Logik's guide to successful detox from Philosophy Now

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Logik

Logik's guide to successful detox from Philosophy Now

Post by Logik »

1. Obtain a temporary e-mail address at https://www.guerrillamail.com
2. Edit your profile and update your e-mail address to the temporary one above.
3. Follow activation instructions in the message received at https://www.guerrillamail.com
4. Generate random password at https://passwordsgenerator.net/ (DO NOT write this down)
5. Edit your profile and update your password.
6. Logout

If it works this post should be final.
FlashDangerpants

Re: Logik's guide to successful detox from Philosophy Now

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Atla

Post by Atla »

7. Register with a third nick within a week, and pretend to be someone else again. Who else could make the forum more toxic.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Or just don't login in. :roll:

Although personally I don't see Login as toxic. You may not agree with him but with respect to Logic, Philosophy of Maths and Epistemology he's been one of our more lucid contributors for a very long time, philosophically that is.
Last edited by Arising_uk on Wed May 01, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:36 pm Or just don't login in. :roll:

Although personally I don't see Login as toxic. You may not agree with him but with respect to Logic, Philosophy of Maths and Epistemolgy he's been one of our more lucid contributors for a very long time, philosophically that is.
He was factually wrong about most of the things he wrote and usually didn't even possess the ability to make sense. He also never wrote anything philosophical because he doesn't understand what that is.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Most of what he writes about is concerned with computer science and its relationship to logic, metaphysics, maths and epistemology and by an' large he presents a fairly consistent philosophical position and makes a fair amount of sense with respect to his position on those subjects.
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

Logik wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:01 pm 1. Obtain a temporary e-mail address at https://www.guerrillamail.com
2. Edit your profile and update your e-mail address to the temporary one above.
3. Follow activation instructions in the message received at https://www.guerrillamail.com
4. Generate random password at https://passwordsgenerator.net/ (DO NOT write this down)
5. Edit your profile and update your password.
6. Logout

If it works this post should be final.
What are you meaning here? What is 'detox' in context to this site?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

He means this site is addictive. :)
Atla

Post by Atla »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:29 pm Most of what he writes about is concerned with computer science and its relationship to logic, metaphysics, maths and epistemology and by an' large he presents a fairly consistent philosophical position and makes a fair amount of sense with respect to his position on those subjects.
He's just making the whole thing up to deceive people, he never formally studied computer sciences.
He doesn't understand the difference between physical and Shannon information, he doesn't understand what bits are, he doesn't understand how computers are built, he doesn't understand that the human brain/mind isn't a computer. He doesn't understand that current computers can't code meaning, he doesn't understand how computer programs actually work, his Python examples are merely tricks that demonstrate nothing.
just to mention a few
-1-

Post by -1- »

Atla wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:49 pm
He (Logik) was factually wrong about most of the things he wrote and usually didn't even possess the ability to make sense. He also never wrote anything philosophical because he doesn't understand what that is.
I would be the last one to come to rescue Logic, but I have to give it to him that I also don't know what philosophical entails.

The "love of wisdom" is just an atavistic, anachronistic root that does not apply any more, methinks. To me, philosophy is more like proving to those present that the self is the most intelligent one in the crowd, and that is done by successfully shooting down others' ideas.

The funny thing is, that by the time a philosopher or a student of philosophy reaches the debate stage of his learning curve, he or she can't change her or his views, on any topic. So all arguments are futile, but they still go on.

This is what philosophy is to me.
Atla

Post by Atla »

-1- wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:20 pm
Atla wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 4:49 pm
He (Logik) was factually wrong about most of the things he wrote and usually didn't even possess the ability to make sense. He also never wrote anything philosophical because he doesn't understand what that is.
I would be the last one to come to rescue Logic, but I have to give it to him that I also don't know what philosophical entails.

The "love of wisdom" is just an atavistic, anachronistic root that does not apply any more, methinks. To me, philosophy is more like proving to those present that the self is the most intelligent one in the crowd, and that is done by successfully shooting down others' ideas.

The funny thing is, that by the time a philosopher or a student of philosophy reaches the debate stage of his learning curve, he or she can't change her or his views, on any topic. So all arguments are futile, but they still go on.

This is what philosophy is to me.
I mean that Logik literally can't "philosophize" because his brain can't really process meaning / interpretation / context / metaphysics.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Atla wrote:He's just making the whole thing up to deceive people, he never formally studied computer sciences. ...
Then he's done a reasonable job as an autodidact.
He doesn't understand the difference between physical and Shannon information, ...
What's physical information?
he doesn't understand what bits are, ...
And by 'bits' you mean? But you'd have to show me where he demonstrates this.
he doesn't understand how computers are built, ...
And again.
he doesn't understand that the human brain/mind isn't a computer. ...
But human brains/minds appear able to do very large computations? Still, it all depends upon what you mean by a 'computer' as the CNS appears to be a massively distributed parallel processor.
He doesn't understand that current computers can't code meaning, ...
How do we 'code' meaning?
he doesn't understand how computer programs actually work, his Python examples are merely tricks that demonstrate nothing. ...
Apart from demonstrating that he knows how computer programs actually work?
just to mention a few
I haven't really been following your posts with him so if you get the time post up the relevant ones that support what you say please.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Atla wrote: I mean that Logik literally can't "philosophize" because his brain can't really process meaning / interpretation / context / metaphysics.
But pretty much all his posts were about what processing meaning, interpretation, context and metaphyics are from his philosophic viewpoint?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:31 pm
Atla wrote:He's just making the whole thing up to deceive people, he never formally studied computer sciences. ...
Then he's done a reasonable job as an autodidact.
He doesn't understand the difference between physical and Shannon information, ...
What's physical information?
he doesn't understand what bits are, ...
And by 'bits' you mean? But you'd have to show me where he demonstrates this.
he doesn't understand how computers are built, ...
And again.
he doesn't understand that the human brain/mind isn't a computer. ...
But human brains/minds appear able to do very large computations? Still, it all depends upon what you mean by a 'computer' as the CNS appears to be a massively distributed parallel processor.
He doesn't understand that current computers can't code meaning, ...
How do we 'code' meaning?
he doesn't understand how computer programs actually work, his Python examples are merely tricks that demonstrate nothing. ...
Apart from demonstrating that he knows how computer programs actually work?
just to mention a few
I haven't really been following your posts with him so if you get the time post up the relevant ones that support what you say please.
If you are really interested and sincere which I doubt of course, then you can read up my "conversations" with him on his Timeseeker account. But I was basically just curious to figure out his particular braindamage, it's very rare to see someone with high IQ yet totally incapable of processing logic and meaning/context.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 9:34 pm
Atla wrote: I mean that Logik literally can't "philosophize" because his brain can't really process meaning / interpretation / context / metaphysics.
But pretty much all his posts were about what processing meaning, interpretation, context and metaphyics are from his philosophic viewpoint?
Well he had to artificially recreate these brain/mind functions for many years, probably all his life, to be highly functional.