What do men and women really want from each other?

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: What do men and women actually really want from each other?

Post by Dontaskme »

Dachshund wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:42 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:59 pm :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :?: :?: :?: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :idea: :idea: :idea:

I'm fucked if I know.
They're supposed to make babies, that's their whole fucking raison d'etre.

Regards

Dachshund (Der Uberweiner)
Aside from the natural physiological and biological innate drive to reproduce more of itself brought about by some function nature itself has programmed into the organism...

What do men and women actually really want from each other after that?

Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:04 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:59 pm :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :?: :?: :?: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :idea: :idea: :idea:

I'm fucked if I know.

Regards

Aside from the natural physiological and biological innate drive to reproduce more of itself brought about by some function nature itself has programmed into the organism...

What do men and women actually really want from each other after that?

The relevant physiological/biological drives to reproduce are natural, but they were not "programmed" by nature itself, rather, by a supernatural entity. Let's call this supernatural, transcendent, divine, entity/being "God." It not just about what human men and women want from each other; it's also what God wants them to want from each other, and that it to be together, ultimately for one man and one woman to bond with each other in love, and become "as one." He also wants them to promise that they will stay together always and create a family. He wants them to pledge that only death will part them. But God can't force a man and a woman to do any of this, because he gave all human beings free will. He just sits back and keeps his fingers crossed. He's already had his say in the matter; he's said, very clearly what he thinks is the best way for men and women to go, its all recorded in the Bible.

Regards

Last edited by Dachshund on Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dachshund wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:07 am The relevant physiological/biological drives to reproduce are natural, but they were not "programmed" by nature itself, rather, by a supernatural entity. Let's call this supernatural, transcendent, divine, entity/being "God." It not just about what human men and women want from each other; it's also what God wants them to want from each other, and that it to be together, ultimately for one man and one woman to bond with each other in love, and become "as one." He also wants them to promise that they will stay together always and create a family. He wants them to pledge that only death will part them. But God can force a man and a woman to do any of this, because he gave all human being free will. He just sits back and keeps his fingers crossed. He's already had his say in the matter; he's said, very clearly what he thinks is the best way for men and women to go, its all recorded in the Bible.
This is just a story men and women tell themselves, it's a belief structure they have invented in order that they know they exist. I personally don't believe in imaginary stories anymore. I believe in myself, the one I am, but I do not believe in the one I think I am which is just an imagined other one - the one I made up.

The other one is just the same one imposing itself as another, the other one is an imposter. The notion that two people have to stay together to become one is not the meaning of free will, it's taking away free will, in my opinion. You don't need another one to complete you as one. You are one. The other one is your mirror, your complementary opposite..not your possession, one that is going to complete you as one as if you are only half a being without the other. That's just imposing restriction on the other to be free.

Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

I'll get back to you asap. I need to deal with Lacewing first :roll:

Regards

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:11 pmAs for being able to tell someone you love to "fuck off"...I can speak to that! :lol: From my perspective: WE ARE ON A STAGE much of the time. We do all kinds of conscious and unconscious, good and bad, constructive and disruptive things on that stage. We are wild creators and destroyers. And we dance with and around each other, influenced and distorted by countless things. We can love someone while not loving what they are being or doing.
Do you mean we cannot love a man or a woman unconditionally? I'm especially referring to two people who agree to couple up and live together because they believe they have fallen in love with each other and so want to be together?
What do you think they mean by falling in love with each other? Do two people need to be in love before they commit to living together?

What does telling your potential partner I LOVE YOU , the one whom you have chosen to live with until death do you part ..what does those 3 words even mean? that's what I'm trying to understand here?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:11 pmPersonally, I can love a person and yet still respond very vocally to whatever crazy, distorted thing they're doing, which may be their load of crap or may be affecting everyone around them. So, to that character on the stage, I say "fuck you" or "fuck off". I know that is not who they are at the core of their being or in their basic nature (so to speak), but they have taken on that role or mask to act out something, and I will say if I think it's fucked up.
But why love someone at all? why do we have to convince ourselves that we love others? why do we need to love another?
It seems such an empty meaningless word to me. Love to me implies I have got it and I can give what I've got to someone else. And that someone else is willing to take the love that I have got for themself as if it's what they think they want from you. Do you see what I am saying Lacy?

