Consciousness and Duality.

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Post Reply
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 6894
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Consciousness and Duality.

Post by Dontaskme » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:02 pm

Light doesn't need to shine on itself.



.

User avatar
waechter418
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:19 am
Location: Costa Rica
Contact:

Re: Consciousness and Duality.

Post by waechter418 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:23 pm

Long seeking it through others,
I was far from reaching it.
Now I go by myself;
I meet it everywhere.
It is just I myself,
And I am not itself.
Understanding this way,
I can be as I am.

(Tung-shan Ling-chia)

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 6894
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: Consciousness and Duality.

Post by Dontaskme » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:27 pm

waechter418 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:23 pm
Long seeking it through others,
I was far from reaching it.
Now I go by myself;
I meet it everywhere.
It is just I myself,
And I am not itself.
Understanding this way,
I can be as I am.

(Tung-shan Ling-chia)
I was only just reading that same verse today on the internet. . wowsers!! :o :D

Davyboi
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Consciousness and Duality.

Post by Davyboi » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:31 pm

To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a flower
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And see eternity in an hour

That quote pretty much sums it up for me.

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 6894
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: Consciousness and Duality.

Post by Dontaskme » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:38 pm

Davyboi wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:31 pm
To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a flower
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And see eternity in an hour

That quote pretty much sums it up for me.
CuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuTE!!

.

Davyboi
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Consciousness and Duality.

Post by Davyboi » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:38 pm
Davyboi wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:31 pm
To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a flower
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And see eternity in an hour

That quote pretty much sums it up for me.
CuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuTE!!

.
Yes it is cute, but if someone offered you that, you would take it?

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 6894
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: Consciousness and Duality.

Post by Dontaskme » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:09 pm

Davyboi wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:38 pm
Davyboi wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:31 pm
To see the world in a grain of sand and heaven in a flower
To hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And see eternity in an hour

That quote pretty much sums it up for me.
CuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuTE!!

.
Yes it is cute, but if someone offered you that, you would take it?
Sure I would, I mean it'd defo save on a lot of time knowing in one hour what some people take forever to know.

How effortless would that be, so yeah, I'm a taker. :D

.

Davyboi
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Consciousness and Duality.

Post by Davyboi » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:17 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:09 pm
Davyboi wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:38 pm


CuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuTE!!

.
Yes it is cute, but if someone offered you that, you would take it?
Sure I would, I mean it'd defo save on a lot of time knowing in one hour what some people take forever to know.

How effortless would that be, so yeah, I'm a taker. :D

.
You and me both! Lol.
Was just thinking I wonder if we will ever understand the great scheme of things?

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 6894
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: Consciousness and Duality.

Post by Dontaskme » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:24 pm

Davyboi wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:17 pm
Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:09 pm
Davyboi wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:40 pm


Sure I would, I mean it'd defo save on a lot of time knowing in one hour what some people take forever to know.

How effortless would that be, so yeah, I'm a taker. :D

.
You and me both! Lol.
Was just thinking I wonder if we will ever understand the great scheme of things?
Well if we can't understand the great scheme of things in an hour at least we've for the added bonus of having forever to figure it out :wink:

User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 6894
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm
Location: Nowhere

Re: Consciousness and Duality.

Post by Dontaskme » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:32 pm

An hour for some can feel like an eternity, and yet for others eternity can feel like an hour.

I think this is what William Blake touched upon in the opening of his poem, Auguries of ... In other words, it is a smaller reality that helps us grasp a larger reality.

Davyboi
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:56 pm

Re: Consciousness and Duality.

Post by Davyboi » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:38 pm

Dontaskme wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:32 pm
An hour for some can feel like an eternity, and yet for others eternity can feel like an hour.

I think this is what William Blake touched upon in the opening of his poem, Auguries of ... In other words, it is a smaller reality that helps us grasp a larger reality.
Exactly!
what is above, is the same as below..

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest