I'm back.

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

-1-

Re: I'm back.

Post by -1- »

thedoc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:05 pm I understand what the jeopardy was and I just said "Do it", I didn't hesitate once the situation was explained to me. Not much pain really, I was under for the cutting parts, and I was able to get Tylenol3 for the rest. Thanks.
Pardon me for dissing your doctors, but it was pretty stupid of them to force you to play Jeopardy with them at such a difficult time in your life.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hey doc. That must have been one big surprise.

What a gift you got, eh? Many more years to enjoy all the beauty in the world!
bahman

Post by bahman »

Welcome back thedoc.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

-1- wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:58 am
thedoc wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:05 pm I understand what the jeopardy was and I just said "Do it", I didn't hesitate once the situation was explained to me. Not much pain really, I was under for the cutting parts, and I was able to get Tylenol3 for the rest. Thanks.
Pardon me for dissing your doctors, but it was pretty stupid of them to force you to play Jeopardy with them at such a difficult time in your life.
What would you have me do instead? Pick before, when it didn't matter, or pick after, when it was too late. I think your comment was in poor taste.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

BTW, I had to re-register because the site did not recognize my previous user I.D. or password. I am thedoc.
AMod

Post by AMod »

I think that unlikely thedoc as I can't see that you were banned anywhere so maybe you just forgot them but welcome back.

AMod.
-1-

Post by -1- »

BardoXV wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:34 pm
What would you have me do instead? Pick before, when it didn't matter, or pick after, when it was too late. I think your comment was in poor taste.
Sorry. I made the comment in light of the fact that there is a TV show "Jeopardy", and in a jocular way I wanted to play on the word; trying to express that you had to sit down in front of the tv screen, and watch the show and try to outdo your doctors with answering a higher number of questions correctly than your doctors. My humour was lost there somewhere in the long line of lateral jumps in thinking that a person would need to make to get the joke part of the joke.

So I was not dissing your plight, your mechanism and timing of the decision you needed to make. I was, instead, trying to make a joke. The fact that the joke was lost in my text, is certainly not your fault, and I do understand that it sounded tasteless unless someone got the joke -- which I see now how nearly impossible it was to get.

I apologize for the confusion and hurt my joke has created.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

I only just noticed this thread. Welcome back thedoc! Very glad to hear you are on the mend.
duszek

Post by duszek »

Are you changing your life style somehow ?
Do you have a lesson for us ?

Some illnesses are undeserved, some are predictable.

I for example don´t have a hunch yet, but sometimes I see an elderly person so hunched that they cannot straighten up again any more so I am motivated to do something to avoid this in my life.
I invented a rowing exercise at table with two jars in my hands. I give myself points for each day and I increase the limit every month.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

A few months ago I went for a haircut with my wife. A gentleman that I would have considered older than me said "Hi Pops, How are you doing?". I said I was OK but the incident made me think that I look my age, and I'm not used to that. I certainly look older that the other person.
Last edited by BardoXV on Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BardoXV

Post by BardoXV »

-1- wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:35 am
BardoXV wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:34 pm

Sorry. I made the comment in light of the fact that there is a TV show "Jeopardy", and in a jocular way I wanted to play on the word; trying to express that you had to sit down in front of the tv screen, and watch the show and try to outdo your doctors with answering a higher number of questions correctly than your doctors. My humour was lost there somewhere in the long line of lateral jumps in thinking that a person would need to make to get the joke part of the joke.

So I was not dissing your plight, your mechanism and timing of the decision you needed to make. I was, instead, trying to make a joke. The fact that the joke was lost in my text, is certainly not your fault, and I do understand that it sounded tasteless unless someone got the joke -- which I see now how nearly impossible it was to get.

I apologize for the confusion and hurt my joke has created.
Not a problem, I have often had that trouble of trying to make a joke on a forum on the internet, it isn't easy, my failed attempts will show that. I didn't really take your comment to seriously, as I treat almost everything on a forum lightly. BTW I used to watch Jeoprady but missed the joke.
henry quirk

Doc!

Post by henry quirk »

How goes it?
BardoXV

Re: Doc!

Post by BardoXV »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:20 pm How goes it?
It's going pretty good, all things considered. I'm getting used to changing from batteries to the wall unit every night and vice-versa every morning. Also my wife is getting used to changing the dressing once a week, getting my numbers every morning and washing my hair twice a week as I'm not allowed to get wet as in swimming or a shower. It goes with the territory. It's a lot better than the alternative. The doctors said it was either the LVAD or I would last less than a week, so I chose the LVAD. The Accuchinch worked for about 3 weeks but I was too far gone for it to last for long.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

BardoXV wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:04 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:20 pm How goes it?
It's going pretty good, all things considered. I'm getting used to changing from batteries to the wall unit every night and vice-versa every morning. Also my wife is getting used to changing the dressing once a week, getting my numbers every morning and washing my hair twice a week as I'm not allowed to get wet as in swimming or a shower. It goes with the territory. It's a lot better than the alternative. The doctors said it was either the LVAD or I would last less than a week, so I chose the LVAD. The Accuchinch worked for about 3 weeks but I was too far gone for it to last for long.
I'm really sorry, Doc. That's hard stuff.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

BardoXV wrote:It's going pretty good, all things considered. I'm getting used to changing from batteries to the wall unit every night and vice-versa every morning. Also my wife is getting used to changing the dressing once a week, getting my numbers every morning and washing my hair twice a week as I'm not allowed to get wet as in swimming or a shower. It goes with the territory. It's a lot better than the alternative. The doctors said it was either the LVAD or I would last less than a week, so I chose the LVAD. The Accuchinch worked for about 3 weeks but I was too far gone for it to last for long.
You're becomin' a cyborg. Preserve that brain, though, cuz that's where you live.

I've missed you.