But why would we want to do that? If I believe I've got love then they must have it too, so why would I want to give something to someone what they've already got?
Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:11 pm When they stop acting like a raving lunatic and creating so much noise, then we can feel the undercurrent of ever-flowing love again. :-) It (the love) doesn't go away... not for me.
For me, it depends what LOVE actually means. I personally don't see love anywhere, except the idea that it exists. For me, it's just another made-up concept by humans. For me, love is an idea in me that means I can adore the face I see in the mirror, it's as if I am addicted and obssessed by my own image, and then I see other people or animals and all kinds of other things, and I call all those things love, because I say I love all this that I see.

The word just becomes more and more absurd in the end, especially when one does horrible nasty evil things and then justifies it's actions by saying I did what I did because I love doing what I do. We kill other animals just because we love eating meat. We kill babies in the womb because we love to be childfree. Or a man might confess to a woman he's supposedly fallen in love that he loves her and only her forever and ever and tells her no one else will ever love her the way he loves her, he tells her his love is unconditional and forever. And then that same man then just one day says to the woman he loves, actually I don't really want you anymore in my life and then disappears for good. That kind of example just makes the word LOVE nothing more than a meaningless pretentious LIE
For me, love is just a pointless empty word believed to be real.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:11 pm But I'm not going to endure someone's absurdly self-indulgent and destructive stage show just because I love them. I might say, "take off the mask, put down the script, and get off the fucking stage". All with love in my heart. :D They can do the same for me when necessary. If we interact on the stage together, that's the show we're producing. Hopefully it's entertaining and fun. If not, we don't have to participate. At any time, we can walk away from the stage.
I understand this thanks. So in effect what you are saying is that no one can love you unconditionally. And if someone does tell you they can then they are just lying to themselves and the other they claim to love right?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote:
When they stop acting like a raving lunatic and creating so much noise, then we can feel the undercurrent of ever-flowing love again. :-) It (the love) doesn't go away... not for me.
For me, from my perspective, behind the mask that humans wear is nothingness, behind the mask, there is a blank innocence prior to the knowledge of oneself coming into existence at all.

And so to know LOVE as being the undercurrent of an ever-flowing Is-ness so to speak is just a human idea, it's a claim.

And so to claim that IS-ness is LOVE it must also be argued that IS-ness is not LOVE at all, the undercurrent could just as well be an EVIL dark inhospitable wretched reality as well. HOW will we ever know what FORCE is really running this SHOW?

We can only make judgements, interpretations, predictions, hold to preferences, and prejudices and biases as to what we want to believe is true according to those principles we stake our claim to?

But just who's principles are they? and are we to just allow them to have authorship and authority over our lives?

I personally see more pain and suffering in the world than I see harmony bliss and pleasure. Just what does the word LOVE actually mean?

For me, pleasure is very short lived and fleeting, whereas pain and suffering goes on for much much longer that any pleasure ever lasts.

For example, it can take months even years to recover from the excrutiating pain and agony as a result of being the victim of a bad car crash injury. Whereas to experience a pleasure that last months or years is unheard of. Life just seems to be one endless struggle after the other. It's doesn't seem like LOVE to me..in my opinion. I don't love that I have to suffer for my pleasure, or that in order to experience pleasure I must experience pain and suffering. If what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, then what are you being made stronger for? for just more pain ahead, until eventually you long to die just to get some blessed relief at last?

It all just seems hardly worth it, in order to have pleasure we must suffer, it just doesn't seem like being born is worth the addmission fee.

Another thing about being human is we have to suffer our emotions, it's hardly loving, it's like I eat because I am unhappy and I'm unhappy because I eat.

We like to eat the stuff most that kills us, and yet hate the stuff that's supposed to be good for us that saves our life.

It's like what bloody life?

It's not very well designed is it, in fact it all just seems so fucking fucked up to be honest. It's like we are deliberately set up to fail from day one. We spend our lives trying to gain everything all for nothing, it's so stupid.

