Does Jesus/Yahweh love us or is he stalking us?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Love without reciprocity, works and deeds, according to scriptures and Jesus’ own words, not that a supernatural Jesus ever existed, is not a true love.

All you need to do, to know the truth of that notion; is to look at your own standards of love. You would not love someone who does not return that love, as that is more a stalkers kind of love.

Some Christians and other believers will not see that. Most who are not led by faith, generally accept the truth stated above.

This link, in its message, gives about the same notion.

[img]Does Jesus/Yahweh love us or is he stalking us?

Love without reciprocity, works and deeds, according to scriptures and Jesus’ own words, not that a supernatural Jesus ever existed, is not a true love.

All you need to do, to know the truth of that notion; is to look at your own standards of love. You would not love someone who does not return that love, as that is more a stalkers kind of love.

Some Christians and other believers will not see that. Most who are not led by faith, generally accept the truth stated above.

This link, in its message, gives about the same notion.

http://imgur.com/a/CIce4

Your thoughts?

Regards
DL
HexHammer

Re: Does Jesus/Yahweh love us or is he stalking us?

Post by HexHammer »

Why do you always ask sub par questions and even self explanatory questions?!?! It's like you use this forum as an external brain because you can't think for yourself.

If you pulled your head out of your ass, you would note the world is fucked, mass shootings, terrorist attacks, pestilences, global warming etc etc!

11 Then I asked, “How long, O Lord?”

And He replied,

“Until cities lie in ruins without an inhabitant, until the houses are left unoccupied, and the land is desolate and ravaged, 12 until the LORD has driven men far away, and the land is utterly forsaken. 13 And though a tenth remains in the land, it will be burned again. As the terebinth and oak leaf
tumps when felled, so the holy seed will be a stump in the land.”

Does this seem reasonable to you? It's the will of a very jealous god that doesn't like to talk about it and be understanding, no harsh punishment for even the slightest mistake, just like he punished Saul for his good intend.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:30 am
Why do you always ask sub par questions and even self explanatory questions?!?! It's like you use this forum as an external brain because you can't think for yourself.

If you pulled your head out of your ass, you would note the world is fucked, mass shootings, terrorist attacks, pestilences, global warming etc etc!
If you pulled your head out of your ass, you would see that almost every marker for evils like poverty, death by violence including war, crimes, and slavery are all at the best per capita position that man has ever enjoyed. But I guess your head is to far up your own ass to think of checking stats before making a fool of yourself.
11 Then I asked, “How long, O Lord?”

And He replied,

“Until cities lie in ruins without an inhabitant, until the houses are left unoccupied, and the land is desolate and ravaged, 12 until the LORD has driven men far away, and the land is utterly forsaken. 13 And though a tenth remains in the land, it will be burned again. As the terebinth and oak leaf
tumps when felled, so the holy seed will be a stump in the land.”

Does this seem reasonable to you? It's the will of a very jealous god that doesn't like to talk about it and be understanding, no harsh punishment for even the slightest mistake, just like he punished Saul for his good intend.
People like you who cannot read or do research see a half empty glass when in fact it is full.

I have links if you are to stup[id to do your own research. Ask nice and I might give them to you.

Regards
DL
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:23 am People like you who cannot read or do research see a half empty glass when in fact it is full.

I have links if you are to stup[id to do your own research. Ask nice and I might give them to you.
You make no sense what so ever!
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

HexHammer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:34 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:23 am People like you who cannot read or do research see a half empty glass when in fact it is full.

You make no sense what so ever!
I see that reading comprehension is not your forte.

Regards
DL
roydop

Post by roydop »

You are "god".

The purpose of this life is to emerge from the delusion that Self is body/mind.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

roydop wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:54 pm You are "god".

IMO, god can only exist in our minds. That is basically how the Gnostic Christian ideology states it.

Do you see a god outside of you and your mind?

If so, state where.

Regards
DL
roydop

Post by roydop »

Greatest I am wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:04 pm

IMO, god can only exist in our minds. That is basically how the Gnostic Christian ideology states it.

If so, state where.

Regards
DL
Mind and body arise from me/Self. Concepts of god are a result of the feeling humans have that we have forgotten something but we're not sure what that something is. We are beginning to remember our divinity, but still haven't yet fully realized it.

The Self is "god", but not yet fully realizing it we externalize It.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Neither since one is only human and the other one never existed.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

roydop wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:22 pm

If so, state where.

Regards
DL
Mind and body arise from me/Self. Concepts of god are a result of the feeling humans have that we have forgotten something but we're not sure what that something is. We are beginning to remember our divinity, but still haven't yet fully realized it.

That is the Gnostic Christian view.

Stevan Davies. The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the savior’s journey from above is actually one’s own journey from within.

Regards
DL
Last edited by Greatest I am on Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dubious wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:05 am Neither since one is only human and the other one never existed.
Thanks for this.

What impression does the bible leave you with though; lover or stalker?

Regards
DL
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:11 pm
Dubious wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:05 am Neither since one is only human and the other one never existed.
Thanks for this.

Regards
DL
In the OT there is no love for Yahweh's Chosen People being ever ready to exterminate them for the least infringement especially when they're in the mood for a little pagan enjoyment after having to put up for so long with their despotic master. He kind of reminds me of Vlad the Impaler. Conversely the NT speaks of love much more often though it too can be on a revenge path for breaking the rules. Not least the love manifested by Jesus applies EXCLUSIVELY to the Jews and not to anyone else. Gentiles need not apply to such mercies. It was Paul who changed it and in the process created Christianity as the Catholic version of Jesus where everyone who believed was included.

Jesus would not have approved.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Greatest I am wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:09 pm

If so, state where.

Regards
DL

Stevan Davies. The savior is not a celestial being brought to earth; the savior is a capacity of the mind, and the savior’s journey from above is actually one’s own journey from within.

Regards
DL
I agree, except about the mind thing. Mind is what needs to be transcended in order to realize one's divinity.
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Dubious wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:35 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:11 pm
Thanks for this.

Regards
DL
In the OT there is no love for Yahweh's Chosen People being ever ready to exterminate them for the least infringement especially when they're in the mood for a little pagan enjoyment after having to put up for so long with their despotic master. He kind of reminds me of Vlad the Impaler. Conversely the NT speaks of love much more often though it too can be on a revenge path for breaking the rules. Not least the love manifested by Jesus applies EXCLUSIVELY to the Jews and not to anyone else. Gentiles need not apply to such mercies. It was Paul who changed it and in the process created Christianity as the Catholic version of Jesus where everyone who believed was included.

Jesus would not have approved.
That is for damned sure.

Thanks for showing a decent moral sense.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

roydop wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:09 pm
Greatest I am wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Regards
DL
I agree, except about the mind thing. Mind is what needs to be transcended in order to realize one's divinity.
I am not sure how something can enter your mind if the information, let me use vision transcends it.

I used the word vision to line up what follow from Gnostic Christianity. I don't think we have an argument but just use slightly different words.

Gnostic Jesus was questioned as to what sees the vision?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... /mary.html

The Saviour answered and said, 'He does not see through the soul nor through the spirit, but the mind which [is] between the two - that is [what] sees the vision...'

For where the mind is, there is the treasure.

Christianity does not quite agree, wording wise, with us.

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

The treasure is in you and all you know enters you through your mind and consciousness. The mind is more of where the treasure is than the heart.

Regards
DL