Consciousness Personified ?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

Re: Consciousness Personified ?

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dontaskme wrote:
Of course to announce the idea of infinity at all must imply it exists and that it is happening all at once
The eternal NOW is not happening all at once because the nature of time means that it is not absolute but relative
The NOW you are experiencing is not the same NOW being experienced everywhere else but instead is one of many
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote:
Of course to announce the idea of infinity at all must imply it exists and that it is happening all at once
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:49 amThe eternal NOW is not happening all at once because the nature of time means that it is not absolute but relative
The notion of 'now' is relative to the absolute - negating relativity as an illusion. Knowledge of time is an objective perception.
There is no physical basis for the idea of a ''present moment'' moving through time.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:49 amThe NOW you are experiencing is not the same NOW being experienced everywhere else but instead is one of many
There is no 'one of many' there is only 'many of one'.

You do not experience NOW. YOU are NOW ... NOW is just another word for this immediate eternal ''Presence''

Only the mind moves not YOU.

''Time is a concept of human mind, that can exist only within mind. Outside of mind and its multiplicity of concepts and theories, there is only the ever-present, continuous, and uninterrupted Now. Therefore, anything outside of the here and now is non-existent. The past is merely an appearance that exists within the human function of memory. It has no present reality.''

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dontaskme wrote:
There is no one of many there is only many of the one

You do not experience NOW ... YOU are NOW ... NOW is just another word for this immediate eternal Presence

Only the mind moves not YOU
I understand all that but I obviously see everything from my own subjective perspective
And from within that perspective I am one simple mind in a body moving through time

But from the objective perspective of Existence itself I am just one of many minds in a body moving through time
To me neither of these scenarios are wrong as it simply depends on which one you are using at any particular time
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:28 am
Dontaskme wrote:
There is no one of many there is only many of the one

You do not experience NOW ... YOU are NOW ... NOW is just another word for this immediate eternal Presence

Only the mind moves not YOU
I understand all that but I obviously see everything from my own subjective perspective
And from within that perspective I am one simple mind in a body moving through time
Yes, I understand that, from that perspective, which is an objective concept known by consciousness, then yes, but notice only the mind is moving, not consciousness itself.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:28 amBut from the objective perspective of Existence itself I am just one of many minds in a body moving through time
To me neither of these scenarios are wrong as it simply depends on which one you are using at any particular time
Well there is only ONE mind appearing as many minds.

There cannot be many minds appearing as ONE MIND..because that which only appears to appear, never actually appears. There is no mind, the mind is a mirage...it's empty to the core and reflects only itself, emptiness looking at emptiness appearing full as conceived in this conception.