DAM asked: "Is being born worth it - or is it better to have never been born?"

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: DAM asked: "Is being born worth it - or is it better to have never been born?"

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:45 am.........
Shut up parrot face. Your mind is so deeply stuck in it's own well dug mental groove, it's painful to listen to. Go away parrot on steroids and leave the rest of us sentient creatures alone to enjoy our peace.

Veritas Aequitas

Re: DAM asked: "Is being born worth it - or is it better to have never been born?"

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:05 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:45 am.........
Shut up parrot face. Your mind is so deeply stuck in it's own well dug mental groove, it's painful to listen to. Go away parrot on steroids and leave the rest of us sentient creatures alone to enjoy our peace.
The 'currency 'of this forum is 'justified arguments' which I have produced so far.
You suddenly gone bankrupt on justified arguments?
Sculptor

Re: "It is just a bad question; meaningless."

Post by Sculptor »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:48 pm You hear that, Dontaskme?

Sculptor doesn't like your question.

Do you care as little as I do?
It does not qualify as a question.
If you do not exist, then concerns about being worth it, or not being worth it are not meaningful
But a complete idiot like you is too dull to realise that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:33 am

If you do not exist, then concerns about being worth it, or not being worth it are not meaningful
Wow, is that right, now you're really telling me something dude, thanks for the wisdom oh wise one.
Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:33 amBut a complete idiot like you is too dull to realise that.
You don't exist in the way you think you do.

Hey, and I'm all out of Ad hominem attacks for scorpions like you, as I know their true nature, so don't usually bother with them, but feel free to bother with me, if I bother you..I can take it. :mrgreen:

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:29 pm
The seed of God is in us. Given an intelligent and hard-working farmer, it will thrive and grow up to God, whose seed it is; and accordingly its fruits will be God-nature. Pear seeds grow into pear trees, nut seeds into nut trees, and God seed into God.
—Meister Eckhart

I tried to explain the necessity of suffering in my previous post. You seem to deny this kernel of life Meister Eckhart refers to while I intuitively sense the value in recognizing it. For those like me the question becomes how to nurture it rather than deny it?
No Nick, the SEED is not in any thing, nor is any thing in the SEED. (except in this conception - the phantom gardener ) :D

SEED unseen) and the offshoot of unseen SEED )... is the unseen SEEN - ONE WITHOUT A SECOND...AKA NO THING.

WHAT CAME FIRST the chicken or the egg? ...answer: they both arise together, namely, here now...Now ...Human seeds grow into humans. God seeds grow into Gods. And Unicorn seeds grow into Unicorns.

Listen, no thing EVER called itself 'us' or 'me' or 'God' even... you see? now that's what I'm talking bout. That which is growing the grass is a bastard only child with no name.

It's really that simple.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme to bahman wrote: no one who is living ever had the choice of whether to live or not
Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:03 pmHow do you know this? How do you know that there wasn't some awareness and creative surge completely different than what you're aware of now?

Who told you - you are living?

Your reflection informs you are living. .aka knowledge.

No thing is being born, nor dying, except in this conception, aka no thing appearing full of it's own empty reflected/image.
aka (the play of make-believe, imagination and pretense ) apparenly very real indeed...as you'll find out when you look in the mirror of your mind, it's the only place you happen, the only screen on which your image is seen as it reflects back your unseen eyes.

The belief in the whole illusion is what keeps the big wheel of illusion turning. Desire may dwindle and the wheel may stop, but the potential for it to start up again is always there, if it's so desired, and it is, very often desired as we know all too well. You're living testimony, here and now what you conceive yourself to be self-evident, untill you've had enough. Then what happens next is likened to the dark violet flame of the unknowable.

Once you're in the known zone of knowledge, you can choose not to be born, only because you know you are born.. but you can never choose to be born because that's the zone of the unknown unaware - - it is only in the known zone that there is awareness of knowledge known. Only the known aware is born...aka the mind. Knowledge of awareness is after birth never before it.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 am
Dontaskme to bahman wrote: no one who is living ever had the choice of whether to live or not
Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:03 pmHow do you know this? How do you know that there wasn't some awareness and creative surge completely different than what you're aware of now?
Are you asking ME? You are the one who made the statement about the choice of whether to live or not, right?

The "experience of life", WHATEVER IT IS, appears to have vast potential. That's what I was pointing out, as you seemed to be fixated on a particular "reality" at the time.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 amNo thing is being born, nor dying, except in this conception, aka no thing appearing full of it's own empty reflected/image.
aka (the play of make-believe, imagination and pretense ) apparenly very real indeed...as you'll find out when you look in the mirror of your mind, it's the only place you happen, the only screen on which your image is seen as it reflects back your unseen eyes.

The belief in the whole illusion is what keeps the big wheel of illusion turning. Desire may dwindle and the wheel may stop, but the potential for it to start up again is always there, if it's so desired, and it is, very often desired as we know all too well. You're living testimony, here and now what you conceive yourself to be self-evident, untill you've had enough. Then what happens next is likened to the dark violet flame of the unknowable.

Once you're in the known zone of knowledge, you can choose not to be born, only because you know you are born.. but you can never choose to be born because that's the zone of the unknown unaware - - it is only in the known zone that there is awareness of knowledge known. Only the known aware is born...aka the mind. Knowledge of awareness is after birth never before it.
Are you copying much of this from a book? If you understand: a) no thing is being born; b) you conceive yourself; and c) the illusion is very often desired, then can you please speak to your posts (explain) about how OTHERS made the choice for you to be born, and that life is all bullshit?

As I've pointed out before, you take these extreme positions at times, DAM, often back-to-back (maybe when some kind of medication kicks in?... or you've had a good night's sleep?), yet you do not reconcile them here on the forum -- you just speak as if THIS IS HOW IT IS ABSOLUTELY IN THIS MOMENT... despite anything you've said to the contrary THAT WAS HOW IT WAS ABSOLUTELY IN THAT MOMENT. Are you aware of this and can you provide some clarity as to what causes it? I would genuinely like to understand.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:53 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:33 am

Wow, is that right, now you're really telling me something dude, thanks for the wisdom oh wise one.
Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:33 amBut a complete idiot like you is too dull to realise that.
You don't exist in the way you think you do.

Hey, and I'm all out of Ad hominem attacks for scorpions like you, as I know their true nature, so don't usually bother with them, but feel free to bother with me, if I bother you..I can take it. :mrgreen:

The comment was not even directed at you.
henry quirk

"The comment was not even directed at you."

Post by henry quirk »

Yes, it was. It's DAM's question, not mine. Your problem with 'it' is with 'her'.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Age wrote:
Do you give any meaning to your own individual existence
I do indeed give meaning to my own individual existence
But I have only recently done this so it was not always so
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

A man asks a waiter for a coffee without cream.
"Sorry says the waiter, we don't have any cream. We use milk."
"Okay I'll have coffee without milk."

Is being born worth "IT"?
What is "IT" anyway?
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
I do not believe there is any other purpose and meaning for human life other than procreation and producing the next generation
Purpose and meaning are not the same . For purpose is functional whereas meaning is philosophical or psychological
So while one can say that the purpose of life is to propogate the species that is not at all what the meaning of life is
The meaning of life can refer to all of human life or just ones own life but its something more than mere procreation
Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:40 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
I do not believe there is any other purpose and meaning for human life other than procreation and producing the next generation
Purpose and meaning are not the same . For purpose is functional whereas meaning is philosophical or psychological
So while one can say that the purpose of life is to propogate the species that is not at all what the meaning of life is
The meaning of life can refer to all of human life or just ones own life but its something more than mere procreation
In this case, I meant the meaning of is grounded on the purpose.
Note for humans the purpose of human life is to procreate and nurturing the next generation so that they can procreate effectively.

There could be other meanings that one can adopt for one's life but they are secondary and in the major of cases is to support the fundamental purpose of procreation and nurturing.

By the principles of the Normal Distribution, there will be a percentile at the extreme opposite end. For example to a psychopath serial killer, meaning of life to him/her may be to kill as many humans as possible, but that is not in alignment to the central core in facilitating procreation by others. Contrarily, some serial killers are good parents, e.g. BTK.
Others may have adopted meaning of life in contrary to procreation, but they are the minority.

If a person's meaning of life is to be a good parent, to be healthy, maintain good well being, etc. those are in alignment with procreation.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 am
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pmAre you asking ME?
Yes I am. Who told you - you are alive?
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pm You are the one who made the statement about the choice of whether to live or not, right?
Yes that's right.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pmThe "experience of life", WHATEVER IT IS, appears to have vast potential.
I concur.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pmThat's what I was pointing out, as you seemed to be fixated on a particular "reality" at the time.
ok
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:35 amNo thing is being born, nor dying, except in this conception, aka no thing appearing full of it's own empty reflected/image.

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pmAre you copying much of this from a book?
No not from a book per-se, I'm copying it from my memory, what I write about is information stored in some kind of archive where it can be recalled and put into words to be understood and interpreted any which way one wants to according to the readers perception of what is of value in a meaningful sense.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pm (explain) about how OTHERS made the choice for you to be born, and that life is all bullshit?
Others make the choice for another life to come into existence. I say this because those who are already born know they are born via knowledge, so they know there is potential for new life to be born aswell. They also know how to make new life come in.
As for the potential new life, it knows nothing of it's potential for life, therefore it cannot choose to come in, it comes in as and through the people who are knowledgeable about making choices.

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pmAs I've pointed out before, you take these extreme positions at times, DAM, often back-to-back (maybe when some kind of medication kicks in?... or you've had a good night's sleep?),
I don't take any medications, I'm really lucky I have no health problems at the moment, so no drugs or other mood altering substances for me, I'm just naturally joyful and happy, I wake up singing every morning, I actually love living, except when I hate it.

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pmyet you do not reconcile them here on the forum -- you just speak as if THIS IS HOW IT IS ABSOLUTELY IN THIS MOMENT...
I only live in the moment and speak from the moment. What comes out of my voice is not pre-scripted, it's just what it is in the moment, usually, everything I say comes out like an arrow. I have all the information already stored in my archive, where ever that is, I don't know.

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:35 pmdespite anything you've said to the contrary THAT WAS HOW IT WAS ABSOLUTELY IN THAT MOMENT. Are you aware of this and can you provide some clarity as to what causes it? I would genuinely like to understand.
All I can say in reply, is that I'm not really sure what you are referring to here. I just act in the moment and what comes from me is what happens, I don't know what causes me to be me,or why I say the stuff I say, it just happens.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:40 pm
What is "IT" anyway?
Consult knowledge, it will inform you of everything you want yo know, since you are asking the question.