You never happened.

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: You never happened.

Post by Dontaskme »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:27 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:33 am Awareness does not differ from one person to the next.
You cannot possibly know this. No conscious (aware) organism is conscious of any other organism's consciousness. Every consciousness is private.
You is just another word for awareness. Knowing awareness is the no thing that is omnipresent and omniscient in all things.
Awareness cannot be a thing, it can only KNOW thing as a concept it creates within itself...the concept is not outside of awareness, it's a projection of awareness itself. It is the concept that gives birth to the unborn awareness...in this conception, in knowing it's own conception/ concept..but it's an artificial conception since awareness is infinite, meaning it is never born nor does it die...only the concepts are born and die.

It's not a ''someone'' that knows. You / Awareness are the knowing that cannot be known.
The ''YOU'' is the eternal infinte Awareness that never happens, there is only awareness of happenings ..in that for any knowledge of a happening to become known.. YOU first have to exist to be aware you know ..become aware you are awareness... so to speak.

Awareness can only be aware of itself, there is no other thing that is awareness, because awareness of other is a fictional concept known in awareness not outside of it, a concept doesn't exist in and of itself apart from awareness itself aware of the concept. Awareness is all there is. This does not deny the existence of an external world because there is no external reality apart from awareness, they are ONE in the same instant...everywhere, and nowhere, simultanously omnipresent and omniscient.

The reason Awareness does not differ from one person to the next is because it's the same one awareness in each person. But that's just a metaphor, when in fact the person is just a known concept in awareness...people don't have awareness, they are awareness. The person is a concept known by awareness...the person is an object looked upon by awareness...the object is not aware.
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:27 amI suspect that consciousness is similar in all conscious organisms, but it cannot be known, unless you can read minds, of course.
There's only one awareness.. but there are many minds..
Awareness reads the mind from the unique perspective lens of each mind in assosiation with that particular mind...and while one mind is being known to itself only...nothing else is happening...and at the same time every mind is happening simultaneously all at once because the awareness knowing of every concept/mind aka the KNOWN is everywhere at once one without a second.

RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 am There's only one awareness... Awareness reads the mind from the unique perspective lens of each mind in assosiation with that particular mind...and while one mind is being known to itself only...nothing else is happening...
I'm sorry but it certainly sounds like you're pulling my leg. You don't really believe all that do you?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:41 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:47 am There's only one awareness... Awareness reads the mind from the unique perspective lens of each mind in assosiation with that particular mind...and while one mind is being known to itself only...nothing else is happening...
I'm sorry but it certainly sounds like you're pulling my leg. You don't really believe all that do you?
I don't have to believe all that...I AM that ..it's self-evident.

All that can be known is that I AM right now ..aware I am aware ..from the unique perspective lens of this (body-mind-character) here being awared, being looked upon and conceptually known in and by awareness here that I AM. The mind and body are one in the same instant, there is no division.

There is nothing else happening outside of this knowing awareness here.

Everything that appears to be happening outside of Awareness HERE... is appearing HERE in the awareness I AM.. not out-there.

..because like you've already stated here
You cannot possibly know this. No conscious (aware) organism is conscious of any other organism's consciousness. Every consciousness is private.
Two awarenesses can never meet see or know each other because there's only ONE Awareness appearing as the many...as and through the unique perspective lens of the many minds...which is the ''thought process'' from the unique perspective of each (body-mind-character) already couched within the ONE Awareness aware of each and every (body-mind-character) conceptually constructed via the mind...So in essence each character including people, animals, plants, trees,flowers, mountains, rivers, etc etc.....absolutely every concept known to awareness is like a dream within a dream within a dream..add infinitum ...each character appearing as a different experience, a different view point ..yet all are being viewed simultaneously in one absolute infinite awareness right NOW...but can only be experienced one finite frame at a time in space time duality...but is actually infinity experiencing itself finitely..one frame at a time...as the saying goes, time is what stop everything happening all at once...but ultimately nothing is happening because it's all Awareness one without a second...life is a dream, dreamt by no-one.

This is straight up truth of who you are right now, you are eternal AWARENESS already Enlightened and Aware and Wide-Awake...no one Awakens - no one becomes Enlightened ...YOU ALREADY ARE THIS. You are THE Buddha. Infinity NOW

Sorry for the repeat...but we already know all this about ourself...that is until we forget, because we cannot forget without remembering, and forgetting is just remembering who we really are in the same instant.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

waechter418 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:42 pm

2=0
3=0
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:41 pm

But an actual human is not a concept but instead something real and physical

But this statement above is information, it is knowledge...it's known concepts...the words 'real' and 'physical' are concepts....so how can the above statement be known and by what? ..and is this knower physical? ...what is the knower?

