Music

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker
Posts: 6821
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Music

Post by Walker » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:05 am

Angelic. But there was probably better before Edison ...

When live voice was the only voice, when diamonds were cut for candle light.

Dubious
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Music

Post by Dubious » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:01 am

Walker wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:05 am
Angelic. But there was probably better before Edison ...
Got news for you buddy but they don't count. Any idea why? Could it be because they're beyond our hearing range :idea:

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8131
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Music

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:28 am

Walker wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:42 am
Dubious wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:36 am
No denying he has an excellent voice. I'm just saying there were better ones.
It's like the climate. Some like it hot, some like it cold, nostalgia likes it old.

Some like it syrupy (not meaning you.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJjVlEG8WHM
I never understood her appeal. Awful voice, songs are drivel.....Must be an 'American thing'-- like Frank Sinatra and 'Lucy'...

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8131
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Music

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 am

Dubious wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:22 am
Was never particularly fond of Pavarotti's voice.
Same here. I always felt that there was something lacking, even though his voice was probably technically perfect at its peak.

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8131
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Music

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:08 am

From the excellent Netflix series 'Mindhunter'.

Brian Ferry and Roxy Music:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUAHvcdGGTI

Dubious
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Music

Post by Dubious » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:12 am

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 am
Dubious wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:22 am
Was never particularly fond of Pavarotti's voice.
Same here. I always felt that there was something lacking, even though his voice was probably technically perfect at its peak.
Something lacking, that's was always my impression too. Bluntly stated what's missing (as I hear it) when compared with other great tenors, is virility, testosterone, in short.

Compare other singers of bygone years who have exactly what I find is partly missing in Pavarotti...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU9qAGlOTmk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRv9tyz1XVc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmmf2aYvOUo

gaffo
Posts: 2330
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Music

Post by gaffo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:04 pm

Walker wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 am
gaffo wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:36 am
she is not worth your time. her character is toxic, unlike yours and mine.

hope you are well Sir.
If this is the assessment, then is your own character the antidote or the catalyst?

Have you ever read Castaneda?
????? no, and no Sir.



no nothing about . but welcome more about.

i do like like you and do not veg - though per politics she and i are same, pure goodwill and good nature i thing you and i are similar and veg-bitch is the one out.

welcome being "schooled" about the matter. i value learning.


if you allow removal of blinders you may find "libs" have minds like mine and even a common brotherbood.

or you and can remain to have the blinders and equate liberals to Belial.


up to you Sir.

Walker
Posts: 6821
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Music

Post by Walker » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:32 pm

gaffo wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:04 pm
Walker wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 am
gaffo wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:36 am
she is not worth your time. her character is toxic, unlike yours and mine.

hope you are well Sir.
If this is the assessment, then is your own character the antidote or the catalyst?

Have you ever read Castaneda?
????? no, and no Sir.
Doesn't the bad need your good character more than the good?

User avatar
vegetariantaxidermy
Posts: 8131
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:45 am
Location: Narniabiznus

Re: Music

Post by vegetariantaxidermy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:27 am

Who said men aren't romantic? All the greatest love songs and poems have been written by men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RrRajjlo6M

ps Johnny Cash did NOT write this. TIM HARDIN did!

gaffo
Posts: 2330
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Music

Post by gaffo » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:11 pm

Walker wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:32 pm
gaffo wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:04 pm
Walker wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 am

If this is the assessment, then is your own character the antidote or the catalyst?

Have you ever read Castaneda?
????? no, and no Sir.
Doesn't the bad need your good character more than the good?
???not sure about my character.

welcome clarification on.

Walker
Posts: 6821
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Music

Post by Walker » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:39 am

Dubious wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:01 am
Walker wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:05 am
Angelic. But there was probably better before Edison ...
Got news for you buddy but they don't count. Any idea why? Could it be because they're beyond our hearing range :idea:
Because of your shallow understanding regarding the nature of live, unrecorded performance, and your conditioning to electronics.

Walker
Posts: 6821
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Music

Post by Walker » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:41 am

gaffo wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:11 pm
Walker wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:32 pm
gaffo wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:04 pm


????? no, and no Sir.
Doesn't the bad need your good character more than the good?
???not sure about my character.

welcome clarification on.
All I know is your declaration of superiority to VT, a few postings back.

Walker
Posts: 6821
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Music

Post by Walker » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:16 am


Dubious
Posts: 2209
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 7:40 am

Re: Music

Post by Dubious » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:54 am

Walker wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:39 am
Dubious wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:01 am
Walker wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:05 am
Angelic. But there was probably better before Edison ...
Got news for you buddy but they don't count. Any idea why? Could it be because they're beyond our hearing range :idea:
Because of your shallow understanding regarding the nature of live, unrecorded performance, and your conditioning to electronics.
Sorry about my "shallow understanding"! It took me forever to figure this out but then of a sudden it occurred to me that before Edison no one was commercially recorded and also not likely that anyone contemporary - meaning here and now or even before here and now - would have heard these old-timers live. In short, beyond our hearing range. Nothing to do with my conditioning to electronics which, by now, we're all conditioned to including you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b6F9yiYrV8
Last edited by Dubious on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Walker
Posts: 6821
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:00 am

Re: Music

Post by Walker » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:57 am

Yeah, I know what you were saying, Friendo.

Audioslave
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5vzYc8ana8w

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests