Agent Orange illiterate?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

gaffo

Agent Orange illiterate?

Post by gaffo »

not only a Manchurian candidate, but illiterate too?

maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd79UsXSLWg
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Agent Orange illiterate?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

How ironic, an American criticising Trump's grasp of English :lol:
I mean, compared to the average American, Trump is possibly a genius :D
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:15 am I mean, compared to the average American, Trump is possibly a genius :D
...and likely the ones who may vote him back in. One would think that, as measured by what passes for normal intelligence in the communal realm, Trump wouldn't have a chance of being reelected. Unfortunately what passes for normal in the current state of the States are magnitudes below what the rest of the world defines as normal intelligence. Even their politics resembles a monkey cage with all the monkeys trying to control their uber-monkey head of state.

The genius of Trump is his ability to impress an audience with a 50 word vocabulary and by padding a single thought, if one exists, with a lot of repeats.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Americans in general greatly admire all the qualities that Trump possesses: greed, money obsession, ruthlessness (when it comes to his money), anti-intellectualism.....The only surprise is that he didn't win by a landslide. People, for some reason, assume that Hillary Clinton is highly intelligent. I don't know what they are basing that on. She's every bit as ruthless and greedy as Trump--but her greed is for power, and Americans don't like people who openly lust for power.
The more those sneering, condescending tossers in the video look down their noses at Trump for not reading 'worthy books and biographies' the more people are going to like him. That makes them the stupid ones.
I think the last time I read a biography was Kirk Douglas' autobiography (a couple of decades ago). Very interesting it was too.
Bernie Sanders is genuinely intelligent--whether one likes him or not. Unfortunately the best way to become President is by pretending to be as stupid as you can pull off. Reagan had dementia for much of his Presidency but no one minded. Americans seem to think that the neo-liberal, economy-destroying prik was the greatest human of all time.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:14 am People, for some reason, assume that Hillary Clinton is highly intelligent.
they did/do - not sure why, she is not, never heard of Metvetiev(sp) nor could pronounce his name properly months after he was the "president" of russia.

her husband was/is smart - but she ain't.

both are creeps and phonies of course.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:14 am Bernie Sanders is genuinely intelligent--whether one likes him or not.
to be honest i do not know Sanders well enough to know if he is smart or not (if you are correct - and that he is smart - i'm glad for that).

I like the guy - dumb or smart - i cannot understand how anyone could dislike him, he is likable!

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:14 am Unfortunately the best way to become President is by pretending to be as stupid as you can pull off. Reagan had dementia for much of his Presidency but no one minded. Americans seem to think that the neo-liberal, economy-destroying prik was the greatest human of all time.
personally think - yes in his second term he had early dementia - Reagan was never a smart man, but i did like him, as a likable man - though not fit for the office. same as for Carter, who i also like the character of, and though extremely smart, lack other personality traits needed for a good president (in the former's case - Reagan, he delegated too much to others and lack the intelligence to run the show - per the latter Carter, he micromanaged too much, instead of deligating. results in both cases were subpar.

heard Carter broke his hip yesterday - not good - i hope he will stay with us in spite of for a few more years, he seems a good man, such qualities for persons that were also presidents seem too rare today...............though he sucked as a president - no matter, he does not suck as a man. and that is what truly matters.

2-cents.