You never happened.

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: You never happened.

Post by Dontaskme »

“Awareness is primordial; it is the original state, beginningless, endless, uncaused, unsupported, without parts, without change. Consciousness is on contact, a reflection against a surface, a state of duality. There can be no consciousness without awareness, but there can be awareness without consciousness, as in deep sleep. Awareness is absolute, consciousness is relative to its content; consciousness is always of something. Consciousness is partial and changeful, awareness is total, changeless, calm and silent. And it is the common matrix of every experience.”
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk...see how awareness who you are never happened..and that all happenings are nought but a dream you are dreaming.

“Since it is awareness that makes consciousness possible, there is awareness in every state of consciousness. Therefore the very consciousness of being conscious is already a movement in awareness. Interest in your stream of consciousness takes you to awareness. It is not a new state. It is at once recognised as the original, basic existence, which is life itself, and also love and joy.”
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising _uk...WHO is awareness?

Answer is..

y( our ) true nature — Awareness.

Despite the innumerable names that are tagged on to it,
Know that the real meaning is as follows:
Let your mind spontaneously relax and rest.

When left to itself, ordinary mind is fresh and naked.
If observed, it is a vivid clarity without anything to see,
A direct awareness, sharp and awake.
Possessing no existence, it is empty and pure,
A clear openness of nondual luminosity and emptiness.

It is not permanent, since it does not exist at all.
It is not nothingness, since it is vividly clear and awake.
It is not oneness, since many things are cognized and known.
It is not plurality, since the many things known are inseparable in one taste.
It is not somewhere else; it is your own awareness itself.

~Lama Shabkar, Tsogdruk Rangdrol
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Are you are what you are by accident?

Or are you are what you are supposed to be?

Philosophy provides the anwer.

You have no idea.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

jayjacobus wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 am Are you are what you are by accident?

You have no idea.
Don't misunderstand what I mean.

You are what you are,

And I am what I am.

You are what you are because you are lucky, lucky, lucky.

And so am I.

Do not misunderstand lucky.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

jayjacobus wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:00 am Are you are what you are by accident?

You have no idea.
You ARE and that's all that can be known.

You don't have an idea. You are an idea.

What is an idea? I have no idea.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote:The body is a concept known (information) but not known by the concept itself... ...
Arising_uk wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:43 pmI differ, the body is a fact not a concept, it is the ground for the phenomenal experience we have of an external world.
How on earth do you think you can know what you know and say what you say unless you know the doer and the knower?
The ground is actually groundless, think in terms of space...all matter is made up of atoms, which is bascially empty space, all matter is literally made up of the empty space it is appearing in....imagine that, empty fullness, it's magic.
There is nothing to make anything from,or of..do you see?

A fact is a concept, an idea known by awareness, there is here awarenness of the fact as a concept..in this conception...awareness is inconceivable even to itself but can know itself as and through each concept in this inconceivable conception, awareness is the empty knowing of all known things while awareness itself is not a conceptual thing..rendering all known things empty too...life is a dream dreamt by no one.

The mind can pretend it's all real till it's blue in the face, but that doesn't make it anymore real than it is imagined, as real is just another empty idea..where do we go upon imagined death?...where were we before we imagined we were born? where do all those people in your nightly dream go upon waking from the dream...?

you as awareness is aware of the body, ...
Arising_uk wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:43 pmI differ, me as a body is aware that it is one.
There is no me as a body aware that it is one body. The whole universe if the one body in awareness...the body is being awared, it is being looked upon by awareness...the body is not aware of itself...it is being awared...the body is the seen...the seer is the unseen backlight beyond the body animating the body into living reality...albeit simulated since bodies are just concepts...aka fictions.

( “Thou cannot see My face, for there shall no man see Me and live.”Exodus 33:20 )
Arising_uk wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:43 pmYou appear to me to be an ex-theist recreating a 'God' more suitable to yourself.
Oh really, well we all mentally project our own thoughts...what would be here without the imagination of projected thought?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:43 pmIs "awareness" in this case your "Awareness"? As trees exist apart from my awareness otherwise they'd not be bigger or changed when them come back into my awareness. Are you basically saying you are an Idealist a la Berkley and it is 'God' who sustains ideas when we're not looking?
You we don't have awareness, you are awareness, awareness is just another name for YOU...there is only awareness and the contents of awareness inseparable from awareness. Awareness is the not-knowing knower, the seer and the seen, knower and the known as one IN THE SAME INSTANT.

It is only your imagination that insists that you are the mind, it's memories, its personality, and the physical body that contains it. But these are merely attributes you perceive. Your true self is beyond any scope of possible perception,you are the awareness in which all perceptions appear.

Your true self nature Awareness is not an ''object'' that can be perceived like a thought or a tree. You are aware of change and objects, and at the same time unchanging and not an object.

You as awareness evades all conscious perception because it is empty of any attribute, even though it is the emptiness in which all attributes appear.

There is never a moment when you are not experiencing your own awareness-it is ever-present. Despite your awareness being undetected by your senses, it is what gives each sense their sensing.

You, aka awareness are the illuminating essence of being,the invisible backlight behind all things seen as colour is seen by contrast, aka by association,without which the invisible light cannot appear to itself as a living world of colourful experiences. Awareness is you within which all experiences are made aware. Awareness may not have any objective qualities of it's own, but in it all qualities become known...because it's the only knowing there is. It's direct experience right here and now. You are it.

jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:08 am

You have no idea.

The precedents explain the antecedents.

Before the precedents, the antecedents were just an idea.

Or luck was the only driver?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

jayjacobus wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:46 pm

You have no idea.

There is no lucky driver.

Only the unborn is born, aka the mind.

No one has ever seen a mind, not even the mind.
It's the unseen seer as seen only to itself.

waechter418

Post by waechter418 »

2=0
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:00 am
jayjacobus wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:46 pm

There is no lucky driver.

Only the unborn is born, aka the mind.

No one has ever seen a mind, not even the mind.
It's the unseen seer as seen only to itself.

People experience reality. They also learn about reality from conversations, classes and books. The former is experiential. The latter definitional. The definitions are scientific, philosophical, practical and more.

You are not scientific, philosophical or practical. You barely exist as a weird definition.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

jayjacobus wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:39 pm
People experience reality. They also learn about reality from conversations, classes and books. The former is experiential. The latter definitional. The definitions are scientific, philosophical, practical and more.

You are not scientific, philosophical or practical. You barely exist as a weird definition.
All the above is a description, it's an experience..no one is having, there is an empty non-local knowing awareness of this experience.

Awareness is not scientific, no thought was required in the making of this movie observed by no one.

Thought is the fictional experience in awareness that is not an experience.

That's the only reality that's going on.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Dontaskme wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
The belief that there is an absolute knower exists as many conceptual ideas within human consciousness
Do you not see that the word human is a concept known by consciousness and that consciousness is that which
knows a concept not that the concept human is the knower the concept human is the known not the knower ... the knower is consciousness
The word human is a concept known and understood by human consciousness
But an actual human is not a concept but instead something real and physical

This human mind does not accept that human is the known but not the knower because it does not think the knower consciousness exists
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:33 am Awareness does not differ from one person to the next.
You cannot possibly know this. No conscious (aware) organism is conscious of any other organism's consciousness. Every consciousness is private.

I suspect that consciousness is similar in all conscious organisms, but it cannot be known, unless you can read minds, of course.