How can we defeat "us vs. them" mentality?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

-1-

Re: How can we defeat "us vs. them" mentality?

Post by -1- »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:20 am
-1- wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:06 am
The better question is why people have the need to create us-and-them scenarios. I firmly believe this happens for basically one reason: for securing needed but scanty resources.

The us-and-them mentality has also encroached ideological differences, which have little or nothing to do with resource allocation, but it happens because for each strife, war, fight, an ideological carrier is needed to psychologically prepare the warriors for fight; ideology has become such integrally needed part of strife, that it took a life of its very own.
exactly!

pure wisdom sir!

you are wise for sure!

i bow to you.

...........lead me................;-/.

um no.............

but ya, you are wise.
Thanks, Gaffo, I appreciate the kow-tow, but I don't deserve it, I am afraid.

I learned this pearl of wisdom from Karl Marx.

Post by Age »

gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:45 am
Age wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:29 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:58 pm
That's right. And no, "we," or, "us," either.
If there is no "us", then what is there (or here)?
YOU - of course.
Are YOU one of 'us'?

Post by Age »

Nick_A wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:17 pm Age
What is the difference between 'you' and 'animal Man'?
I am animal Man. Through knowing it I have certain advantages . I am aware that I am dual natured and how much of me is reactive animal. At the same time I have moments of self awareness and flashes of consciousness giving me an indication of the conscious potential for humanity in the context of the reality of the fallen human condition.
All sounds rather complex and somewhat confusing. Are you able to simplify this at all?
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:49 pm
Belinda wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:43 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:00 pm Trying to defeat an us verses them mentality is self contradictory since you have to set your store with the "us " that believes that an "Us vs Them Mentality", and against the people the 'them' that think a "Us vs Them Mentality" is a perfectly good way to go about things.

:)
But the most morally developed individuals have passed through the tribal stage and arrived at the universal .
I'll take that as a compliment.
I do not think there are many such people.
There is no race but the human race and no culture but human culture.

For Example:
"The USA is still the greatest country in the world.
Post by Philosophy Explorer » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:40 am

All civilized people know this. That's why so many people try to get into this country. We don't have PMs that suck and many countries count on the US for support. That's why good ole Winnie begged the US for its support in WW2 when Neville Chamberlain literally helped to start WW2 by giving away Czechoslovakia to the Nazis. That was smart of England.

PhilX"
Sorry, but I see little resemblance between the Irish and the English, or the English and Pakistanis, or even the English and the French. You might hanker after a beige, homogenous world where everyone is 'just human' (whatever THAT would look like--perhaps an American sit-com?) but I certainly don't. All you 'open-borderers' are doing is pandering to Big Business interests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agpRW53q5jg
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:02 am
Belinda wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:43 pm
But the most morally developed individuals have passed through the tribal stage and arrived at the universal .

For Example:

All civilized people know this. That's why so many people try to get into this country. We don't have PMs that suck and many countries count on the US for support. That's why good ole Winnie begged the US for its support in WW2 when Neville Chamberlain literally helped to start WW2 by giving away Czechoslovakia to the Nazis. That was smart of England.

PhilX"
Sorry, but I see little resemblance between the Irish and the English, or the English and Pakistanis, or even the English and the French. You might hanker after a beige, homogenous world where everyone is 'just human' (whatever THAT would look like--perhaps an American sit-com?) but I certainly don't. All you 'open-borderers' are doing is pandering to Big Business interests.

