as loud as they possible can, hey look everybody...my theory is better than your theory so there!! so suck my big fat hairy ass...

It's all utter nonsense, it's all just a bunch of stoned idiotic dumb animals strutting their stuff, thinking they are intelligent with their super big brains that are so big they block out the sun. They love to dance to the beating of their own big fat hairless chests, they believe are full of actual gold and wisdom, further adding more and more paint to the screen of illusion, getting more and more entangled within the illusion itself of them actually believing they have an independant existence in and of itself separate from actual real reality.. where no such illusion exists.

No person or animal jumps out the way from the path of an oncoming train. That action is actually one unitary action taken within the immediate flow of life in the live moment, it's an automatic response of the body to what is being observed, the automatic action is acted upon well before there is any knowledge of the action ever taking place...because there is no thing talking a PLACE here.
There is simply no room for two in this PLACE, this place is already taken. There is no frigging fucking time machine, that can go back and change what is actually happening into what is not actually happening..the illusion that there is a knowing self present knowing what it going to happen before it happens is the illusion that simply isn't there. Knowing is ONE with the knowing in the immediate moment prior to any reaction known , meaning there is no one knowing, there is just the immediate knowing... as life is one unitary action.

Reactions are known via knowledge which only serve to inform the illusory sense of the knowing self for what it actually is which is no thing or person or any other independant self living life. Life is simply living itself, and it's doing a perfectly fine job with or without the illusory idea that there is a 'someone' running the show...there is not...that is the delusion, the illusion of all illusions.

I don't know how many times you want me to repeat that to you.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme, I thought you were "closing" this thread. Did they deny your moderator application?
Dontaskme TO NICK wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 am your reply doesn't say anything to the question, it diverts away.
Really? Someone else on the forum is doing this?!
Dontaskme TO NICK wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 am Can you answer this question straight up without using bamboozling tactics?
Well, probably not, because such is the telltale sign of people who are intoxicated with their crazy crap. Diversion or foggy brain...whatever antics it takes to avoid letting go of their special blend of hypnotic cuckcoo juice.
Dontaskme TO NICK wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 amJust more word salad
From one salad chef to another.
Dontaskme TO NICK wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 amMore bamboozling word salad
Striving to be Master Chefs!
Dontaskme TO NICK wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 amYes, you are a monkey caught up in the illusion of maya getting off on lying to yourself, being totally obsessed with your own imagined mind fuck fest
Spoken like someone who knows this dance intimately for themselves!

The irony of all of this was too funny to pass up!! :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:06 pm Dontaskme, I thought you were "closing" this thread. Did they deny your moderator application?
Dontaskme TO NICK wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 am your reply doesn't say anything to the question, it diverts away.
Really? Someone else on the forum is doing this?!
Dontaskme TO NICK wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 am Can you answer this question straight up without using bamboozling tactics?
Well, probably not, because such is the telltale sign of people who are intoxicated with their crazy crap. Diversion or foggy brain...whatever antics it takes to avoid letting go of their special blend of hypnotic cuckcoo juice.
Dontaskme TO NICK wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 amJust more word salad
From one salad chef to another.
Dontaskme TO NICK wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 amMore bamboozling word salad
Striving to be Master Chefs!
Dontaskme TO NICK wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:29 amYes, you are a monkey caught up in the illusion of maya getting off on lying to yourself, being totally obsessed with your own imagined mind fuck fest
Spoken like someone who knows this dance intimately for themselves!

The irony of all of this was too funny to pass up!! :lol:
Yep, we're ALL singing and dancing monkies.

Welcome to the punch and judy show that is human interaction.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:06 pmWell, probably not, because such is the telltale sign of people who are intoxicated with their crazy crap. Diversion or foggy brain...whatever antics it takes to avoid letting go of their special blend of hypnotic cuckcoo juice.
Do you have any alternative cooking up your sleeve ? could your psychology be the ultimate master of all master chefs?

What's the taste of yours, do you have a specific flavor that might be of any value here?

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:48 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:06 pmWell, probably not, because such is the telltale sign of people who are intoxicated with their crazy crap. Diversion or foggy brain...whatever antics it takes to avoid letting go of their special blend of hypnotic cuckcoo juice.
Do you have any alternative cooking up your sleeve ? could your psychology be the ultimate master of all master chefs?

What's the taste of yours, do you have a specific flavor that might be of any value here?
Are you asking me for a secret recipe or ingredient? I don't trust your cooking skills with such information...if I had it. :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:26 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:48 pm

Are you asking me for a secret recipe or ingredient?
I hardly think I would be interested in intoxicated crazy crap hypnotic cuckcoo juice.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:26 pm I don't trust your cooking skills with such information...if I had it. :)
The only reason you don't have it is because you continually like to projectile vomit it out of your own being onto others expecting them to swallow it.

As for me, I can eat my own vomit, I own it, so to speak. I'm a Dog ..anyone can be a dog on the internet.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:39 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:26 pm Are you asking me for a secret recipe or ingredient?
I hardly think I would be interested in intoxicated crazy crap hypnotic cuckcoo juice.
But that's your own recipe that you live on.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:39 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:26 pm I don't trust your cooking skills with such information...if I had it. :)
The only reason you don't have it is because you continually like to projectile vomit it out of your own being onto others expecting them to swallow it.
Now, that's not very nice. Have I said something to offend you?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:39 pmAs for me, I can eat my own vomit, I own it, so to speak. I'm a Dog ..anyone can be a dog on the internet.
I don't think that's something you should brag about.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:26 pm Are you asking me for a secret recipe or ingredient? I don't trust your cooking skills with such information...if I had it. :)

It would be wise just to smell your own shit and stop sniffing around the shit of other dogs.

