Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Walker

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:11 am
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:00 pm
Walker wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:15 pm
Rather than reply with a “huh?” this question has been studied for possible meanings. Since your refusal to answer IC’s rather simple, direct, and honest questions have established a sliming precedence with approval, I too shall forego the answering of questions but without impotent bleating.

You misquoted, which means you’re either careless with your thoughts or devious, however a natural attraction to intellectually frustrated thread saboteurs would indicate the former is required for the latter.

Life is the purpose of existence, as originally stated, then subsequently misquoted.

The proof that the purpose of existence is life is the existence of life, which can only be proven to life by life. Death is the proof that death exists, however what dies? Life cannot die, that’s an oxymoron. The body dies, which raises the existential question answered by Sri Ramana Maharshi, are you exclusively this body that eventually dies?

Implication? Rocks and stars and such which are not alive, but also as much a part of the universe as humankind, have existence, have no life, and therefore have no inherent purpose although a human has the capacity to infer causation that feeds the inherent compulsion to make everything fit.

This is why an existing foetus certainly has an inherent purpose, the inherency made more obvious since the lil’ fetus person can’t yet delusionally report the news. That inherent purpose is to fulfill its stage of human development (life), which requires no thought, and naturally leads to the next stage of human development, and so on.

Where is your proof that life has a purpose what what is it?
Ipso facto.
Unsubstantiated assertions, and no understanding of the magnitude of the question.
You've not even begun to ask yourself whether or not the question has any basis.
Poor show.
Lacewing

Re: Does a pregnant woman carry a human being/person or just 'life'/meat?

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:28 am When you write about the divine, are you writing about God?
No. I do not think it is necessary to put that kind of human concept/identification on anything that naturally courses through or envelops all. I do not think there is some master being making decisions. But I do think that the vast creative expressions that are being explored and experienced on so many levels are sacred and divine (for lack of better words) when compared to the controlling limitations of human thinking. We are part of creative expression...NOT the Stars of it.

To step outside of an identity, and feel a oneness is to feel that there is no "other" (else it wouldn't be oneness). Neither human nor god identities. Humans place identities on things, and then create hierarchies for all of those identities. How does that apply to oneness?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Divine references God.

Your opinion that it does not is wrong.

Perhaps you need to use another word than divine.

:)
Walker

Post by Walker »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:38 am
Walker wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:11 am
Sculptor wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:00 pm

Where is your proof that life has a purpose what what is it?
Ipso facto.
Unsubstantiated assertions, and no understanding of the magnitude of the question.
You've not even begun to ask yourself whether or not the question has any basis.
Poor show.
You have yet to offer reasoning to support any opinion presented to me or anyone. You should know that among thoughtful folks, which is where you are here with a few exceptions, this paints a picture of a common-as-dirt bigot.

Why you insist on polishing that apple is both a curiosity and a testimony to immaturity of thought, however it does keep you punching lightweight, Punchy.

No in all its variations is rudimentary and will likely continue to be treated with a patronizing attitude of tolerance by serious, thoughtful folks who have an interest in ideas including philosophy, and this is because ignorance in action, in all its variations, can be a wonder to behold.

Good luck in your future first explorations past no, where philosophy begins.

:)

Logically, abortion is the biggest No that is.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:46 am
Logically, abortion is the biggest No that is.
Clearly you are not versed in logic either.

In the most Catholic country in Europe the people voted 66% in favour of making abortion legal

I think it is you that is the bigot that would make a girl carry the brat of her abuser or rapist.
henry quirk

Sculptor

Post by henry quirk »

"In the most Catholic country in Europe the people voted 66% in favour of making abortion legal"

If what a pregnant woman carries is just meat, then: good on them.

But: if what she carries is a person: then the whole lot of 'em are wrong.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Walker wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:45 am Divine references God.

Your opinion that it does not is wrong.

Perhaps you need to use another word than divine.
Okay, I'll rush right out and look for an exact, precise word that rigid, small-minded people like you can latch onto happily. :) Because it's clear that you are incapable of seeing a broader view when you obsess over such small things and make them obstacles. Actually, I think you're rather intent on doing that no matter what... so I'll leave you to it, and I don't need to make any further effort.

I know so many people who can communicate so easily and broadly in the spirit of the overall communication, without obsessing over words. You might really benefit from expanding your mind a bit.
Lacewing

Re: Henry's meat brain

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:11 pm "In the most Catholic country in Europe the people voted 66% in favour of making abortion legal"

If what a pregnant woman carries is just meat, then: good on them.

But: if what she carries is a person: then the whole lot of 'em are wrong.
We know your opinion on this as you've expressed it a hundred fucking times.

People naturally have a wide range of perspectives, Henry. You are obsessed with yours. Are you this obsessed about everything with yourself? You don't know everything, and you don't write the cosmic laws of the Universe for everyone, so get over your thoughts. You're just spewing from one small caveman meat-brain. It is alive... or just meat? Can't tell! :lol:
henry quirk

Lace

Post by henry quirk »

"We know your opinion on this, as you've expressed it a hundred fucking times."

And I'll express it a hundred, a thousand, times more if the mood strikes me.

If this thread offends thee, pluck out thy eye...or just bugger off.
Lacewing

Re: Lace

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:17 pm "We know your opinion on this, as you've expressed it a hundred fucking times."

And I'll express it a hundred, a thousand, times more if the mood strikes me.

If this thread offends thee, pluck out thy eye...or just bugger off.
I'm not offended. I'm pointing out that your perspective is but one of countless, yet you act as if you must continually proclaim the ultimate truth for all beings. You don't know! There are MANY WAYS of seeing EVERYTHING! Doesn't that inspire you to consider broader potential at all, or are you too comfortably "knowing" of the walls in your cave? :)
henry quirk

Lace

Post by henry quirk »

"I'm pointing out that your perspective is but one of countless"

Yeah, I know.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:10 pm "I'm pointing out that your perspective is but one of countless"

Yeah, I know.
How could there be ONE VIEW/ANSWER for everyone? Who are you to tell other people what the view/answer should be for them? You have no clue HOW MANY WAYS there are of seeing and understanding life! Assigning labels to people and then defining them extensively based on that is such a lazy and small-minded approach. You're really smarter than that, aren't you?
henry quirk

Lace

Post by henry quirk »

Interesting (to me) how other folks in-thread, folks just as adamant as me, but on the opposite side, get no lecture from you.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:14 am Interesting (to me) how other folks in-thread, folks just as adamant as me, but on the opposite side, get no lecture from you.
They typically don't comment and misrepresent as much about me or my statements as you do.
henry quirk

Lace

Post by henry quirk »

I think you're overstating it a bit, but, if you think I'm pickin' on you too much, I'll correct that: I'll never comment on you or posts again.

In fact: I'll do you the favor of formally placing you on my ignore list (quite an honor for you cuz you'll be the only one on it...congrats!).