Re: NEW "James" Bond to be Black Woman

Post by Impenitent »

Elmer's Glue holds better...

-Imp
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:17 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:43 pm There was a recent "adaptation" of The Iliad in TV, in which Achilleus was a black man. Each time he appeared on screen it threw up the same question. How come this Greek, kin to Odysseus and Agamemnon does not look like a Greek? The entire story simply lost credibility.
This is a thing the PC set just doesn't seem to understand at all: that fiction requires a "willing suspension of disbelief," to quote Aristotle. People are trying to believe your story, and will try as hard as they possibly can, just to get the effect of the imaginary world you're offering...but there are limits to what their will-power can possibly achieve. And if you exceed these limits...

...the story crashes.

This means that if something is too jarring, too out-of-place, too anomalous, no matter what it is, then it makes that "willing suspension" fail. It makes for a bad story. And then, it doesn't matter how 'woke' the message is; nobody's really interested anymore, because the vehicle that was supposed to carry the message is in the ditch with two wheels off.
For once I agree with you comment.

I once saw a production of Julius Caesar with an all black cast. This worked perfectly well, since it was internally coherent. Shakespeare of often played with costumes from a variety of time periods. So I simply saw this in a similar light. But were the only black person to have been, say Brutus, it would have appeared odd.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:18 pm For once I agree with you comment.

I once saw a production of Julius Caesar with an all black cast....
I get what they're trying to do...to use a popular myth to "sell" their social justice message. I have no doubt they feel righteous for doing so. But at some point, a reversal happens -- the manipulation becomes so obvious, that instead of selling the equality message, it reminds people that that particular message requires a stark departure from reality; and then the story is ruined, and nobody likes it. So how does that actually serve the message?

The same often happens with the stories in which a tiny little woman, perhaps 110 lbs, runs down a 250 lb. gangster, a young man in the prime of life (maybe even while she's wearing high heels), and then decks him with a single punch, and cuffs him. Does anybody believe that ever happens in real life, or that showing it happening in a movie is going to make it happen? More often, it just looks weak. What kind of arch-criminal can be so easily caught? Clearly, there was no real danger in that villain after all...

That suspension of disbelief is tested past the breaking point yet again.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:06 am
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:18 pm For once I agree with you comment.

I once saw a production of Julius Caesar with an all black cast....
I get what they're trying to do...to use a popular myth to "sell" their social justice message. I have no doubt they feel righteous for doing so. But at some point, a reversal happens -- the manipulation becomes so obvious, that instead of selling the equality message, it reminds people that that particular message requires a stark departure from reality; and then the story is ruined, and nobody likes it. So how does that actually serve the message?

The same often happens with the stories in which a tiny little woman, perhaps 110 lbs, runs down a 250 lb. gangster, a young man in the prime of life (maybe even while she's wearing high heels), and then decks him with a single punch, and cuffs him. Does anybody believe that ever happens in real life, or that showing it happening in a movie is going to make it happen? More often, it just looks weak. What kind of arch-criminal can be so easily caught? Clearly, there was no real danger in that villain after all...

That suspension of disbelief is tested past the breaking point yet again.
No
This case was an exception to the case. Since they were all good actors it worked as a performance, being set in a modern African state. I've seen Macbeth performed as an Eastern European state - that worked too.

I think the trouble with the all black case, is that they themselves were forced to instigate a colour bar. A bar against no blacks, even Asian blacks.
In attempting to adjust inequality they play the same game as the oppressors.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:30 am In attempting to adjust inequality they play the same game as the oppressors.
...and nobody ever seems to say when reverse-discrimination will be "enough."

When will, for example, the historical exclusion of persons of colour be atoned for by enough abusing of the distant ancestors of the people who actually did it, and the associated abusing of people whose ancestors never did it at all, but who happen to look somewhat like the people who did?

The "oppressors," when such there were, are long ago dead. When will the alleged scales of fairness be balanced?

No time soon, it would seem. Special pleading recognizes no termination of lease.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:16 pm Then it's not James Bond. James Bond is a fictional character created by Ian Fleming. Ian Fleming made him a man so he's a man.
The PC fuckturd who came up with this idea can go fuck zirself.
Oh please, Fleming's Bond has been long gone.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:13 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:16 pm Then it's not James Bond. James Bond is a fictional character created by Ian Fleming. Ian Fleming made him a man so he's a man.
Idiot.
-1-

Post by -1- »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:41 am
Arising_uk wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:13 am
Idiot.
Maybe I know what Arising meant. James Bond movies retained the name, the length and the budget of the original movies, but it has developed into a chick flick. He has become a dickless guy due to some weird torture ritual. He is so damaged he can't butter a slice of bread, but he can bore a thousand viewers into sleep in the audience just by acting.

The past few latest Bond movies were a disgrace to all testosterone-driven movie ideals.
-1-

Post by -1- »

sorry double post
Last edited by -1- on Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-1-

Post by -1- »

I actually like this idea. Why? Because it's the 21st Century.

A black woman can kick ass! Give her a magnum, or a colt, or repeating automatic assault rifle, and she can cause as much havoc as anyone else.

Plus the early Bond movies did not specialize in touchy-feely stuff; they specialized in a shrewd, but muscular, calculating but risk-taking, warrior of the sly spy pie. Brains!! That's what the old skool Bond guy had. And chicks.

This black woman may be a lesbian, and make every white woman who comes her way her lover. Not a bad idea.

And of course Miss Moneypenny will be played by a gorgeous, tall, broad-shouldered guy, stuck behind a computer desk, playing games and texting all day on his iPhone, developing conniving ways to bed the new super spy.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Sorry. Double post.
Last edited by -1- on Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-1-

Post by -1- »

sorry, double post. I kept clicking on the "quote" command button instead on the "edit" command button. I'm sleep deprived, please forgive me.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

-1- wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:35 pm sorry, double post. I kept clicking on the "quote" command button instead on the "edit" command button. I'm sleep deprived, please forgive me.
What happened to James Bond's dick?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

The only way I'd see this movie is if the ending offers a clear artistic statement on social progress. Our heroine would finally be compelled to wear her magical bikini and challenge her transexual villainous opponent to a no holds barred mud wrestling match to be held in a large tub filled with mud specially made so as not to appear brown and invite chants of racism. Our heroine will finally emerge holding a torn bikini bottom above her head as a sign of victory and social progress in the cause of peace through PC thinking.

The final fight scene will be a classic and make the movie well worth seeing.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Nick_A wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:22 pm The only way I'd see this movie is if the ending offers a clear artistic statement on social progress.
Ah.

Well, it might go this way.

A differently-abled, visible minority, aboriginal, transgender entity declines to perpetrate any violence on an oppressed minority hitherto arbitrarily classified by society as "villains" (who are really the victims of social conditions). Instead, zee goes to Portland in a pink hat, to campaign for carbon reduction and vegetarian polar bears to be universally provided by a global government. But then zee becomes anxious and spends the remaining two hours of the movie in a safe space, with a colouring book and a stuffed animal. The end.

Now, that's how a really 'woke' Bond should roll...