You never happened.

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: You never happened.

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:There is only you talking to yourself. You think other exists only because you exist, except other is only a thought in you ..not outside of you. You cannot get outside of you to meet another because you'd have to be that other...which you aren't because... ...
So if I punch you what is happening then?
The you in me is the same you in you. ...
No you really aren't me.
There is only you because there is no other than you.
Given I speak and can think in a language that would not be possible for a one to create I can safely deduce that there is at least one other than me.
Ginkgo

Post by Ginkgo »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:33 am What Descartes didn't say was >
(It is this ''presence-of-being" that affords you the self-awareness to realise, without even needing to think a thought, that... I Exist. )
The reason Descartes didn't say this is because the above is nonsense and babble.
Dontaskme wrote: The I that thinks (''i am'' ) is a dream character - that character doesn't exist, except as ideation and mentation ( autonomous ''thought'' an aggregate of mental phenomena that is sensed as a sensation spontaneously arising (here now) NOWHERE...intangible / non-locatable...appearing as just another sensory perception. That which is apparently perceiving cannot be perceived.
Perception is a phenomenal appearance within your presence of awareness, which is the noumenon of your entire sense-of-being.

Awareness is your Is-ness.
This noumenal essence consciousness is your true Self (as opposed to the imagined-false-self that the egoic-personality asserts itself as, which is nothing more than thought-forms the mind has mistakenly self-identified itself with).

Awareness does not differ from one person to the next. Awareness is awareness - it does not change from one biological specimen to the next. It is this formless, empty, nothingness that animates all forms, making them appear to be ''some form'' ..form being impermanent and transient, while their fundamental formless essence remains unchanging infinite and eternal.
More nonsense and babble.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:27 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:17 am
Descartes said '' I think therefore I am''

I AM doesn't need to think to be I AM ...I AM still IS with or without thought present.

I would invite you to consider:

AM doesn’t need to think to be AM … AM still IS with or without thought present.

I AM requires thought to be I AM, because I is a thought.
( I Am ) is the unknown known Non-dual state, I and AM are the same ONE...

(AM) is the empty screen behind the appearance ( I )

There can be no possible ''utterance'' of AM without the appearance of ( I )

Both AM and I have to exist in the same instant for any distinction to occur - only then is it seen that there is no distinction there / here (when the I drops away dissolves into the AM )

To know you ARE NOT you have to BE in the same instant. Hence Non-dual reality. Non-duality being duality.

It's a divine paradoxical illusory mirror effect...in that ...what appears in the mirror is actually the mirror.

Mirror being the AM ..relfection in mirror being the I

Walker

Post by Walker »

AM requires no utterance, not even to oneself.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:24 am AM requires no utterance, not even to oneself.
And yet utterances appear when there is no requirement for them to appear.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Ginkgo wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 2:48 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:33 am What Descartes didn't say was >
(It is this ''presence-of-being" that affords you the self-awareness to realise, without even needing to think a thought, that... I Exist. )
The reason Descartes didn't say this is because the above is nonsense and babble.

Where is René Descartes now then?

He said ... Cogito ergo sum. (I think; therefore I am.) He found that he could not doubt that he himself existed, as he was the one doing the doubting in the first place.

So where is this ''himself'' existing now..where is he?

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:35 pm
Dontaskme wrote:There is only you talking to yourself. You think other exists only because you exist, except other is only a thought in you ..not outside of you. You cannot get outside of you to meet another because you'd have to be that other...which you aren't because... ...
So if I punch you what is happening then?
You'll find out when you punch yourself.

The you in me is the same you in you. ...
Arising_uk wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:35 pmNo you really aren't me.
Other people are appearances in your consciousness, they are not outside of your consciousness. As consciousness you cannot experience yourself as an objective 'me' The only experience is consciousness...that no 'body' is experiencing. Every 'body appearance' is connected to the same one source which is consciousness.

Think of consciousness as the space around your body....every 'body' occupies the same one space, every body is an appearace in that space, there is no body outside or inside of space separate from the space...it's actually all space...another word for consciousness. And it is this consciousness that is the only intelligent dynamic permeating every body.

There is only you because there is no other than you.
Arising_uk wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:35 pmGiven I speak and can think in a language that would not be possible for a one to create I can safely deduce that there is at least one other than me.
No one ever spoke a word, all speaking is sourced from the empty silence of consciousness which is uncreated.

Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:You'll find out when you punch yourself. ...
But I won't punch myself, just you and I can guarantee that you will be in more pain than I am. So what is happening there?
Other people are appearances in your consciousness, they are not outside of your consciousness. As consciousness you cannot experience yourself as an objective 'me' The only experience is consciousness...that no 'body' is experiencing. Every 'body appearance' is connected to the same one source which is consciousness. ...
And my subjective experience is that I am me and you aren't. If you are then tell me what we are wearing at present?
Think of consciousness as the space around your body....every 'body' occupies the same one space, every body is an appearace in that space, there is no body outside or inside of space separate from the space...it's actually all space...another word for consciousness. And it is this consciousness that is the only intelligent dynamic permeating every body. ...
That is just putting the cart before the horse as you are assuming what you wish to assert.

No one ever spoke a word, all speaking is sourced from the empty silence of consciousness which is uncreated.
No singular consciousness would have any need nor even be able to create this language that we use.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:34 am
Dontaskme wrote:You'll find out when you punch yourself. ...
But I won't punch myself, just you and I can guarantee that you will be in more pain than I am. So what is happening there?
There is no there....there is only here...here is not there, ''there'' is a preception made ''here''.. Direct experience here will inform You of what's happening there albeit illusory since ''there'' is only ever the ''projection'' or ''perception'' (HERE) aka this Direct Consciousness that never moves or happens. No objective thought ever leaves the confines of consciousness that is without boundary ..in other words, infinity never happens.
As such, in truth, You have no location or edge, and so You do not begin or end. You are infinite and eternal, causelessly silent and perfectly still as the One Emptiness itself...but characteristically speaking being 'finite' is essentially the inseperable opposite (relative to itself) of the one ever-changless, formless, causelessly silent Perceiver that You are.

Think of consciousness as the space around your body....every 'body' occupies the same one space, every body is an appearace in that space, there is no body outside or inside of space separate from the space...it's actually all space...another word for consciousness. And it is this consciousness that is the only intelligent dynamic permeating every body. ...
Arising_uk wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:34 amThat is just putting the cart before the horse as you are assuming what you wish to assert.
Let me remind you that we are talking about the you that never happens... aka Consciousness.
There is nothing before or after Consciousness. This Oneness / Consciousness cannot be diminished by spatial separation caused by objective conceptual speak because that too is all One Invisible Unitary Consciousness in action.

Arising_uk wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:34 amNo singular consciousness would have any need nor even be able to create this language that we use.
I have no idea what you have just said as that makes absolutely no sense.

As for human language...

Language is an auditory illusion of light and sound heard as words with meaning, there is nothing there but phenomenal meaningless interpretated meaning known by the only knowing there which is consciousness.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:32 pm
Walker wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:24 am AM requires no utterance, not even to oneself.
And yet utterances appear when there is no requirement for them to appear.
According to the laws of physics, only what must appear, appears. Must is required for the appearance of AM to I that results in IS.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

laws? no one to enforce or obey

-Imp
Ramu

Post by Ramu »

A_Seagull wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:45 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:09 am You have no past, the past is death, the past never happened.

You have no future, the future never happens, the future is death.

Right NOW there is no you because there is no other than you for Infinity.

Infinity = 0 = 1

I'm sure you are right, however I don't believe a word of it.
Please don't believe it because it's not a belief system. Rather it's based on direct experience.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:There is no there....there is only here...here is not there, ''there'' is a preception made ''here''.. Direct experience here will inform You of what's happening there albeit illusory since ''there'' is only ever the ''projection'' or ''perception'' (HERE) aka this Direct Consciousness that never moves or happens. No objective thought ever leaves the confines of consciousness that is without boundary ..in other words, infinity never happens.
As such, in truth, You have no location or edge, and so You do not begin or end. You are infinite and eternal, causelessly silent and perfectly still as the One Emptiness itself...but characteristically speaking being 'finite' is essentially the inseperable opposite (relative to itself) of the one ever-changless, formless, causelessly silent Perceiver that You are.
But you'll still be bruised and hurt and I won't be, how do you explain that?

Let me remind you that we are talking about the you that never happens... aka Consciousness. ...
And let me remind you that being a consciousness is exactly the awareness of things happening to you.
There is nothing before or after Consciousness. This Oneness / Consciousness cannot be diminished by spatial separation caused by objective conceptual speak because that too is all One Invisible Unitary Consciousness in action. ...
Have you really never seen a dead body?