Interesting.
I did not know you were a fascist
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:02 pm

For Example:

PhilX"

Interesting.
Intelligent counterargument, straight from the PCturd handbook of 'How to silence opposition'. Fortunately I couldn't give a flying fuck what the PC 'think'. I'm not an anything 'ist', I prefer reality.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:04 pm

Interesting.
Intelligent counterargument, straight from the PCturd handbook of 'How to silence opposition'. Fortunately I couldn't give a flying fuck what the PC 'think'. I'm not an anything 'ist', I prefer reality.
Your view point is fascist. Live with it!
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:20 pm
Interesting.
As a matter of fact yours is. The problem with labels is that they lock people into a particular ideology rather than using logic and reason (reality) to think for themselves. It's a lazy cop-out.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:42 pm

As a matter of fact yours is. The problem with labels is that they lock people into a particular ideology rather than using logic and reason (reality) to think for themselves. It's a lazy cop-out.
You've backed yourself inside your own set of lables!!
Keep the immigrants out!
Zeig Heil!
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

-1- wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:14 am
gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:20 am
-1- wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:06 am
The better question is why people have the need to create us-and-them scenarios. I firmly believe this happens for basically one reason: for securing needed but scanty resources.

The us-and-them mentality has also encroached ideological differences, which have little or nothing to do with resource allocation, but it happens because for each strife, war, fight, an ideological carrier is needed to psychologically prepare the warriors for fight; ideology has become such integrally needed part of strife, that it took a life of its very own.
exactly!

pure wisdom sir!

you are wise for sure!

i bow to you.

...........lead me................;-/.

um no.............

but ya, you are wise.
Thanks, Gaffo, I appreciate the kow-tow, but I don't deserve it, I am afraid.

I learned this pearl of wisdom from Karl Marx.
I think you do.

not sure about your post in "poetry" - about granny getting her "rocks" off.

that was kinda weird, but i assume you had a reason/point to make that i did not get.

your ok in my book Buddy.

you have a mind and use it, and is all anyone can ask - and i appreciate that.

too many have minds and do not use them! ;-(.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:27 pm
gaffo wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:45 am
Age wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:29 pm

If there is no "us", then what is there (or here)?
YOU - of course.
Are YOU one of 'us'?
no, i'm just me, as you are YOU.

the best course of action in this life (IMO) is to hear your inner voice (conscience) first and foremost.

ignore others noise that counters that voice.

and:

Are YOU one of 'us'?

I'm with you if you affirm your inner voice, for if you do it says the same thing mine does.

---

if you ignore it, I'm not with you however.
vegetariantaxidermy

Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:16 pm
Keep the immigrants out!
Zeig Heil!
What a moron. Spare me your disingenuous white guilt. Has England run out of people to persecute and plunder? You do realise that your fuck-hole of a country takes almost none of the refugees it created in the ME, and the same goes for the US.
Zeig Heil to you and your genocidal country.
pssst. Being against open door immigration is not a synonym for Nazism. It's just practical common sense.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
-1-

Post by -1- »

Zeig Heil -- means "point at the Hurray"

Sieg Heil -- means "long live the victory" -- Nazi greeting

zu zeigen -- to point at

zi siegen -- becoming victorious

Heil -- "long live", "ooh, lalla", "Splendid", "Hurray!"

zeig -- imperative second person singular to show

sieg -- impertaive second person singular to win

Sieg -- noun, winning, being victorious, victory

I could be mistaken insofar as "siegen" could mean not victory, but struggle, fight. Now I am no longer sure of this.
vegetariantaxidermy

-1- wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:08 am Zeig Heil -- means "point at the Hurray"

Sieg Heil -- means "long live the victory" -- Nazi greeting

zu zeigen -- to point at

zi siegen -- becoming victorious

Heil -- "long live", "ooh, lalla", "Splendid", "Hurray!"

zeig -- imperative second person singular to show

sieg -- impertaive second person singular to win

Sieg -- noun, winning, being victorious, victory

I could be mistaken insofar as "siegen" could mean not victory, but struggle, fight. Now I am no longer sure of this.
i.e. something morons do.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:35 am
Sculptor wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:16 pm

Keep the immigrants out!
Zeig Heil!
What a moron. Spare me your disingenuous white guilt. Has England run out of people to persecute and plunder? You do realise that your fuck-hole of a country takes almost none of the refugees it created in the ME, and the same goes for the US.
Zeig Heil to you and your genocidal country.
Failed to recognise the irony here.

Yes, I obviously do know that we have not shown responsibility for the refugees we have helped to create. But i'm not the one throwing up the borders. You are!