But this is just my opinion, I'm not saying that is how we all think and live our lives.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dachshund to Dontaskme wrote: I'll get back to you asap. I need to deal with Lacewing first :roll:
Hopefully it's worth it... :roll:
Last edited by Lacewing on Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:18 pm
I agree with you that this human world and everything in it is made-up. Because without the human world of apparent separation and distinction, there is no other to feel anything about, or do anything to/with. For me, that's the reason for the human world: to explore the possibilities of creativity through feeling and doing and interaction.

The concept of love can mean so many things. I have known people who say they love in one moment, only to turn it off a moment later. That idea of love is not the idea of love that I experience. You're a mom, right? So you know that love doesn't mean you don't get tough. If a child is being obnoxious, you respond to that, but your love doesn't go away. That's what I was referring to. I see no difference between children and adults, in the way that love for the person/being remains despite the behavior and the interaction on the stage.

The kind of love I'm talking about is a combination of like what innocent babies express... a kind of joyful welcoming and longing to connect -- COMBINED with a deeper appreciation that comes from broader awareness (of maturing) -- and it is just THERE naturally. There is no effort. There is no giving and receiving of it specifically, as it's more like a frequency. There may be giving and receiving of things that are inspired by it, or that are inspired by other ideas of love, and those are the things that are less reliable, maybe because they're more on the stage we act out on.

That's my guess. I think anyone can tap into that deeper appreciation and longing to connect -- but it depends on the person as to whether their awareness and truth of that are disrupted by the noise on the stage. Some people are much better at maintaining their sense of love throughout everything that is thrown at them. Regardless of who/what we love, sometimes we have to walk away. There is so much going on, on the stage of existence -- I think we can feel love for the vast display and potential of creativity, without being embroiled in every scene going on within it. Perhaps radiating love in certain areas is a good use of being here.

If we decide that love and life are pointless because it's all made-up, then we essentially turn up our noses at this experience. And what's the point of that? We are here...let's see what we can accomplish and experience and MAKE OF OURSELVES...and have some fun on the stage.

(I will respond specifically to some of your good questions in another post later.)
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:06 pm
I said I would respond to some more of your comments/questions, but I think I actually already did enough in my last post.

Here's what I'd like to add...

I think it's helpful not to take any view too seriously. When we start feeling too spun up or discouraged, we can turn our focus to the gentle flow of nature that we're part of. That always has a rebalancing effect for me. It reminds me of that which is beyond words and ideas and human noise and upsets. It's a calm place of being that doesn't require anything. And that's a wonderful place to be and to observe from.

I'm feeling drawn there now too. :)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:17 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:06 pm
I said I would respond to some more of your comments/questions, but I think I actually already did enough in my last post.
That's fair enough, I'm not expecting you or anyone else to reply to every idea and comment made here, to you or any other person...else we'd be spending our entire day and night chatting about this subject, it's a time we don't really have, so lets just say what is important to us that we would like to specifically address, and not stress too much on the details in absolute detail.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:17 pmHere's what I'd like to add...

I think it's helpful not to take any view too seriously. When we start feeling too spun up or discouraged, we can turn our focus to the gentle flow of nature that we're part of. That always has a rebalancing effect for me. It reminds me of that which is beyond words and ideas and human noise and upsets. It's a calm place of being that doesn't require anything. And that's a wonderful place to be and to observe from.

I'm feeling drawn there now too. :)

Thanks for your views Lacewing,they are appreciated. I am reading all your comments made here with great interest. I get what you are saying in general about not getting too bogged down with thinking. However, I'm formulating this thread in order to do just that, to think about relationships and why do people form them at all.

I suppose what I really want to draw attention to is to get behind the idea that causes men and woman to want to come together apart from the obvious desire to reproduce more of itself.

People want things from each other and that's the only reason why men and women or women and women or men and men come together as a couple, otherwise if there was no want or desire apart from wanting to reproduce more of themselves,then there would be no need for humans to couple up at all as in marry each other, which to me is not a good idea as it's been proven over and over again that the vows taken upon marriage are false lies believed to be real, that fact has been tested time and time again to be absolute truth.