But then no shit no sniffer, it's just the way it happens, it's all the same shit.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:52 pm
Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:26 pm Are you asking me for a secret recipe or ingredient? I don't trust your cooking skills with such information...if I had it. :)
That I don't have a secret recipe or ingredient? Why?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:52 pm It would be wise just to smell your own shit and stop sniffing around the shit of other dogs.
So, I don't know what your habits and methods are... but this doesn't sound like anything familiar to me.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:52 pmBut then no shit no sniffer, it's just the way it happens, it's all the same shit.
Your poetry could use some work. Also, you'll be able to sell more of your cookbooks if you improve your credibility. 8)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:00 pm Your poetry could use some work. Also, you'll be able to sell more of your cookbooks if you improve your credibility. 8)
My shit is not for sale. I hardly need the credibility for something I can generate myself.

If you want a copy on that, then it's yours for free, if it's to your taste and flavour..
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

DaM
Nick_A wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:26 pm

N. Yes, a person is capable of having apriori experiences revealing universal knowledge

D. I asked you where is meaning outside of conceptual language? your reply doesn't say anything to the question, it diverts away.
So again, where is meaning outside of the human primate animal's unique capacity for conceptual language? Where is meaning during deep sleep, before life, and after life of the human primate? Can you answer this question straight up without using bamboozling tactics?
Of course it answers the question. You are just closed to the answer. You asked: “Where is meaning during deep sleep, before life, and after life of the human primate?”

Objective meaning is a universal construct. It doesn’t require Man on earth. The concept of justice for example is a universal truth. It doesn’t disappear when you are sleeping. Subjective concepts of justice disappear when you are sleeping but objective meaning is a reality regardless of all subjective opinions.
No, Simone is a talking primate animal telling stories to other talking primate animals. Their whole reality is built upon the imagined concepts that are believed to be real. Real reality is silent presence, the state of the unborn self. In other words, there is no self in the material world of matter.
Simone Weil is Plato’s spiritual child so you must also include that Plato’s teaching does no more than express imagined concepts. Are you saying that Plato was a progressive whose philosophy was built on imagined concepts? Very insulting!

You are right to believe that the essential truth lies within silent presence. Your denials must include the denial of fractions of the whole and the whole concept of the Great Chain of Being. You have nothing to base it on while I can discuss the essential reality as three in one. Rather than deny fractions we have to understand why and how we pervert their meaning.
The seeker of truth is no thing looking for itself, it finds itself in no thing, that's all seeking is. Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water, after enlightenment chop wood, carry water...the primate is still a primate, nothing more nothing less.
You are confusing wholeness beyond the limitations of space and time with the reactions and conceptions of a fraction within creation and limited by time and space
No, this again is all story and belief. Just utter bamboozle informing primates they are oppressed and in order to overcome this oppression they have to take off their cloak of darkness to reveal their God suit. It's all just bollocks. There is nothing wrong with the human primate except it is hopelessly addicted to it's believing brain, and that's what makes human primates really stupid. Their brain got too big.
Yes; the essential question. Is Man on earth largely asleep in Plato’s cave and oblivious to objective universal and human meaning and purpose or is there a process of existence within which universal and human objective meaning and purpose Man can awaken to? I am drawn to verify the hypothesis of objective meaning and you are drawn to deny it and support denial with the assertion that it is all imagination.

This is why the great ideas are hated and why people with these ideas must be kicked out of forums where secularism dominates. The great ideas disturb our sleep. People who do this are considered “disruptive” regardless of forum rules. VA wrote that a basic human motive is the desire for peace. All those who understand what is necessary for awakening know it is not all hearts and flowers. It is rough stuff.
"A test of what is real is that it is hard and rough. Joys are found in it, not pleasure. What is pleasant belongs to dreams."
--Simone Weil Gravity and Grace
How many others could write this? Talk about disturbing the peace. She suggests the pleasures of peace through denial deny opening to experiencing the joys of reality. This assertion is simply intolerable. It may be quite peaceful to imagine with the help of a little liquid libation that the universe is meaningless. But what of the others who seek the pearl of great price which can only be acquired through awakening to it? Hate them if you need to. Don't worry, they re used to it.
More bamboozling word salad, a meaningless story that the believing brain likes to sink it's teeth into hook line and sinker, and says, oh this is so meaningful, this gives me hope and purpose, oh I'm so special and not just a monkey. I'm more than a monkey.
Yes, you are a monkey caught up in the illusion of maya getting off on lying to yourself, being totally obsessed with your own imagined mind fuck fest, with your big ape head caught up in the tigers mouth full of bullshit. While the real world laughs on in complete detachment living itself in all it's raw and gory from the bottom up of just ordinary day to day living in no extraordinary sense. Absent of any grandiose delusion of grandeur...the stuff dreams are made of, nothing more nothing less.
Amazing how this works. Socrates said “I know nothing” and understanding can only be acquired through self knowledge. You write that the ultimate knowledge is non existence and there is nothing objective to know. In that case efforts to know thyself are meaningless.

I’ll stick with Plato, Simone, and Einstein and some other unmentionables.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:20 pm
Amazing how this works. Socrates said “I know nothing” and understanding can only be acquired through self knowledge. You write that the ultimate knowledge is non existence and there is nothing objective to know. In that case efforts to know thyself are meaningless.
To know thyself you have to be. To be is to not know thyself.
Nick_A wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:20 pmI’ll stick with Plato, Simone, and Einstein and some other unmentionables.
I'll unstick with those and be with the only self I know...the one I don't know.

The rest of your reply was just more mumbo jumbo that needs to be flushed down the toilet where shit belongs.