Neoliberalism is good (or at least ok).

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: "Immigration has been a net gain to the economy."

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:39 pm There's the "freedom" of Atheism. The "freedom" to know nothing, to be nothing, to have no purpose, to go nowhere, to do anything to each other, and to have no moral recourse for the oppressed. It opens the world to raw power, and no more.
Only if you are too dull and stupid like you.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:02 pm But the word "atheist" is not an exhaustive description of me.
It's actually not descriptive of anybody. I've never met a consistent Atheist...one who lived out the rational consequences of his Atheism. Atheists always smuggle back in some additional ideology, to supply what Atheism removed...meaning, morality, purpose, hope...and so on.
It's only nihilist if you are scared of not having a god.
Nietzsche didn't think that was true.

It wasn't the fear that produced Nihilism. (In fact, his "villagers" have no fear at all: only the "madman" realizes what's at stake, and they're oblivious.) It was the lack of reference points. He wrote:

"But how did we do this? How could we drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the entire horizon? What were we doing when we unchained this earth from its sun? Whither is it moving now? Whither are we moving? Away from all suns? Are we not plunging continually? Backward, sideward, forward, in all directions? Is there still any up or down? Are we not straying, as through an infinite nothing? Do we not feel the breath of empty space? Has it not become colder? Is not night continually closing in on us? Do we not need to light lanterns in the morning?"

He saw it. The death of God turns day into night. It makes the world "colder." It leaves us asking, "Whither are we moving?" with no possibility of answer. It's a "plunging continually," a "straying, as through an infinite nothing."

That's Nihilism. That's Atheism.
Last edited by Immanuel Can on Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:03 pm Only if you are too dull and stupid like you.
Not a nice thing to say about Nietzsche. But he's dead, so I guess he won't complain.
FlashDangerpants

Re: Neoliberalism is good (or at least ok).

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Fuck's sake. I only started this topic because I was bored of everything here being about abortion or Mannie's boring fucking obsession with his fucking religion.
uwot

Post by uwot »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:10 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:02 pm But the word "atheist" is not an exhaustive description of me.
It's actually not descriptive of anybody. I've never met a consistent Atheist...one who lived out the rational consequences of his Atheism.
Nor are you likely to, Mr Can. You really must learn to distinguish between your chimerical proper noun "Atheist" which is about a real as Bigfoot, and actual atheists.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:12 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:03 pm Only if you are too dull and stupid like you.
Not a nice thing to say about Nietzsche. But he's dead, so I guess he won't complain.
You clearly have not the fist fucking idea about Nietzsche either.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Immanuel Can wrote:... I've never met a consistent Atheist...one who lived out the rational consequences of his Atheism. ...
Which, from your theistic view, would be?
Last edited by Arising_uk on Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:40 pm Fuck's sake. I only started this topic because I was bored of everything here being about abortion or Mannie's boring fucking obsession with his fucking religion.
And I for one truly appreciated the attempt. So much so that you've sold me on the idea of neo classical neo liberalism. As such I wonder if we could start a thread on how to punt it as a political party? Could you start a thread on a political manifesto of such a party for the UK please, you know cover the bases, policies on education, the health service, the economy, defense, etc.
FlashDangerpants

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:47 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:40 pm Fuck's sake. I only started this topic because I was bored of everything here being about abortion or Mannie's boring fucking obsession with his fucking religion.
And I for one truly appreciated the attempt. So much so that you've sold me on the idea of neo classical neo liberalism. As such I wonder if we could start a thread on how to punt it as a political party? Could you start a thread on a political manifesto of such a party for the UK please, you know cover the bases, policies on education, the health service, the economy, defense, etc.
Oooooh, can I call it the UK Energy Party?! Will that summon the wrath of BobTheBaptist?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:33 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:38 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:51 pm
What fucking planet do you come from?
True to form :lol: Which rock have YOU been living under? You obviously don't live in the real world. Too little oxygen up in that ivory tower :roll:
No I mean literally where are you from?
Not an ivory tower, surrounded by out-of-touch, virtue-signalling 'academics' with Asperger's, which is where you appear to reside.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:13 am
Arising_uk wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:47 am
Oooooh, can I call it the UK Energy Party?! Will that summon the wrath of BobTheBaptist?
Well I think we ought to wait for the focus group reports not least because I want to call it the Citizens Party. :)
But I am serious, would you be interested in attempting to knock-ut a rough draft manifesto for a party that wished to punt neo-classical-neo-liberalism as despite what the punsita and academics say about the current state of UK voters I think the centrist ground could still have it with the right message and policies.
Ps
Bob will not be welcome.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:27 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:33 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:38 pm

True to form :lol: Which rock have YOU been living under? You obviously don't live in the real world. Too little oxygen up in that ivory tower :roll:
No I mean literally where are you from?
Not an ivory tower, surrounded by out-of-touch, virtue-signalling 'academics' with Asperger's, which is where you appear to reside.
As far as I am concerned you are from f u c k o f f land.
FlashDangerpants

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:24 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:13 am
Arising_uk wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:47 am And I for one truly appreciated the attempt. So much so that you've sold me on the idea of neo classical neo liberalism. As such I wonder if we could start a thread on how to punt it as a political party? Could you start a thread on a political manifesto of such a party for the UK please, you know cover the bases, policies on education, the health service, the economy, defense, etc.
Well I think we ought to wait for the focus group reports not least because I want to call it the Citizens Party. :)
But I am serious, would you be interested in attempting to knock-ut a rough draft manifesto for a party that wished to punt neo-classical-neo-liberalism as despite what the punsita and academics say about the current state of UK voters I think the centrist ground could still have it with the right message and policies.
Ps
Bob will not be welcome.
Interesting. I think I could put together what is both a persuasive and sensible set of policies that many people would sort of agree with, and yet the most guaranteed way to lose every election ever, all in one! I can make minds snap shut faster than the knees of those ladies that Nick tells us he charms the panties off with his logic.

But let's do it, just to have something that isn't about 'Murica and abortion for a while.
uwot

Post by uwot »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:10 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:24 pm...would you be interested in attempting to knock-ut a rough draft manifesto for a party that wished to punt neo-classical-neo-liberalism as despite what the punsita and academics say about the current state of UK voters I think the centrist ground could still have it with the right message and policies.
Interesting....But let's do it, just to have something that isn't about 'Murica and abortion for a while.
Fuck it. I'm in. Can we start with what percentage of shares should be distributed among the people who actually do the work? Actually, first things first: what's a fucking "punsita"?
henry quirk

I wanna play too...

Post by henry quirk »

...so, let's start with the first line of your constitution (or the first plank of your party): The individual owns himself and has a right to his life, liberty, and property.

Second line of your constitution (or the second plank of your party): An individual's life, liberty, or property are only forfeit when he deprives another of his life, liberty, or property.

Seriously: unless you assert this stuff upfront as foundational to whatever else you wanna cram into your constitution (or party platform) then you're just washin' & movin' around the current batch of garbage.