As I see it, the human predicament is that it will always want what it believes it hasn't got, and so it relies on another to satisfy that want in believing the other can give it to them. That is a set-up from the start to fail miserably and not end well for mental health.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:31 pm
I agree with you that this human world and everything in it is made-up. Because without the human world of apparent separation and distinction, there is no other to feel anything about, or do anything to/with. For me, that's the reason for the human world: to explore the possibilities of creativity through feeling and doing and interaction.
Yes I agree to some extent, but for me, I can see straight through the people for what they are which is a pretence of what is actually really going on here in reality, which can take for ever to explain, so I'll stop there for now.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:31 pmThe concept of love can mean so many things. I have known people who say they love in one moment, only to turn it off a moment later. That idea of love is not the idea of love that I experience.
In the context of switching the word LOVE over to on or off, can be just another belief structure that one uses for it's own manipulation over others especially when applied with deceitful intention that often comes with disastrous consequences.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:31 pm You're a mom, right? So you know that love doesn't mean you don't get tough. If a child is being obnoxious, you respond to that, but your love doesn't go away. That's what I was referring to.
Yes I am a mum, I see what you are saying and agree. A mothers love for her children is usually unconditional self-less love. Except when the mother herself is a Sociopathic Narcissist.
When the mother makes no claim to own the child and allows the child to form it's own opinions and values, and freedom to be, without expectation or wanting them to change, but rather allowing them to learn from their own mistakes, so that if and when the going does get tough for the offspring, they will know to return to the one that does genuinely love them without judging or critizing them. The offspring will often turn to whom they can trust and rely on the most if more guidance is sought out. And that's what is mean't by proper loving them unconditionally. Children can only learn to love themselves if they are shown it as and through the mother's expamle.

But again, I personally don't see all this as LOVE per-se, I see it more as a survival instinct that wants and desires life to survive. A good mother guides her offspring away from harm, and yet at the same time allows them all the freedom to be exactly who they want to be.

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:31 pm
The kind of love I'm talking about is a combination of like what innocent babies express... a kind of joyful welcoming and longing to connect -- COMBINED with a deeper appreciation that comes from broader awareness (of maturing) -- and it is just THERE naturally. There is no effort. There is no giving and receiving of it specifically, as it's more like a frequency. There may be giving and receiving of things that are inspired by it, or that are inspired by other ideas of love, and those are the things that are less reliable, maybe because they're more on the stage we act out on.
Again, for me, the word love is overused, and overrated, for me it's all about raising offspring to survive in what is often a very inhospitable and disturbing world that seeks only for it's own survival at all cost.

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:31 pm Some people are much better at maintaining their sense of love throughout everything that is thrown at them. Regardless of who/what we love, sometimes we have to walk away. There is so much going on, on the stage of existence -- I think we can feel love for the vast display and potential of creativity, without being embroiled in every scene going on within it. Perhaps radiating love in certain areas is a good use of being here.
For me, I prefer to substitute the word LOVE for PRESENCE.
I can be present with people without feeling like I have to love them or not. And vice versa, I would like others to feel they can be present with me without the added pressure on them to feel like they have to love me or not.
Can men and women live like that with each other? by just being present with each other without expectation or wanting the other to change? I doubt those relationships can exist.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:31 pmIf we decide that love and life are pointless because it's all made-up, then we essentially turn up our noses at this experience. And what's the point of that?
I don't think we are ever in a position to turn our noses up at experiences, because they are just happening spontaneously unless we choose one out of deliberate intent, and by experiencing by intent, the idea of turning our nose up wouldn't even arise.

I see reality is no different for an adult than it is for a child. We both play the game of make belief. For a child they are born with no knowledge nor have they anything to relate to so they make things up, they play make-believe with imaginary friends and things.
When the child becomes more knowledgable, they continue to play the game of make- belief only with the knowledge they have attained as to believing in that knowledge as actual and real. The point I am making here is that we don't stop being a child just because our body has grown old.
A child had no idea the tree in the garden was called a tree - not until the child was informed it was a tree, by another person who told the child it was a tree. The child then believed the long stick with other sticks sticking out of it was an actual tree.
Concepts are born out of belief, and hey presto this whole world is built out of belief and concepts, using words

Lacewing wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:31 pmWe are here...let's see what we can accomplish and experience and MAKE OF OURSELVES...and have some fun on the stage.
We can have fun, but also it's not always fun, sometimes it's horrifically not fun at all. And what we can accomplish will all be lost. Everything we see and experience and gain...we lose, we lose it all, as everything we see and experience, is nothing more than an empty passing show that defaults to nothing in the end.