I have no idea what you have just said as that makes absolutely no sense.
Consider the language that you are talking and thinking with, if there was only a one consciousness it could not create that which you are thinking and talking with as it would have no need nor even the capability of producing such a language, as our language is for the purpose of communicating our individual subjective experiences of reality to others.
As for human language...

Language is an auditory illusion of light and sound heard as words with meaning, there is nothing there but phenomenal meaningless interpretated meaning known by the only knowing there which is consciousness.
Waffle and balderdash as what is exactly there is meaning and meaningfulness.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote:There is no there....there is only here...here is not there, ''there'' is a preception made ''here''.. Direct experience here will inform You of what's happening there albeit illusory since ''there'' is only ever the ''projection'' or ''perception'' (HERE) aka this Direct Consciousness that never moves or happens. No objective thought ever leaves the confines of consciousness that is without boundary ..in other words, infinity never happens.
Arising_uk wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:04 amBut you'll still be bruised and hurt and I won't be, how do you explain that?
The 'body' is an appearance in consciousness, when two surfaces (objects / appearances) aka conceptual labels...when they interact with each other a phenomena known as''cause and effect''comes into play which is just non-dual consciousness interacting with itself ( it's dual nature), in the form of appearances effecting other appearances within itself ONLY as observed by consciousness the non-dual witness as and through each appearance aka the mind body mechanism, aka the dream body from the unique perspective, or through the particular lens of that apparent mind..ALL APPEARANCES OF THE ONE CONSCIOUSNESS.....MANY OF THE ONE.

What this topic is about is that the witness is never bruised or hurt ..it only appears that way, eventually the brusing and hurt will disappear...while consciousness stays totally uneffected by the whole drama.

Let me remind you that we are talking about the you that never happens... aka Consciousness. ...
Arising_uk wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:04 amAnd let me remind you that being a consciousness is exactly the awareness of things happening to you.
No, there is no one 'Being' a consciousness ...as consciousness you are aware of all happenings as illusory appearances in consciousness that never happens.
There is nothing before or after Consciousness. This Oneness / Consciousness cannot be diminished by spatial separation caused by objective conceptual speak because that too is all One Invisible Unitary Consciousness in action. ...
Arising_uk wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:04 amHave you really never seen a dead body?
As a conscious observer aka (witness) ... no death has ever been seen...death is a concept known by consciousness but that which is known has no knowing or experience of anything.. be that death or living...for consciousness is all there IS the only knowing there is... Consciousness is neither dead nor alive...it just IS without knowing ...ALL KNOWLEDGE is an illusory appearance in THIS Not-knowing..
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:04 amConsider the language that you are talking and thinking with, if there was only a one consciousness it could not create that which you are thinking and talking with as it would have no need nor even the capability of producing such a language, as our language is for the purpose of communicating our individual subjective experiences of reality to others.
That's why the creation of language is just an artifical fictional story weaved by empty consciousness..there is the misperception via the mind that the perceiver is an actual body, and the body is a person who can speak, but no perceiver has ever been perceived ...the person is part of the conceptual language that is artificially created via the mind which is empty perception.

It is language alone that has artifically created the division aka duality where there is none...as words are dual by their very nature...but words are empty... but what can the mind do with empty? ...it fills it up with more emptiness via concepts, thinking they are somethings...without realising that the mind is as empty as the concepts themselves, concepts are knowledge and knowledge informs no one the illusory nature of reality in that it is not two it's one. There can only be one undivided reality logically speaking, which is actually the indivisible source of all apparent division...Zero cannot be divided not even by itself...even One cannot be divided for that would then only be two halves of the same One. One and Zero are synonymous with Awareness and Consciousness....in that when Unborn Un-knowing Awareness knows sensation on contact Consciousness is born...a birth appearing within the unborn...but there is no actual divison there...for both zero and one are the SAME identical reality...aka (the empty mirror image of each other, nothing appearing as everything which is nothing)

Words are just sound, sound is just more appearance of the silence that is inseparable from it...so all subjective communication is actually consciousness interacting with itself as it becomes aware of it's own self-created self aware echo chamber within itself aka the illusion of other speakers..in reality there is no one speaking but silence itself.

Arising_uk..If you want to talk about individual consciousnesses existing independantly of one another, then you the believer have to explain how that is possible and not just assume it to be true. Start a new thread on it, if that's what you strongly believe.