Deleted Thread?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Re: Deleted Thread?

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:58 pm

Oh yeah, Trump has pretty much ended the Korean conflict (war) from the 1950s with a flourish of broad strokes. Finally. What remains is the details. Not much mention of that other than nibbles of sharp little teeth about ankle high.
my view of your horse-sense is much lower now.

seeing that the Korean War Armistice is still in effect and has been for now 60 yr or so...............and since last week you think all has changed?!!????

outside of a couple of photo ops.

lol.

pathetic!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can make your rediculous claim in 5 yrs or so - IF events play out - not 2 fucking weeks after a photo op!!!!!!

oh BTW NATO remains central to US security - including Denmark - which is a fellow member.

esp while Putler is alive and well.

cold war is back bubba.

wake up!
Walker

Post by Walker »

That visit wasn't just a photo op.

Business. Frontier market. With risk comes reward.
A grocery store chain would clean up and make a lot of hay in North Korea.

You have to start looking at the bigger picture. Like Nixon did, with China.

Irrational and unsupported hatred for Trump seems to be driving folks coo-coo, beginning with the shock and denial of election night and continuing to this day.

Pity the wasted energy.
Mike Strand

Post by Mike Strand »

I would hope that if the forum managers delete a post or thread, they would notify the poster as to their reasons.

Just guessing: Is the fact that Einstein might have appeared racist at some point in his life a philosophical issue? Racism itself, however, might be seen as a philosophical issue. Also, is Trump himself a philosophical issue? Some of his views (if we could figure them out) might be.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Mike Strand wrote:
I would hope that if the forum managers delete a post or thread they would notify the poster as to their reasons
That doesnt usually happen as entire threads can disappear without anybody even knowing they have been deleted
But long as you dont write too much about politics - a cardinal sin here - then you should probably be all right man
Dont use offensive language as that also gets deleted but you are free to abuse other members as much as you like
This is an old thread but theres nothing else for me to post right now hence these useful tips for any new members
-1-

Post by -1- »

gaffo wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:24 pm
(In response to walker) my view of your horse-sense is much lower now.
Careful with the metaphors, Gaffo. If your view is lower, it may be that the viewpoint is lower... meaning it is you who is sinking.

You know I don't think of you that day, that's why I am warning you to be careful.

Like the proverbial letter of reference to the potential new employer of a job-seeker: "You'll be extremely lucky to get this guy to work for you."

Or the love poem, "Out of all the women I've known, you are one of them."

Or the two-car race loser, who says, "I came in second, while the champ came in before the very last car", instead of saying he came in last.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Posting on this forum as a guest is like playing baseball, which is also like writing in water with a stick.

To play in the Now, or to write in water, focus on the execution and not the results.
henry quirk

Over the weekend, I posted in a thread titled 'Human & Subhuman'...

Post by henry quirk »

...or some such.

The whole point of the thread was to designate state commies like Bernie Sanders & Elizabeth Warren as 'human' and designate state capitalists like Trump as 'subhuman.

It was a boring, pedestrian lil exercise, obvious & trite, sumthin' I (roundaboutly) pointed out in my response.

I went off and had my day; when I returned to the forum that evening, the thread was gone.

I'm wonderin': what kinda nonsense did folks get up to to get the thread killed?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Never saw it HQ, but I've found that a few filthy words is sufficient to vanish a thread, so that's a good possibility ...
henry quirk

Another Trump thread (several, actually) went *poof*.

Post by henry quirk »

My suggestion: from now on, put all Trump/US threads in the form of a public code (and be philo-serious about it, you jackasses!).

Instead of USA or America, write about CRAP (Constitutional Republic of American Provinces).

Instead of Trump, write about FART (First Administrator of Republic Territories).

It should be wholly permissible to write about the FART of CRAP, yeah?

'Impeach the FART!' should fly, right?

'Leave the FART be!' is acceptable, mebbe?

'CRAP needs to go down!' and 'CRAP endures!' both are welcome, surely?
Walker

Re: Another Trump thread (several, actually) went *poof*.

Post by Walker »

It could have been in part a reaction to Luxin hollering “Take Me Now Jesus!”

I noticed because I had just composed an insightful and brilliant response to his ranting, but suddenly had nowhere to post it.
henry quirk

"I had just composed an insightful and brilliant response"

Post by henry quirk »

A very good reason for threads to stand, as they are, and be allowed to meander where they will.

All manner of good thinkin' gets dumped for no good reason.
AMod

Post by AMod »

My suggestion.

Take your partisan politics to an American Politics forum as I'm becoming very bored with it all and may well just solve the issue in a more final way.

AMod.
henry quirk

bored: two way street, bud

Post by henry quirk »

:zzz:
:sleeping:
AMod

Post by AMod »

Exactly!

Your obsession with yourselves and your politics is a snooze fest and more suited to an American politics forum so take it there or at the very least try to make a philosophical point. Do you see the Brits filling this forum with such stuff even though they are in the most divisive political times in decades?

Amod.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

AMod wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:56 am...at the very least try to make a philosophical point.
I think some of us did, in the variety of threads you *poofed*.

But: no worries, pal. Me: not gonna bring up the FART of the CRAP again. I'll be good: only talk about 'categorical imperatives' and 'noumena' and 'numbers: reality or fiction?' and 'all is ONE' and whatever other stuff is acceptable.

And -- of course -- I'll turn a blind eye to any post wherein the CRAP is denigrated, cuz that's what's expected.

No worries.