Just reply to what you want here Lacy, or nothing at all, there is no expectation here to say anything.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:14 pm
Please excuse the length of this... every bit of it is honest and heartfelt from a state of presence. :)

What we (you and I) make of what we see is different, of course. We see a lot of the same things, but our perspectives about it are formed (perhaps) by the way we connect the dots...and there are countless ways to connect the dots...perhaps making ALL WAYS seem legitimate, depending on where one stands?

I do not know why I see, feel, and connect the dots the way I do. It seriously was part of me from the very beginning of my life, as I have memories from being a baby and young child, in which I assessed what I was observing. I could immediately sense where the danger and weaknesses were in the adults I was surrounded by. I also could tell who was genuine, and would protect me. And I could see how afraid the adults were... which maybe is why I felt compassion and love for them. They couldn't help how they were thinking and being. They were victims of their own experiences/perspectives, maybe.

Amidst all of this, I felt -- what I can only describe as -- LOVE. Even as a child, I saw my Father's ego... and how fragile it made him... and I wanted to comfort him, by "being a child" for him. Even when I actually knew things that he did not, I would keep it to myself. It was a different dynamic with my Mother. I loved her despite the role she played on the stage -- but she felt dangerous to me, so my energy was focused on being a step ahead of her, in order to keep myself safe. Despite all of this, I felt happiness and love as my natural states. Maybe not in the exact moments of abuse... but as soon as that passed, I returned to my natural states that were not dependent on other people doing anything for me.

I've shared this to try to show that what I feel and how I perceive is not based on other people -- it is despite other people. Hopefully this can give insight on why I say what I do here in your thread.

Like you, I see all kinds of things in people... including myself. My adult "self" has evolved to view all of it on a stage -- without anything eternally serious -- and so I dance on the stage too, without forgetting (usually) my natural states. I honestly feel like I can step off the stage at any moment. I don't mean "die"... I mean: stop believing in a story or a performance. I can be in the moment, with another person, and feel LOVE.

It doesn't matter who they are! I could do it with Trump! :lol: Honestly! (I bet his supporters couldn't do that! Isn't that funny?!) That is truly my perspective of love. It sets everything aside... all the drama and the performances on the stage... all of the ideas of "separation"... all of that illusion is set aside... and what remains is, well, beyond words. The feeling for me is of a connectedness full of (what I can only describe as) a form of love.

So this is why I say in response to your comments and the thread topic:

For me...

