Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RCSaunders

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by RCSaunders »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 pm ... to deny gays that life long love is evil.
What is your problem? No one is denying anyone anything. I'm gay and happen to like lavender convertibles, and someone else thinks lavender convertibles are disgusting, does that make them homophobic?

Go read my post, I do not even hint at sexual preference. Only you did that. You make gays sound like paranoid children, all afraid of what someone else thinks, which is pretty damn insulting to gays, my friend, and not very well adjusted at all.
Greatest I am

Re: Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?

Post by Greatest I am »

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:51 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 pm ... to deny gays that life long love is evil.
What is your problem? No one is denying anyone anything..
Are you just blind or stupid.

Gays have been discriminated against for a long time and here you are stupidly saying they have not been denied anything.
Where do you live. Under a rock.

Regards
DL
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 pm Are you just blind or stupid.
Maybe both. You have something against blind people, or the mentally deficient?
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 pm Gays have been discriminated against for a long time ....
So has everyone else, no one more than the Roma before WWII. Short people are discriminated against, black people are discriminated against, Jews are discriminated against. So some people don't like us. It's not the end of the world.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 pm ... and here you are stupidly saying they have not been denied anything.
Name one thing that anybody wants to do they can't do today. In today's society, it is, "Anything Goes," by anyone with anyone anytime they choose.
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:02 pm Where do you live. Under a rock.
Actually you are the one that seems out of touch with today's world. Perhaps you personally are not able to do everything you would like and are blaming that on other's view of your sexual proclivities, when the real problem is actually just you, because today nobody cares what you do sexually. Stop worrying about what other people do or do not think and start living and enjoying your life as you choose.

Otherwise you'll just be a trouble-maker endangering the current freedom and opportunity gays and everyone else is enjoying.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:41 pm
So has everyone else, no one more than the Roma before WWII. Short people are discriminated against, black people are discriminated against, Jews are discriminated against. So some people don't like us. It's not the end of the world.
Religions, with their homophobic and misogynous teaching, the majority of the world, have institutionalized the denigration and discrimination against women and gays, not against those other groups you named.

Go away till you see the difference.

Regards
DL
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:02 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:21 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:53 pm Are members of the gay community better adjusted, in a moral sense; than homophobes?
DL
Homosexuals are a group of people. Some remain silent about their homosexuality, but they are generally ordinary except for their sexual preference, about which they hope to be open and honest, and nothing much else distinguishes them from the anyone else, except that traditionally they have been vilified and persecuted, whilst today they enjoy a situation more close to the rights we all deserve as humans. Despite this in many countries they are considered non persons, illegal, or thought of as evil.

Homophobes, as a group are characterised by a hateful prurience against a group of otherwise ordinary people about whom they feel fear, distrust, horror, or hatred, and about whom they are often quite ignorant.
I would suggest that ANY group of people that can be so characterised are by definition poorly adjusted mentally, as well as morally.
I like all till your last sentence.

You have included the whole world. We all carry labels. Even you.

Regards
DL
I disagree entirely.
I do not regard ANYONE, let alone any "groups" with " fear, distrust, horror, or hatred, and about whom they are often quite ignorant. "
Maybe you do?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:57 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:41 pm
Religions, with their homophobic and misogynous teaching, the majority of the world, have institutionalized the denigration and discrimination against women and gays, not against those other groups you named.

Go away till you see the difference.

Regards
DL
I'd say the same to you re your comment to me, maybe?
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Homosexuals are a group of people. Some remain silent about their homosexuality, but they are generally ordinary except for their sexual preference, about which they hope to be open and honest, and nothing much else distinguishes them from the anyone else, except that traditionally they have been vilified and persecuted, whilst today they enjoy a situation more close to the rights we all deserve as humans. Despite this in many countries they are considered non persons, illegal, or thought of as evil.

Homophobes, as a group are characterised by a hateful prurience against a group of otherwise ordinary people about whom they feel fear, distrust, horror, or hatred, and about whom they are often quite ignorant.
I would suggest that ANY group of people that can be so characterised are by definition poorly adjusted mentally, as well as morally.

Regards
DL
I disagree entirely.
I do not regard ANYONE, let alone any "groups" with " fear, distrust, horror, or hatred, and about whom they are often quite ignorant. "
I did not say you did.

I just said you have your own label, whatever it is.

Regards
DL
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:05 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 pm The morally-beyond-reproach thought police have arrived :roll:
Quite good that you recognize they are beyond your reproach. Get on board, lame brain?

If you can't beat the moral position, an intelligent person would adopt it.

Regards
DL
I wasn't referring to you BTW.
If I joined the PC thought police then I would have to greatly reduce my intelligence and replace it with hypocrisy. I'm not a sociopath so that wouldn't be possible in my case.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:16 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:12 am
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:08 pm

I will take that as a yes to the question.

Regards
DL
Is not how the body is used sexually, the defining characteristic of homosexuality?
In part, sure.

Both love and sex are factors and those that would deny gays love because of sex, when love is more important than sex, are morally inferior to those who put lover above sex.

Regards
DL
The dictionary doesn't define homosexuality in terms of morality.

It does define homosexuality in terms of physical sexual activity, which indicates a bodycentric identification.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Regards
DL
I disagree entirely.
Maybe you do?
I see 'dislike' isn't in there :lol:
Sir-Sister-of-Suck

Post by Sir-Sister-of-Suck »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:06 pmSo why do you think homophobes are discriminating against gays without a just cause?
Because their religion tells them to. In most cases, it's that simple.

Of the 3 most popular religions in the world, they all have tenets against homosexuality; I don't think it's some great mystery of the world why animosity towards gay people exists or where it primarily stems from.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:55 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:05 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:24 pm The morally-beyond-reproach thought police have arrived :roll:
Quite good that you recognize they are beyond your reproach. Get on board, lame brain?

If you can't beat the moral position, an intelligent person would adopt it.

Regards
DL
I wasn't referring to you BTW.
If I joined the PC thought police then I would have to greatly reduce my intelligence and replace it with hypocrisy. I'm not a sociopath so that wouldn't be possible in my case.
Thanks for this.

Regards
DL
vegetariantaxidermy

I will happily admit that I loathe PCturds--and they are also greatly to be feared, in the same way that you would rightly fear any group that wants to destroy free speech, knows the power of manipulating young minds, sees itself as the moral standard-bearer for humankind, and is comprised entirely of self-righteous hypocrites. Hmmm. I could be talking about any number of groups or movements, and all of them thoroughly unpleasant.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Walker wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:59 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:16 pm
Walker wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:12 am
Is not how the body is used sexually, the defining characteristic of homosexuality?
In part, sure.

Both love and sex are factors and those that would deny gays love because of sex, when love is more important than sex, are morally inferior to those who put lover above sex.

Regards
DL
The dictionary doesn't define homosexuality in terms of morality.

It does define homosexuality in terms of physical sexual activity, which indicates a bodycentric identification.
Just as heterosexual does.

I set the reasons for why homophobes are immoral and inferior to gays.

Dictionaries define words. The do not make moral judgements. People do.

Work with what is given or not.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Sir-Sister-of-Suck wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:00 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:06 pmSo why do you think homophobes are discriminating against gays without a just cause?
Because their religion tells them to. In most cases, it's that simple.

Of the 3 most popular religions in the world, they all have tenets against homosexuality; I don't think it's some great mystery of the world why animosity towards gay people exists or where it primarily stems from.
You just told us where it primarily comes from. Religions.

Are you in agreement with them and their reasons for their hate and join them in their animosity towards gay people?

Regards
DL