vegetariantaxidermy

Re: are women to blame for tyranny?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

I take that as a yes :roll:
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

Dachshund wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 6:08 am
A_Seagull wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:51 am People love to blame others for most everything.. it helps them feel good about themselves.. blame the left, blame the right, blame terrorists, blame men, blame women, blame the rich , blame the poor... etc. etc. etc..

But if you have a problem and you really want to do something about it... blame yourself.
Is that the advice you'd give to the Jews who were in Auschwitz and other Nazi concentration camps in the 1940's ?
Yes I would. Though mind you it would probably be a bit late by then. For them to blame the Nazis would be entirely useless, they were not the sort of people to take notice of a bit of criticism from the Jews.

And of course some Jews did take responsibility for the situation and wisely fled the country in the 1930's
vegetariantaxidermy

A_Seagull wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 pm
A_Seagull wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 5:51 am People love to blame others for most everything.. it helps them feel good about themselves.. blame the left, blame the right, blame terrorists, blame men, blame women, blame the rich , blame the poor... etc. etc. etc..

But if you have a problem and you really want to do something about it... blame yourself.
Is that the advice you'd give to the Jews who were in Auschwitz and other Nazi concentration camps in the 1940's ?
Yes I would. Though mind you it would probably be a bit late by then. For them to blame the Nazis would be entirely useless, they were not the sort of people to take notice of a bit of criticism from the Jews.

And of course some Jews did take responsibility for the situation and wisely fled the country in the 1930's
The ones who were able to. I love it when people say 'they should have left' as if it was an easy task. And go where? Countries either slammed their doors shut or allowed so few in as to be a drop in a bucket. The US was one of the worst culprits in this. In fact the US was very anti-semitic at that time and only entered the war because it was butt-hurt over Pearl Harbour, otherwise it didn't give a rat's arse what was happening to Jews.
Walker

Post by Walker »

The principle is, narrative trumps reality.

Here’s yet another example of the applied principle.

Rashida Tlaib Falsely Claims Palestinians Gave Jews ‘Safe Haven’ After Holocaust

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019 ... holocaust/
Walker

Re: are women to blame for tranny?

Post by Walker »

For "y's" of a particular bent, probably.
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:04 pm

The ones who were able to. I love it when people say 'they should have left' as if it was an easy task.
While I am always happy to bring joy to contributors to this forum, it should be noted that I did not say 'they should have left', in fact I said nothing like that, nor is it what I intended to say nor even what I might have said, in fact it is quite contrary to what I said.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

yep.

and so any preacher that is irate about homos............is gay. Ted Haggard anyone?

etc.

of course the solution is to know yourself - and if you must convict, to so to yourself.

otherwise shut the fk up!!!!!!

unless you walked over the coals of self knowledge, gathered wisdom from that travail and learned to love yourself including the many shortcommings...............and then after seeing others in the streets raping and pillaging, THEN you have the right (and imperitive?) - to call our the Nazis in your midsts(sp) - fk i hate my dyslexia (and myself for it - yrs ago....)- though forgive myself for lacking the mind to know how to spell................so you figure out the word i intend - i sure you can.
vegetariantaxidermy

A_Seagull wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:38 am

The ones who were able to. I love it when people say 'they should have left' as if it was an easy task.
While I am always happy to bring joy to contributors to this forum, it should be noted that I did not say 'they should have left', in fact I said nothing like that, nor is it what I intended to say nor even what I might have said, in fact it is quite contrary to what I said.
I know what you said.
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 4:55 am
A_Seagull wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 3:38 am

I know what you said.
Well if that is the case why were you so crass as to misquote me, even to the extent of including quotation marks. Not an appropriate way of participating in a philosophy forum which is supposed to be a rational discourse for reasonably intelligent and knowledgeable people..... Another one for the iggy list.
vegetariantaxidermy

Yes I would.
Though mind you it would probably be a bit late by then. For them to blame the Nazis would be entirely useless, they were not the sort of people to take notice of a bit of criticism from the Jews.

Would you care to translate what you wrote then? If you wrote what you actually meant then you would be less likely to be 'misunderstood'.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

A_Seagull wrote:

https://www.ushmm.org/educators/teachin ... ons#answer 2
https://www.nytimes.com/1991/07/02/opin ... 78991.html
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... -holocaust
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:01 am
A_Seagull wrote:

https://www.ushmm.org/educators/teachin ... ons#answer 2
https://www.nytimes.com/1991/07/02/opin ... 78991.html
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... -holocaust
I don't follow links.. but thank you....
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

A_Seagull wrote: I don't follow links.. but thank you....
Well long story short. Most of the Jews in Germany had been there for generations, their grandparents had fought heroically in the first world war and they mistakenly belived that the Germans would oppose fascism in the end, the Nazi were nor stupid and moved in small increments so the true threat was not apparent until too late whereupon they confiscated most of their money, goods and businesses making it pretty much impossible to meet the immigration requirements of most countries and those countries pretty much refused entry to them. Those who did run to countries such as France found the war caught up with them and they were rounded up by the Nazi collaborators to be exterminated.
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:39 pm
A_Seagull wrote: I don't follow links.. but thank you....
Well long story short. Most of the Jews in Germany had been there for generations, their grandparents had fought heroically in the first world war and they mistakenly belived that the Germans would oppose fascism in the end, the Nazi were nor stupid and moved in small increments so the true threat was not apparent until too late whereupon they confiscated most of their money, goods and businesses making it pretty much impossible to meet the immigration requirements of most countries and those countries pretty much refused entry to them. Those who did run to countries such as France found the war caught up with them and they were rounded up by the Nazi collaborators to be exterminated.
Thank you for your succinct summary.

I am not saying that there were, or are, any easy answers. I am just saying that blaming others is not a potent strategy, particularly if it is the only one used.

The Jews in Germany were a clearly identifiable sub group, through their clothes, where they lived and who they married. One cannot change the past but one can learn lessons for the present. Is it a good idea for a sub group in a country to be clearly identifiable as a sub group, to separate themselves from the general population through their clothes and have a preference for their children to marry within their sub group? Most of the time it is absolutely fine. But when problems occur, as in Germany after WW1 when there were huge problems, is it possible that identifiable sub groups could be blamed by a populace that knows no better?