> Love is not simply a belief. It can be that, and it can describe something else.
> I do not need anyone to complete me. What I want from a man is to experience an even greater fullness in life as a result of who he is and his male energy combined with who I am and my female energy to connect and co-create magically. Is that really too much to ask? :lol: :lol: :lol:
> Perhaps the greatest gift we can give and receive is our ability to connect and co-create -- as opposed to separating and/or lording over others or being lorded over.
> Pretense is partially what we're here for, it seems. Being able to remember/know it is pretense, seems empowering and valuable. But being disgusted to a large degree by all of the pretense seems unproductive.
> Turning up one's nose to this experience means not being welcoming, accepting, grateful, etc. Hating this experience... being disappointed by this experience... to a large degree, seems unproductive.
> My view: The challenge and the gift of this life is to see what we can do with it regardless of everything going on. The more you can do despite all that is around you, the more accomplished and capable you become. I love the Sufi saying that goes something like this: Anyone can go into a cave to become "enlightened". But the one who can stand in the middle of a crowded street and feel peace, THAT is a master!"
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:14 pm For me, I prefer to substitute the word LOVE for PRESENCE.
I can be present with people without feeling like I have to love them or not. And vice versa, I would like others to feel they can be present with me without the added pressure on them to feel like they have to love me or not.
Sure! I totally get that. I don't feel like I HAVE TO try to love someone, though. Hopefully what I've shared above in my post shows that I often just feel it... I'm not trying! (Perhaps it's a different kind of thing than love... but I don't know how else to describe it.)
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:14 pm Can men and women live like that with each other? by just being present with each other without expectation or wanting the other to change? I doubt those relationships can exist.
It would be wonderful... even if only some of the time... but I suppose that, at some points, the earthly stage rises up no matter what. That's why it's so important to choose who we get on stage with if it's going to be something more significant to us.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:14 pmWe can have fun, but also it's not always fun, sometimes it's horrifically not fun at all.
Yes. And where we experience it from -- how REAL it feels -- affects the intensity of it. Sometimes the less real it is, the more fun or humorous it can be. We can say "Look at the show! Wow! Amazing!" My best friends are people I can laugh with about troubling things. We may start out crying how awful something is, and before we know it, we're laughing at the absurdity and the show! That is a wonderful thing to share and experience with someone! Life, with all of its delusion, absurdity, blindness, bloated egos, twisted creativity, and even horror, can be seen as very funny. It's helpful to keep that perspective on hand.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:14 pmAnd what we can accomplish will all be lost. Everything we see and experience and gain...we lose, we lose it all, as everything we see and experience, is nothing more than an empty passing show that defaults to nothing in the end.
As you are aware of at times, there is nothing actually being gained or lost. It is the experience of the moment -- that is precious -- and then a new moment comes along. There is always MORE to be experienced, regardless of who it might be with. The EXPERIENCE is the gift, perhaps! That's what this human thing is all about. What can we experience, and what can we do with that? Then we're gone. Sweet.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:14 pmJust reply to what you want here Lacy, or nothing at all
Thanks. This was a really interesting exploration/communication FOR ME, inspired by your comments and questions. Wishing you a lovely day on or off the stage. :D
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:14 pm --

We can have fun, but also it's not always fun, sometimes it's horrifically not fun at all. And what we can accomplish will all be lost. Everything we see and experience and gain...we lose, we lose it all, as everything we see and experience, is nothing more than an empty passing show that defaults to nothing in the end.

Just reply to what you want here Lacy, or nothing at all, there is no expectation here to say anything.

Dear DAM,

That's a rather nihilistic world-view you' re expressing above. :cry:

Have you ever noticed how we can have a very strong feeling that someone who is there in the room, very close to us, someone whom we can see and hear and whom we can touch is nevertheless not "PRESENT", s/he is infinitely further away from us than such a loved one who is thousands of miles away, or who has passed on and is no longer belongs to our world ?

Gabriel Marcel (a French philosopher) said..."you know you have loved someone when you have glimpsed in them that which is too beautiful to die."

Dead right, Gabriel - I can vouch for it !

Genuine love between a man and a woman is a mysterious relationship, though the lover and his beloved often sense intimations that their communion is endowed with the trappings of a higher order of being, one that, is eternal and immortal.

Forget about nihilism - it is a sickness of the soul that was unleashed on the West by some very bitter and twisted, hate-fuelled men (neo- Marxist philosophers like: Jacques Derrida; Michel Foucault; Richard Rorty; Lyotard, and the list goes on). Think about you you life to date, all of the intense, happiness, sorrow, joy compassion, struggle, bliss, triumphs you have personally experienced; all those times your heart has been deeply touched (or broken) by some trivial, little domestic commonplace. Can you REALLY believe that none of it has a single shred of meaning, none of it has any value, none of it has any purpose ; that its all just worthless shit that was always destined die, and that death is finis (i.e. "Dead IS Dead").

I can't believe it, it doesn't make sense ? What do you think ?

Regards

Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:00 am
Dachshund wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Ask yourself why do I and almost every other woman on planet Earth, have boobs ?

Dachshund

(der Uberweiner)
Odd. I assumed you were a male for some reason.
You are most definitely safe to still assume that
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

I'm fucked if I know.

I think not. I've lived 59 years, had 21 sex partners, and had sex too many times to keep count. I have one child.
So I'm calling bollucks on that empty assertion. I think we are a little more than anempheral fly whose only purpose is to f*ck and die.