You cannot stop thinking

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

Re: You cannot stop thinking

Post by roydop »

roydop wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:27 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:22 pm
roydop wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:10 pm

I find it funny when, during a conversation, a non dualist begins negating the meaning/purpose of the words being used, while using words.

Yes, words are incorrect/incomplete, but are necessary (in 99.999% of cases) for Enlightenment.
Show me a man who has finished with words so that I may have a word with him...it’s hilarious yes, LOL

Enlightenment has nothing to do with words.

The concept of self is a fiction...while the real you is enlightenment.

“The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflection; The water has no mind to retain their image.“
Words led me to Self, as I'm sure they led you.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

You’re watching a log burning in a fireplace. You feel warm and cozy as you stare into the flames.

You could be asking yourself how a person discovered fire. You could be thinking about humans emerging from Plato’s cave. You could be thinking of the combustible properties of trees. You could be admiring the aesthetics of the colors and movements of the flames.

Or you could be staring blankly toward the fire, mesmerized so to speak and not thinking of anything, not thinking at all.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:28 pm
roydop wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:27 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:22 pm

Show me a man who has finished with words so that I may have a word with him...it’s hilarious yes, LOL

Enlightenment has nothing to do with words.

The concept of self is a fiction...while the real you is enlightenment.

“The wild geese do not intend to cast their reflection; The water has no mind to retain their image.“
Words led me to Self, as I'm sure they led you.
There is no self except in this conception.

You have no knowledge of your existence..knowledge informs the illusory nature of you...your only existence is a concept.

Enlightenment means nothing is born and nothing dies.

There is no self because there is no other than self.

Authors are many but there is only one reader aware of the words no one ever writ.

henry quirk

"That would be Maya you have to thank."

Post by henry quirk »

Nope.

Crom.
roydop

Post by roydop »

commonsense wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:28 pm You’re watching a log burning in a fireplace. You feel warm and cozy as you stare into the flames.

You could be asking yourself how a person discovered fire. You could be thinking about humans emerging from Plato’s cave. You could be thinking of the combustible properties of trees. You could be admiring the aesthetics of the colors and movements of the flames.

Or you could be staring blankly toward the fire, mesmerized so to speak and not thinking of anything, not thinking at all.
There's a third option.

You could have Awareness turned inward onto Self and not focused on anything mental or physical.

Bliss
roydop

Post by roydop »

Ah yes, you used the word "toward" the fire, not "at" the fire.

Bliss