This human mind does not accept that human is the known but not the knower because it does not think the knower consciousness exists
The knower doesn't exist as a 'thought' that's why...you mentioned THOUGHT...'thought' requires a thinker,but who or what is thinking?

For a 'thought' to be known/recognised - there has to be an awareness of that 'thought' that knows the 'thought'....which itself doesn't exist as a 'thought'...because '' thought's'' appear and disappear.....while the awareness of 'thought' does not.....

RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:14 pm I don't have to believe all that...I AM that ..it's self-evident.
Yeah, that's what my neighbor, who knew he could fly, said just before he died.

Hope you don't mind if no one else believes it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:23 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:14 pm I don't have to believe all that...I AM that ..it's self-evident.
Yeah, that's what my neighbor, who knew he could fly, said just before he died.

Hope you don't mind if no one else believes it.

But who or what would believe?

Who or what KNOWS death?/life?

Can you know the answer to those questions?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:23 pmYeah, that's what my neighbor, who knew he could fly, said just before he died.
This is knowledge.

There is an Awareness of knowledge without doubt of error...else there would be no knowledge of being able to fly or of dying otherwise.

But what you ARE never died or flew..because knowledge is conceptual, a fictional story arising in you, but not you.

Knowledge is the dream of separation where there isn't any.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

I accept there are many minds and that collectively they constitute human consciousness
However I am sceptical about the concept of Awareness as the manifestation of all minds
And I also do not accept that ultimately there is nothing and that everything is an illusion
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:29 am This is knowledge.

There is an Awareness of knowledge without doubt of error...else there would be no knowledge of being able to fly or of dying otherwise.

But what you ARE never died or flew..because knowledge is conceptual, a fictional story arising in you, but not you.

Dontaskme, I do not mean to be rude, and I'm not criticizing you, but you definitely have some kind of problem. You slip from solipsism to fantasy to floating abstractions with no discernable meaning and are not even aware of it. The only people I've ever known to write the way you do were on drugs, or suffering drug's permanent consequences. I'm not accusing you of that, or anything else, but your total lack of comprehension is a symptom of something very wrong.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:58 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:29 am This is knowledge.

Dontaskme, I do not mean to be rude, and I'm not criticizing you, but you definitely have some kind of problem.
Thanks, no problem ..I can take it.

The only people I've ever known to write the way you do were on drugs, or suffering drug's permanent consequences. I'm not accusing you of that, or anything else, but your total lack of comprehension is a symptom of something very wrong.
Thanks for your response. It gave me a really hearty chuckle.

RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:22 pm Thanks, no problem ..I can take it.

Thanks for your response. It gave me a really hearty chuckle.
Good. What I wrote was not meant to be something you had to, "take," or endure. I'm glad you could find humor in it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:27 am
What I wrote was not meant to be something you had to, "take," or endure.
Thanks, I can take that it was not meant to be something I had to take.

Walker

Post by Walker »

“Even then, many people were not satisfied and they would continue to ask for advice about other methods or try to engage him in theoretical philosophical discussions. With such people Sri Ramana would temporarily abandon his absolute standpoint and give appropriate advice on whatever level it was asked” … “Inevitably, this policy of modifying his teachings to meet the needs of different people led to many contradictions.”
- David Godman, introduction, Be As You Are, The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:55 am “Even then, many people were not satisfied and they would continue to ask for advice about other methods or try to engage him in theoretical philosophical discussions. With such people Sri Ramana would temporarily abandon his absolute standpoint and give appropriate advice on whatever level it was asked” … “Inevitably, this policy of modifying his teachings to meet the needs of different people led to many contradictions.”
- David Godman, introduction, Be As You Are, The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi.
I like this..it's saying Be As You Are.

Exactly.

Any attempt to step out of the flow is counter-intuitive and counter-productive. . leading to more confusion and contradiction...In that you cannot teach yourself to be...or be what you are not.
Certainly attempt it, but not expect to get paid for it...it's not for sale. I don't think we're meant to wake up from the dream of separation, that's the whole point of it...also, when it does happen, it's spontaneous, no one has caused or can cause that to happen in you...no matter how skilled a teacher they are. In essence no one can teach you what you already know. Otherwise it becomes cult like mentality, but that's just my opinion, it doesn't mean teachers are wrong to teach, I just don't agree with charging money for it.

Jesus didn't charge people money for his teachings.

Also teaching can appear to be like the teacher has grasped something that the student has not got themself...and that only I can give it to you...it's very self-serving and egoic, and goes against everything the message is actually about.

Thanks Walker for the quote.