Einstein on the train

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Einstein on the train

Post by Age »

Univalence wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:57 am
Age wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:56 am But that is NOT a belief.
Why do you believe that it isn't a belief?
But I do NOT.

Why do you assume or believe otherwise?
Age wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:56 am Are you NOT able to understand that?
If I understood why you believe that you don't have any beliefs I wouldn't be asking you these clarifying questions.
But I neither believe nor disbelieve any thing, and you obviously can NOT comprehend, understand, nor accept that, so you will probably keep asking these nonsensical, off topic questions.
Univalence

Post by Univalence »

Age wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:39 pm But I neither believe nor disbelieve any thing
Why do you believe that you neither believe nor disbelieve anything?
Univalence

Post by Univalence »

Age wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:39 pm
Age wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:56 am But that is NOT a belief.
But I do NOT.
EXACTLY! That's what I have been pointing out all along!

You do NOT believe that this isn't a belief.

Therefore you DO believe that this is a belief.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:04 pm
Age wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:15 am If I am certain or sure of some thing or not, then that does NOT relate to belief, from my perspective.
Your "perspective" couldn't be more dishonest and delusional then. Being certain of some thing or not is the quintessence of belief.
Is that what it is to you?

It is certainly NOT that to me.

Are you at all aware that to believe that one's own personal perspective is the actual and real Truth of things while believing that "others" perspective is dishonest and delusional is the quintessence of being delusional, itself?

Atla wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:04 pmWhat if the thing you are certain of is actually wrong?
But I would not be certain of any thing if it could be wrong, obviously.

Post by Age »

Univalence wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:46 pm
Age wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:39 pm
But I do NOT.
EXACTLY! That's what I have been pointing out all along!

You do NOT believe that this isn't a belief.

Therefore you DO believe that this is a belief.
Is that what you believe?
Univalence

Post by Univalence »

Age wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:49 pm Is that what you believe?
Is this a rhetorical question?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:47 pm ...
You could be wrong even if you're certain, obviously.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:36 pm
But why would YOU be certain of some thing, if it could be wrong, anyway?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:45 pm
Atla wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 1:36 pm
But why would YOU be certain of some thing, if it could be wrong, anyway?
You are the one who said that if you're certain of something, then that's not belief.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Age wrote:
Obviously if the so called knowledge base that one has at any particular point could be WRONG then WHY use it at all
Because that is all there is at any given time and also because it may only be wrong in part not in whole
And any so called knowledge that is wrong will not be known to be so until it has actually been falsified
Knowledge acquisition in science is therefore an ongoing process so it is important to keep an open mind
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
Why not just always remain OPEN instead
I am open to anything that is actually possible but not to anything else
To be completely open would mean accepting all types of contradictions

For example I am not open to the idea that I dont exist because I obviously do
Even if I am nothing more that just a brain in a vat then I still exist in that form

And on a conceptual level I am not open to the idea that there are square circles for example
Because the physical description of a square and a circle require them to be mutually exclusive

You can therefore remain open while at the same time rejecting anything that is demonstrably false such as the above
Being open doesnt mean you have to accept the possibility of absolutely everything being true as that is simply absurd
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
An inability to answer clarifying questions can show just how little actual evidence one has for their position
as well as show just how little they actually know about the position that they are trying so hard to hold onto
I am not holding onto anything at all though am I ? I think the observable Universe is expanding based on the available evidence but if it isnt and new evidence demonstrates this then I will accept that position instead when it becomes knowledge. The expansion of the Universe is therefore not a position I am trying so hard to hold onto as you claim. I am simply going where the evidence goes. If that evidence is wrong I dont actually know it is - which is why until I do I will carry on accepting it - this is how science actually works
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
It is like your so called paradoxes which you human beings go on about When LOOKED AT from the Truly OPEN perspective there is NOT even
an issue there as it is usually just the mis / placement of a few words that has tricked you ALL into seeing some thing which is NOT really there
I agree with this now even though I previously gave a false denifition of what a paradox actually was
So anyone that exists in relation to physical reality is no more than an ambiguously worded definition
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
Remember it is I who has answered just about EVERY clarifying question asked to me. And if anyone cares to go back through my writings and SEE just how many of clarifying questions asked to me that I have answered compared to any of you human beings and how many clarifying questions
of mine asked to you have answered then who is afraid and fearful and who is NOT can and will be CLEARLY SEEN
I dont answer most of your clarifying questions because I just dont have the energy to
It has therefore got absolutely nothing to do with being afraid - whatever that means
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
The same goes with ALL so called problems. There are NO real problems in Life as ALL of them can be very quickly resolved that is once again once you have the KNOW HOW of HOW to do it Again it is ALL very simple and easy to learn when you are Truly OPEN Honest and Want to change for the better. Until that time comes for you you will all just continue on doing what you are doing now
Not all problems are automatically going to be solved any easier simply by being truly open
Having an open mind does help but one also needs understanding of problems to solve them