Free Will

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Free Will

Post by Dontaskme »

Free will means making the right choice in order to feel love and goodness, a sense of justice, security, peace and harmony, mainly, the natural equilibrium of being no thing and everything.

Any objection?

HexHammer

Re: Free Will

Post by HexHammer »

:? :roll:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:21 am Free will means making the right choice in order to feel love and goodness, a sense of justice, security, peace and harmony, mainly, the natural equilibrium of being no thing and everything.

Any objection?
So "free will," according to you, is not freedom to feel hatred and badness, perpetrate injustice, violate security, and perpetuate strife and disharmony?

It's just the good stuff, eh? None of the bad?

Interesting selectivity.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:37 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:21 am Free will means making the right choice in order to feel love and goodness, a sense of justice, security, peace and harmony, mainly, the natural equilibrium of being no thing and everything.

Any objection?
So "free will," according to you, is not freedom to feel hatred and badness, perpetrate injustice, violate security, and perpetuate strife and disharmony?

Interesting selectivity.
According to me, free will includes all the bad stuff too. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

Meaning according to me ..is freedom to make any choice because you are free to do so, because what ever you choose to do...only you ...will reap what you sow. No one holds a gun to your head...you make your own bed and have to lie in it.

That’s what free will means.

Karma if there is such a thing is not dished out on you by an external agent...you dish it out on yourself.

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Any objection?

How can you exercise the will to love, when real love takes to be real love?
You cannot have true love alone.
Love is a shared emotion that includes works deeds and reciprocity.

You can have a stalkers love, but I do not class that as true love.

You do have the free will to try to love someone, but if the other does not return that emotion, it is not ever a true shared love.

Regards
DL
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Any objection?

You do have the free will to try to love someone, but if the other does not return that emotion, it is not ever a true shared love.

Regards
DL
You cannot chose to love. It's like you cannot chose to feel hungry. You can chose to eat, or not but some things are unbidden like sexual orientation. Shit just happens to you.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Any objection?

Regards
DL
Hey DL, did you mean, "How can you exercise the will to love, when real love takes (love/real love) to be real?" [Nice to see you still tagging the forums, btw!]

To all on the topic,

"Free Will" requires all possible options one could 'choose' to be equally probable to be existent somewhere. If ONLY one particular reality is true, it is NOT a 'choice' but the perception of it at best.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:17 pm [

You cannot chose to love. It's like you cannot chose to feel hungry. You can chose to eat, or not but some things are unbidden like sexual orientation. Shit just happens to you.
True buddy.

That is why I sometimes ask the Christians that quote Jesus' command to love your neighbor if they can love a person that does not love them back.

Regards
DL
f12hte

Post by f12hte »

Everything is instinctual or learned. Free will is not involved. The will is programmed by experience and thus it is not free. Guilt and punishment are not warranted, because moral failure is impossible for people without free will.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

f12hte wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:24 pm Everything is instinctual or learned. Free will is not involved. The will is programmed by experience and thus it is not free. Guilt and punishment are not warranted, because moral failure is impossible for people without free will.
That would be true if we did not have a free will. We do so this does not apply.

Regards
DL
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:36 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:37 pm

Any objection?

Interesting selectivity.
According to me, free will includes all the bad stuff too. Sorry I forgot to mention that.

Meaning according to me ..is freedom to make any choice because you are free to do so, because what ever you choose to do...only you ...will reap what you sow. No one holds a gun to your head...you make your own bed and have to lie in it.

That’s what free will means.

Karma if there is such a thing is not dished out on you by an external agent...you dish it out on yourself.

freewill is overatted, we all act within bounds of our nature.

this is a Truth, cowards that hate themselves - externalize their self hate (they are too cowardly to look inward and to learn of themselves and why they hate themselves) and the result is mass death (Hitler) - and when the final curtian fall he "manned up and shot himself in the head" - which if he were not a coward would have done 20 yrs prior (or seeked proffesional help and learned about himself and why he hated himself in order to love himself - and saved 40 miilion dead 20 yrs later).

of course 10 millon of the 40 million were sheep that followed the self hating bully that externalized his hate to the world, the other 30 million died trying to stop the monster and his bot army (they (the 10 million) also have as much to account for his Hitler himself, for being bots - walking brainstems).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

yes you can!

you MUST have self love before you can love another!

without self love you are just a co-dip, striving for self love from another's validation that you are worthy.

that is all too common sadly, and why the divorce rate is sky high.

striving to love yourself through another is a fool's errand.

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm Love is a shared emotion that includes works deeds and reciprocity.
no. loving another is this.

BTW i know a gal that loved me years ago, i tried to love here back because she loved me. i tried and tried, but i just could not convince myself that i loved her.

she was lovable, and nice/etc, but for whatever reason (too klingy i think maybe?) i just could not go on convincing myself i loved her, so i ended our relationship.

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm You can have a stalkers love, but I do not class that as true love.
as a male and to be a honest male - in my younger day i did stalk 5? or so gals - striving for their "love" - when they did not have it for me.

young males are fools usually, so we do stalk. not proud of it, just admiting what most of us did as young male fools.

Greatest I am wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:56 pm You do have the free will to try to love someone, but if the other does not return that emotion, it is not ever a true shared love.

Regards
DL
correct, i have the freewill to try to love some girl, but i can't force myself to love them. if it requires work its not the real thing.

i do not have the freewill to actually love another, that just happens.

BTW - that emotion does not require reciprocity, i loved a gal 26 yrs ago, she did not love me in return. i still love her, but have not thought of her in decades.

Saul has something to say about "love" - - is kind, does not want/etc..........(the only thing that phony said that was True)
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Any objection?

Regards
DL
exactly!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

gaffo wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:54 am we all act within bounds of our nature.

All action is one boundless unitary action.

Artificially daming up this immediate uncaused ( Acausal) natural flow of one unitary action is a reaction, a reaction is the artifical nature of consciousness...as in 'our nature'

Resistence to the flow of natural being is suffering..releasing any resistence is the artistry of natural being without suffering.
Artistry as in the unresisted flow of existence is natural...'our nature' is artificial...for there is no 'our' anything, there is only everything acting all at once.

_____

Suffering is Proportional to Resistance.

''The Universe as experienced is the created negation that ever resists.

We can thus say that Awakening to Substantiality is inversely proportional to resistance. In other words, more resistance to the immediacy of Consciousness corresponds to more experience of the samsaric universe of delusion, i.e., suffering.''

https://integralscience.wordpress.com/2 ... esistance/

Post by Age »

Any objection?

No objection in that that is 'your' definition of what 'free will' means, and thus is not necessarily what 'free will' actually means to all.

Also, if one is making any choice to feel love and goodness, or feel any other thing, then does that not bring with it a sense of seeking approval or just seeking?

If one is seeking some thing, then could that imply a dualistic sense of things?