Hey

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

I Like Sushu

Hey

Post by I Like Sushu »

This is probably my last ditch attempt at continuing with philosophy forums.

I’ve left two already due to overly enthused moderation and/or lack of content (numbers dwindling).

Hope this place allows for a reasonable degree friction and banter without deletion of posts on some unseen whim.

Should I bother is my first question to you?

Thanks
-1-

Re: Hey

Post by -1- »

I Like Sushu wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:09 am This is probably my last ditch attempt at continuing with philosophy forums.

I’ve left two already due to overly enthused moderation and/or lack of content (numbers dwindling).

Hope this place allows for a reasonable degree friction and banter without deletion of posts on some unseen whim.

Thanks
Yes, you should bother. Here you can name any derogatory term to apply to anyone. No punishment. Your style, Sushi, as has been observed on The Philosophy Forum.

Especially of interest to you: denying culpability for self-contradiction, and blaming others with their being too sensitive for your inability to admit defeat, are while not welcome here, still, accepted and tolerated by mods.

And lastly, back-pedalling on your own statements, something you are very good at, is very useful and accepted practice on this site, though other users don't do it; still, mods won't discipline you for it.

So go wild. This is the place for you. You two-timing, illogical, spineless, rude contributor.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

-1- wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:01 am
I Like Sushu wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:09 am This is probably my last ditch attempt at continuing with philosophy forums.

Thanks
Yes, you should bother. Here you can name any derogatory term to apply to anyone. No punishment. Your style, Sushi, as has been observed on The Philosophy Forum.

Especially of interest to you: denying culpability for self-contradiction, and blaming others with their being too sensitive for your inability to admit defeat, are while not welcome here, still, accepted and tolerated by mods.

And lastly, back-pedalling on your own statements, something you are very good at, is very useful and accepted practice on this site, though other users don't do it; still, mods won't discipline you for it.

So go wild. This is the place for you. You two-timing, illogical, spineless, rude contributor.
Is this how you want to live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epI5r0_T_lE
I Like Sushu

Post by I Like Sushu »

I don’t mind insults if there is some substance to the comments.

Example: “You’re a fuckwit because X does necessarily entail Y unless you’re only looking at X from a fixed abstract perspective.” - acceptable (could be framed in a more amiable manner, but there is content to the criticism nevertheless!)

“You’re a fuckwit!” - not acceptable (who cares?)

“What the fuck are you talking about you talking about you halfwit?” - acceptable (at least there is an attempt to discover what was meant).

On other forums some of these rules are stated but there is a lack of consistency and/or deletion of insults at the cost of content. I see sausage dog is here so that is a good sign! I prefer to see more extreme views voiced openly so they can be addressed/dismissed. We shouldn’t be fearful of dangerous ideas we should simply address them and dispel any conflict by attempting to understand rather than ‘defeat’.

I mean ‘should’ loosely before anyone decides to jump down my throat ;)

Anyway, the articles look like nice springboards for discussion and I see some familiar names around (some good some bad) so I’ll peruse some more.
-1-

Post by -1- »

I'm referring to your behaviour to me on the philosophy forum, "I love sushi".

It was deplorable, despicable, and not worthy of a philosopher how you treated me.

Don't expect kindness, or even normal behaviour from me, after what you did to me on my first day on that forum.
I Like Sushu

Post by I Like Sushu »

Take this nugget of advice:
It is normal (alas) on philosophy boards to deplore the opponent and voice dismay with the opponent's characteristics (real or imagined) that are absolutely nothing to do with the topic, when the opponent has defeated the argument of the one by logical means. I think this is what has also happened here.
The victim card:
You simply stifle opinions by presenting your mighty presence. Is this what your aim is, or is your aim to put in logical, convincing arguments? Is your aim to intimidate people like me, and keep us in check by fear, or else is your aim to convince us that we are wrong when we are by intellectual means?
The excuse:
Oops. I am not trying to be difficult or anything. I am an Aspie. I need guidance with interpreting instructions when ambiguities exist.
Self imposed rules broken repeatedly (see above):
But I have two giant obstacles in following links in posts: one insurmountable, which can't allow me to determine how deep into the linkings, or chains of links, I must dig before I am qualified to form an opinion. One surmountable problem, which is my self-imposed good manners, and viewing the exceptions to it as "rude", to not force the reader into having to leave the reading and get some information other places.
And finally the point of reference:
I am new and impressionable at this site. I learned this style from who seems to be a long-time member, "I love sushi". I caught him on a self-contradiciton, and he called me a fucking this and a fucking that. Then he proceeded to backpaddle on his earlier statements. I learned there and then that that was supposed to be the norm around here.
It should be noted I didn’t call him “fucking this” and “fucking that”. I actually responded with this:
Boo-fucking-hoo! If you imagine a trap so be it. If you get that self-righteous bear trap off your foot I imagine you’d think you’re an enable walker being equally crippled by both legs!

Why is it idiots forever imagine demons at their door?
Because of this:
From the first word to the last. I cannot make head nor tail of what your point is, if there is a point, or why I should care?
— I like sushi

You appear to be saying obvious, and some dubious, things. What I am/(was?) missing is the question embedded in the OP.
— I like sushi

I am sorry, "I love sushi" but you trapped me. You said two different things in the three posts you made. In the first two instances you denied understanding anything the OP said. In the third instance, you specifically denied these two posts by your own self.

I can't abide with traps like that. I won't. One more such utterance or the like of it, and I'm putting you on Iggi.

You trapped me into explaining where I thought you needed help. Then you outright decried my help.

This is not nice. This, in fact, is intolerable.
It should also be noted that the quotes of me above DO NOT address -1-. Even so it is clear I am asking - after attempts at further clarification with another member - “What I am/(was?) missing ...”

I’m sure plenty of people here are aware of your antics though. Have fun nursing your bruised ego :mrgreen:
I Like Sushu

Post by I Like Sushu »

Please note I’m not asking for an apology. That is your game and if you care to argue that it isn’t I could post several instances of you doing so over four different forums.

I do wonder who you’ll direct your venom at next with demands for apologies after the usual goading and baiting? How many times will you have to hear “sorry” to recover I wonder?

Note: I do take a certain degree of pleasure in point out these qualities. Thanks.
-1-

Post by -1- »

I Like Sushu wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:13 pm Please note I’m not asking for an apology. That is your game and if you care to argue that it isn’t I could post several instances of you doing so over four different forums.

I do wonder who you’ll direct your venom at next with demands for apologies after the usual goading and baiting? How many times will you have to hear “sorry” to recover I wonder?

Note: I do take a certain degree of pleasure in point out these qualities. Thanks.
Of course you're not into apologies. After you insult someone without cause, and you owe them an apology, you stay clear of offering one. That goes without saying. You did not have to waste your breath to explain that.

You did not say "sorry" even once. You are insinuating here that you have. NO, YOU HAVE NOT. Stay that way, and collect as many enemies as you can.

You are indeed a despicable little creature. I don't expect an apology from you at any time ever. But I know what kind of a person you are. And I will treat you accordingly.
I Like Sushu

Post by I Like Sushu »

You really enjoy trolling don’t you :lol:

Bye weirdo.
PeteJ

Post by PeteJ »

This is the first philosophy forum I've been on that allows conversations like this one.