"NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Quirk

Post by Dubious »

"When I sleep, however, I'm essentially gone, knowing nuthin'. In a certain sense, I'm just meat but still a person, yeah?"

No, you're not gone since sleep is a biological necessity in which there's a huge amount of brain processes going on simultaneously including seeing and remembering people and events from your past. Learning itself depends on what the brain does during sleep. When I sleep I'm never gone, knowing nuthin. There's always the subterranean channel of consciousness which keeps operating just like your autonomous functions that keep you breathing and your heart beating. The ONLY time I was "essentially gone, knowing nuthin" was when I was put under for an operation. Then there really was nuthin, neither time nor space. Whether out for 5 minutes or 5 years would have been the same to me.
Harbal

Re: Harbal

Post by Harbal »

henry quirk wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:55 pm
Here, in the US, certain states would make it so a baby can be aborted right before delivery.
I would draw the line well before then, henry, but it is not my place to draw it anywhere, although I can see why the law has to. Like you, I have an opinion, but I don't think I have a right to impose that opinion on anyone else. I think the last word belongs to the individual concerned.
henry quirk

Dub

Post by henry quirk »

"The ONLY time I was "essentially gone, knowing nuthin" was when I was put under for an operation. Then there really was nuthin, neither time nor space. Whether out for 5 minutes or 5 years would have been the same to me."

Would it have been okay to end you then?
henry quirk

Harbal

Post by henry quirk »

"I think the last word belongs to the individual concerned."

No one gets to justly decide if I live or die if I've done nuthin' to forfeit my live.

I'm inclined to say the same applies to what a pregnant woman carries.

#

"it is not my place to draw it anywhere"

Why? You wouldn't stand still while a mom smothered her newborn, yeah?
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Harbal

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harbal wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:02 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:55 pm
Here, in the US, certain states would make it so a baby can be aborted right before delivery.
I would draw the line well before then, henry, but it is not my place to draw it anywhere, although I can see why the law has to. Like you, I have an opinion, but I don't think I have a right to impose that opinion on anyone else. I think the last word belongs to the individual concerned.
If the moron said that then he's lying as usual, (or thinks that 24 weeks is a full term pregnancy). That wouldn't be an abortion it's an induction, and inductions happen all the time. The 'skull-crushing at nine months' scenario (which has never happened and never will happen) is simply anti-choicers exploiting legalese. If they were really concerned then they wouldn't be screeching to have Roe v Wade overturned, which is what the New York bill is a direct response to.
Still, late term scenarios for whatever reason have NOTHING to do with the vast majority of women, who terminate in the first trimester.
Dubious

Re: Dub

Post by Dubious »

Dubious wrote...

"The ONLY time I was "essentially gone, knowing nuthin" was when I was put under for an operation. Then there really was nuthin, neither time nor space. Whether out for 5 minutes or 5 years would have been the same to me."

Quirk...Would it have been okay to end you then?[/quote]

To anyone in a temporary state of non-existence it would not have made the slightest difference had it extended into eternity.

Nothing which follows nothing still equals NOTHING!
vegetariantaxidermy

Dubious wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:30 pm Dubious wrote...
Henry wrote ↓

Quirk...Would it have been okay to end you then?
Henry wrote ↑

To anyone in a temporary state of non-existence it would not have made the slightest difference had it extended into eternity.

Nothing which follows nothing still equals NOTHING!
[/quote]

:lol: So true. I knew an elderly woman who went to hospital to have minor surgery and unexpectly died on the operating table. She simply went under anaesthetic and never came out of it. What a brilliant way to go.
henry quirk

I wrote: certain states would make it so a baby can be aborted right before delivery.

Post by henry quirk »

Here's one...

Virginia House Bill 2491

Kathy Tran, a Democrat, was elected to the Virginia House of Delegates in 2017, one of a record 28 women chosen for the legislative chamber that year. She introduced HB 2491 earlier this year, and in a committee hearing on Monday, she was questioned about the bill by fellow delegate Todd Gilbert, a Republican.

“How late in the third trimester could a physician perform an abortion if he indicated it would impair the mental health of the woman?” Gilbert asked.

“Through the third trimester,” Tran responded. “The third trimester goes all the way up to 40 weeks.”

“Where it’s obvious that a woman is about to give birth,” Gilbert then asked, “would that still be a point at which she could request an abortion if she was so certified? She’s dilating.”

“My bill would allow that,” Tran said.
henry quirk

Dub

Post by henry quirk »

You: "The ONLY time I was "essentially gone, knowing nuthin" was when I was put under for an operation. Then there really was nuthin, neither time nor space. Whether out for 5 minutes or 5 years would have been the same to me."

Me: Would it have been okay to end you then?

You: To anyone in a temporary state of non-existence it would not have made the slightest difference had it extended into eternity.

Mebbe so, but that's not an answer to my question. See, I don't think it would be okay to off you while you were unconscious, on the table, in the surgery. I think I'd have an obligation to intervene. Mebbe you'd prefer I didn't?
Walker

Re: I wrote: certain states would make it so a baby can be aborted right before delivery.

Post by Walker »

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:25 am Here's one...

Virginia House Bill 2491

Kathy Tran, a Democrat, was elected to the Virginia House of Delegates in 2017, one of a record 28 women chosen for the legislative chamber that year. She introduced HB 2491 earlier this year, and in a committee hearing on Monday, she was questioned about the bill by fellow delegate Todd Gilbert, a Republican.

“How late in the third trimester could a physician perform an abortion if he indicated it would impair the mental health of the woman?” Gilbert asked.

“Through the third trimester,” Tran responded. “The third trimester goes all the way up to 40 weeks.”

“Where it’s obvious that a woman is about to give birth,” Gilbert then asked, “would that still be a point at which she could request an abortion if she was so certified? She’s dilating.”

“My bill would allow that,” Tran said.
This indicates late-term abortions are more common than many folks believe, probably because procrastinating tendencies can be magnified by drug-abuse, as the problem grows, as the beat goes on. Heartbeat, that is.
RCSaunders

Re: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION

Post by RCSaunders »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:40 pm
A human must discover how to live and then choose to do it.
How does he do that, though?
The same way he learns and discovers everything else. He uses is mind.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: "NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS", HERE'S THE SIMPLE TRUTH ABOUT ABORTION

As it has been pointed out umpteen times to the religioturd males on here that whether abortion is legal or not makes no difference to the number of abortions, therefore it stands to reason that they are more than happy for women to die along with their embryos.
So much for their weasly proclamations of the 'sanctity of life'.
What a bunch of dirty rotten hypocrites.

Just look at these revolting hypocrites, and it's only the tip of the iceberg:

Dubious

Post by Dubious »

henry quirk wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:32 am You: "The ONLY time I was "essentially gone, knowing nuthin" was when I was put under for an operation. Then there really was nuthin, neither time nor space. Whether out for 5 minutes or 5 years would have been the same to me."

Me: Would it have been okay to end you then?
Not unless I signed in to be euthanized. But, as mentioned, once on the table it's a matter of total indifference whether I come back or never.

You: To anyone in a temporary state of non-existence it would not have made the slightest difference had it extended into eternity.

Mebbe so, but that's not an answer to my question. See, I don't think it would be okay to off you while you were unconscious, on the table, in the surgery. I think I'd have an obligation to intervene. Mebbe you'd prefer I didn't?
I'm sure there's a bunch here who'd have no objections and if my awareness of being didn't exist for some reason then neither would I! :lol:

Walker

Re: Pregnant man

Post by Walker »

Here’s a confusing article of pronoun chaos.

Nurse mistakes pregnant transgender man as obese. Then, the man births a stillborn baby
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 692201002/
Harbal

Re: Pregnant man

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 10:52 am Here’s a confusing article of pronoun chaos.

Nurse mistakes pregnant transgender man as obese. Then, the man births a stillborn baby
Yes, I think I saw this in one of the tabloids, headlined, "Fatty has miscarriage in gender mixup".