Einstein on the train

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Einstein on the train

Post by Age »

uwot wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:39 pm
Age wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 pmThere is a part where you say; The Universe is getting bigger. Now, would you like to clarify what the actual Truth IS?
Again:
uwot wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:18 amFucking hell, you bonehead! Which bit of 'Einstein on the train and other stories' do you not understand?
Clearly you can NOT and will NOT answer the question here because the Honest and Truthful answer goes against your very own view and position.

Post by Age »

Univalence wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:10 pm Searching for Truth (with a capital T). The 21st century equivalent of searching for God (with a capital G).

Dogma either way. Perhaps it's worth inventing a new philosophical position?

Atruism. The rejection of Truth.
I do NOT have a philosophical position. I also am NOT searching for Truth. The Truth is already here.

By the way, why did you leave? And then decide to come back?

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:03 pm Truth with a T is only true for the one claiming it to be so and could actually be false
I prefer knowledge with a k because while not as sexy as Truth it is way more reliable
Truth with a capital T might mean that for you, but Truth means other things for "others". For example 'Truth' for some means ONLY 'that', what is agreed with by ALL.

'Knowledge' and 'knowledge' also mean different things to different people, which is just another, of the countless other many, Truth of things, which some people, by the way, will refuse to accept and agree with.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:22 pm
Age wrote:
To me an OBSERVED red shift does NOT mean that the Universe is expanding just like an OBSERVED sun revolving around the earth
and an OBSERVED flat earth does NOT mean that they are the case. As I have POINTED OUT ALREADY because of optical illusions
that what is OBSERVED may be just NOT the actual and real Truth of things
Knowledge is never absolute so what is regarded as being true may subsequently turn out to be false
Thank you. That is ALL I have been pointing out and saying.

Now I have also been asking; why not just always remain OPEN instead of regarding some thing as being true especially when considering the actual and real Truth is you do NOT even know if it is true or not?
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:22 pmThis is because scientists can only work from within the knowledge base that exists at any given time
This is just an attempt to TRY and "justify" one's own wrong behaviours.

Obviously if the so called "knowledge base" that one has at any particular point could be WRONG, then WHY use it all?

I will ask again; Why not just always remain OPEN instead?

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:37 pm
Age wrote:
You can keep believing that you have the current best explanation for as long as you want. But the earth is flat and the sun revolves around the earth were also at those times the current best explanation also. Just like you propose expansion is currently the so best explanation that you
have in those times when this is written
Knowledge increases over time which is why in science it is better not to regard anything as ever being absolutely true
The more evidence there is for something the more likely it is to be true - but science does not deal in absolute truth
So, considering that there is absolutely NO actual evidence that the Universe is expanding, then nothing more really needs to be said regarding this, correct?

Also obviously the people who do science do NOT deal in absolute Truth because so called absolute Truth is beyond science. Truth speaks for Itself, and therefore does NOT human beings TRY TO work It out.

You human beings only "study" and TRY TO work out what you do NOT understand and are confused about.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:45 pm
Age wrote:
By the way from what you have said here you must have missed when I have said that just because some thing is observed these observations do NOT make what is observed the actual Truth. In case you are unaware there is a thing called optical illusions. Evidence of this is the earth was observed to be flat. The sun was also observed to revolve around the earth. Should these observations be ignored or accepted also
They should be ignored because they are both demonstrably false
The expansion of the observable Universe is not demonstrably false so that cannot be ignored
If at some future point it becomes falsified then it will be discarded however not before then
But the expansion of the Universe 'optical illusion' can be and has already been very easily falsified. But like the other two examples it takes some time to SHOW what the actual Truth IS to some people, and this is because some people BELIEVE they already KNOW what is true.

Just like it is impossible to explain to a person HOW the earth is NOT flat who BELIEVES otherwise and thus NOT OPEN, it is just as impossible to explain to a person HOW the Universe is NOT expanding when they BELIEVE otherwise. If a person is NOT OPEN, then they will just NOT listen. As evidenced here, in this forum, many times already.

Post by Age »

Greta wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:51 pm You are babbling, Age. I had to scroll down a fair way to find anything with enough content to prompt a reply.
Age wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 8:10 amAs I have POINTED OUT ALREADY because of 'optical illusions' 'that' what is OBSERVED may be just NOT the actual and real Truth of things.
You capitalised the wrong words, rendering the sentence a little hysterical and incoherent. I can help:

"As I have pointed out already because of optical illusions, that which is observed MAY be just not the actual and real truth".

MAY is the key word. However, the evidence is pointing the other way.
This just means I HAVE TO capitalise MORE words for people like YOU.

I have ALWAYS used words like MAY, MIGHT, and COULD, which is EXACTLY what YOU adult human beings do NOT do when YOU say things like: The Universe BEGAN, The earth IS flat, The earth IS the centre of the Universe, and/or The Universe IS expanding.

When YOU STOP being so closed and OPEN UP, then YOU will SEE why you human beings are still so lost and confused about things, even though you have been "studying" the "world" around you for hundreds of thousands of years now.

By the way, what actual evidence do you HAVE that the Universe is expanding?

Your lack of answering this question will PROVE just how much evidence you actually have.
Greta

Wow

Post by Greta »

Post by Age »

An inability to answer clarifying questions can show just how little actual evidence one has, for their position, as well as show just how little they actually know about the position that they are trying so hard to hold onto.
Univalence

Post by Univalence »

Age wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:18 am An inability to answer clarifying questions can show just how little actual evidence one has, for their position, as well as show just how little they actually know about the position that they are trying so hard to hold onto.
You have been unable to answer any clarifying questions about your position of “being open”.

Post by Age »

Univalence wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:29 am
Age wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:18 am An inability to answer clarifying questions can show just how little actual evidence one has, for their position, as well as show just how little they actually know about the position that they are trying so hard to hold onto.
You have been unable to answer any clarifying questions about your position of “being open”.
I have NOT been asked a clarifying question yet about this that i can recall.

If you know of any, then why do you not bring it to all of our attention?

And remember you have NOT answered ONE of my clarifying questions asked to you.
Univalence

Post by Univalence »

Age wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:13 pm I have NOT been asked a clarifying question yet about this that i can recall.

Could you clarify to us if talking to you is a waste of time?

Also. Do you know what a rhetorical question is?
Last edited by Univalence on Sat May 18, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Age »

Univalence wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:17 pm
Age wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:13 pm I have NOT been asked a clarifying question yet about this that i can recall.

When are you going to answer the clarifying questions asked to you?

Post by Age »

Univalence wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:17 pm

Also. Do you know what a rhetorical question is?
No.

What is a rhetorical question, to you?
Univalence

Post by Univalence »

Age wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:19 pm What is a rhetorical question, to you?
This is a rhetorical question: Could you clarify to us if talking to you is a waste of time?
Last edited by Univalence on Sat May 18, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.