Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

Post by Greatest I am »

Nature gives us life and spirit. Our spirit gives us god. A god within each of us is very ancient thinking.
We cannot define our gods exactly. We can only use analogies.
I think that supernatural gods do not need anything from us. They do not need toys.
If we are to serve any god, it should be one that gives life and that is Earth.
Earth cannot speak. Only life in the form of a man can.
In the natural world, all life worships its own natural likeness. All except man.
Why are we fighting nature, and idol worshiping imaginary gods, as we destroy our eco system?
Regards
DL
RCSaunders

Re: Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

Post by RCSaunders »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pm ... our present animal extinction event?
What extinction event? Even if there were such a thing, it would not matter.

Re: Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?

Post by Age »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pm Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?
A truthful and realistic view of God would be more beneficial for every thing.
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pmNature gives us life and spirit. Our spirit gives us god. A god within each of us is very ancient thinking.
But 'we' can define 'God' exactly. In fact it is a very easy and simple thing to do. That is; once 'you' know what 'God' is exactly.
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pmI think that supernatural gods do not need anything from us. They do not need toys.
What do you mean by 'supernatural'?

Is there any actual thing above, beyond, apart from, or 'super' from natural?

If yes, then please list.
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pmIf we are to serve any god, it should be one that gives life and that is Earth.
In the natural world, all life worships its own natural likeness. All except man.
Does any thing, besides human beings, actually 'worship'?

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pmWhy are we fighting nature, and idol worshiping imaginary gods, as we destroy our eco system?
Regards
DL
Because 'you' (adults) are dishonest, were abused when children, and are now greedy.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pm Would a naturalistic view of god be beneficial during our present animal extinction event?
Nature gives us life and spirit. Our spirit gives us god. A god within each of us is very ancient thinking.
I think that supernatural gods do not need anything from us. They do not need toys.

yes we had a naturalistic view of the Gods from 2 million yrs ago to 10,000 yrs ago. and it worked well.

its too late now - 10,000 yrs to late.

we cannot go back to that form of Religion (animism) (unless there is are a few ww3's and ww4's - them maybe possible).
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pm In the natural world, all life worships its own natural likeness. All except man.
yes.
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pm Why are we fighting nature, and idol worshiping imaginary gods, as we destroy our eco system?
Regards
DL
because we violated nature when we invented agriculture 10 thousand years ago, and we only have excellerated our separation from nature exponentially since that time.

Nature will eventually remove us from Earth when we get too far from nature's rule.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:35 am
A truthful and realistic view of God would be more beneficial for every thing.
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pmNature gives us life and spirit. Our spirit gives us god. A god within each of us is very ancient thinking.
But 'we' can define 'God' exactly. In fact it is a very easy and simple thing to do. That is; once 'you' know what 'God' is exactly.
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pmI think that supernatural gods do not need anything from us. They do not need toys.
What do you mean by 'supernatural'?

Is there any actual thing above, beyond, apart from, or 'super' from natural?

If yes, then please list.
Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pmIf we are to serve any god, it should be one that gives life and that is Earth.
Does any thing, besides human beings, actually 'worship'?

Greatest I am wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pmWhy are we fighting nature, and idol worshiping imaginary gods, as we destroy our eco system?
Regards
DL
Because 'you' (adults) are dishonest, were abused when children, and are now greedy.
I definitely agree that a realistic view of god would benefit everything.

More are recognizing that, even atheists, who are opening mystery schools that will bring us all back to a better way to argue and seek god. Much better than the present brain dead idol worship that Christians, Muslims and other religions do.

True that god can be defined exactly, should we collectively choose to do so. We do not have any good metaphor to rally round and remain divided instead.

I do not define supernatural differently than what the dictionaries show. I highlight imaginary and fiction.

"Is there any actual thing above, beyond, apart from, or 'super' from natural?"

That is subjective. Many say that telepathy is supernatural. I disagree and see it as nature based on the fact that it is generated in us, who are a part of nature.

Is there a miracle working supernatural entity?

I don't know, but if there is one, I would destroy it.

All wise people would do the same.

Gnostic themes, if the supernatural were real, posit gods over gods over gods as no god could be sure that some other god was above him. That is why we disrespect all gods and are perpetual seekers of the best rules and laws to live by.

You asked if other things worship. Yes. All life that tries to mimic it's kind.

An ants ideal/god is an ant.
A lions ideal/god is a lion.
A humans ideal/god is a human.

Regards
DL
Ramu

Post by Ramu »

Why are we fighting nature, and idol worshiping imaginary gods, as we destroy our eco system?
Regards
DL
You ARE God in physical form thinking it's human. God is not something "out there" floating around separate from us.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Ramu wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:22 pm
Regards
DL
You ARE God in physical form thinking it's human. God is not something "out there" floating around separate from us.
I am a Gnostic Christian and that is a part of our ideology.

If you do not see god in all, you will never find god at all, --- is how I sometimes put it.

Are you a Gnostic?

Regards
DL
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the gospel of toothpick?

-Imp
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Impenitent wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:59 pm the gospel of toothpick?

-Imp
How impernitent of you.

Regards
DL
Ramu

Post by Ramu »

Greatest I am wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:36 pm
Regards
DL

If you do not see god in all, you will never find god at all, --- is how I sometimes put it.

Are you a Gnostic?

Regards
DL
No, I'm a fully awakened non-dualist. Consciousness (God), is the only thing in existence...based on personal first person experience...its not based on any kind of religious belief.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Specify please.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Ramu wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:44 am

Are you a Gnostic?

Regards
DL
No, I'm a fully awakened non-dualist. Consciousness (God), is the only thing in existence...based on personal first person experience...its not based on any kind of religious belief.
Non dualist? Is there no Yin to go with your Yang?

Pick an issue and show us how a non dualist thinks please. Something simple like hot or evil.

It happens that I too have had a telepathic encounter with what I think you are calling god's consciousness.
Tell us of yours and what the great teacher taught you.

I learned that I am one of many distinct consciousness' within a cosmic one so one cannot really say that god is all as he is not alone, in terms of independent sentience.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:32 am
Specify please.
If you are not aware of what environmentalists and those who know of our eco system say about this major extinction event, google can help you more than I.

I could do the work for you, but too often, I have done so just to have the other dislike my source and ignore the material.

Regards
DL
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Specify please.
[/quote]"naturalistic view" seems very subjective and confusing since it has too wide an interpretation.
Ramu

Post by Ramu »

Greatest I am wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:51 pm
Ramu wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:44 am

Are you a Gnostic?

Regards
DL
Non dualist? Is there no Yin to go with your Yang?

Pick an issue and show us how a non dualist thinks please. Something simple like hot or evil.

It happens that I too have had a telepathic encounter with what I think you are calling god's consciousness.
Tell us of yours and what the great teacher taught you.

I learned that I am one of many distinct consciousness' within a cosmic one so one cannot really say that god is all as he is not alone, in terms of independent sentience.

Regards
DL
Yes there is a Yin to my Yan. First of all duality is a part of non duality....as in all things being One. There is only One Consciousness (God, Source, Brahman, Teotl (from the ancient Aztecs...they were non dualists). Your body is a projection literally coming out of nothing (No Thing). Your body, your thoughts about being DL and who DL is.....is all a mirage. There is no Ramu either. You are God in physical form. Prior to this you were formless. Form=Formless...two sides of the Same coin which is Consciousness..aka Source...aka ad naseum. Most people of the materialist mindset can't get this....because they are in paradigm lock (physicalism) and they are closed minded....and the worst part....is they think they are "separate" from the Universe...not knowing that they ARE the Universe.