No Birth - No Death - No Death - No Birth.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

Re: No Birth - No Death - No Death - No Birth.

Post by roydop »

There simply is No self..there is here only the Absolute...it is not in relationship with anything. Any relative idea about the Absolute is absurd.
Well, I would say there is a Self (obviously "you" exist) but it is singular, nor is it dependent upon thoughts and sensations. This world is relative to Absolute/Self and Self is not dependent upon a world.

It is vital to transcend the spell of thought in order to evolve beyond the ego and to SEE the inherent emptiness of this realm.

This is a tough sell in philosophy (thought masturbation) circles to be sure.
Atla

Post by Atla »

roydop wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:11 am
Atla wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:39 pm
roydop wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:26 pm

The Absolute is experience itself.

It's hilarious how the thought process is taken to be the reality/truth, rather than beingness.

Non thought = no beliefs. A thought lasts about one second. Then ego holds onto that thought and draws a line to another held onto belief that it brings up. Voila! There's an identity that that is exactly what you are not.
Again: there is nothing extra to be experienced about the Absolute/beingness. People who think that there is, still hold onto a false identity.
To be free from suffering is kinda special.
Right. Now try cutting off your legs with a rusty chainsaw, to see whether 100% of suffering is gone.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Pathetic.

I am showing the path out of psychological suffering.

Take it or leave it.
Atla

Post by Atla »

roydop wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:27 pm Pathetic.

I am showing the path out of psychological suffering.

Take it or leave it.
You know I dismantled my ego some years ago and back then I suffered more than I do now, psychologically. You need some kind of ego to be reasonably functional among other humans unless you are a retired, antisocial hermit. So I partially rebuilt the ego / "myself".
roydop

Post by roydop »

Yeah, but why does one "need" to engage in this illusory world at all? Samsara.

I understand, but it's still attachment. Complete liberation is really tricky.

Suffering is showing where there is still attachment.
Atla

Post by Atla »

roydop wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:34 pm Yeah, but why does one "need" to engage in this illusory world at all? Samsara.

Why what's the alternative, sitting all day in empty bliss? To many people, the boredom of that is even more insufferable than engaging the world.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Atla wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:40 pm
roydop wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:34 pm Yeah, but why does one "need" to engage in this illusory world at all? Samsara.

Why what's the alternative, sitting all day in empty bliss? To many people, the boredom of that is even more insufferable than engaging the world.
The boredom is the emptiness of the world being revealed. Beyond the boredom is bliss.
Atla

Post by Atla »

roydop wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:27 pm

The boredom is the emptiness of the world being revealed. Beyond the boredom is bliss.
No, bliss is just a human emotion and personally I can turn it on right now too, while engaging the world.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Atla wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:32 pm
No, bliss is just a human emotion and personally I can turn it on right now too, while engaging the world.
Ok, how about "happiness" or "perfect contentment"? Any of those work for you?
Atla

Post by Atla »

roydop wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:12 pm
Atla wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:32 pm

Ok, how about "happiness" or "perfect contentment"? Any of those work for you?
I don't want to be perfectly happy or perfectly content in this world, I think those are shortcomings.
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Contentment is longer lasting and more achievable than happiness and so comparing them to each other is a false dichotomy
Happiness cannot persist because it is exclusively a positive emotion whereas contentment allows for negative emotion also
roydop

Post by roydop »

surreptitious57 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:03 pm Contentment is longer lasting and more achievable than happiness and so comparing them to each other is a false dichotomy
Happiness cannot persist because it is exclusively a positive emotion whereas contentment allows for negative emotion also
Well what I am (trying to relate) is perfect contentment. No emotions, either positive or negative. Beingness.
seeds

Post by seeds »

roydop wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:34 pm Suffering is showing where there is still attachment.
roydop wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:32 am ...what I am (trying to relate) is perfect contentment. No emotions, either positive or negative. Beingness.
If you can no longer empathetically feel the suffering of the little Yemen girl pictured in this link...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 4944062614

...and if you do not feel the suffering of the personal shame that comes with knowing that you are a member of a society (America) that has directly contributed to that little girl’s misery (and death) via its military support of a heinous regime (Saudi Arabia)...

...then I suggest that you have carried the process of your own personal contentment and detachment from the world a step too far.
_______
roydop

Post by roydop »

seeds wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:54 am
roydop wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:34 pm Suffering is showing where there is still attachment.
roydop wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:32 am ...what I am (trying to relate) is perfect contentment. No emotions, either positive or negative. Beingness.
If you can no longer empathetically feel the suffering of the little Yemen girl pictured in this link...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q ... 4944062614

...and if you do not feel the suffering of the personal shame that comes with knowing that you are a member of a society (America) that has directly contributed to that little girl’s misery (and death) via its military support of a heinous regime (Saudi Arabia)...

...then I suggest that you have carried the process of your own personal contentment and detachment from the world a step too far.
_______
This realm is as unsubstantial as a scene in a movie. That's the way it is. It is interesting that humans choose suffering over contentment.

Even so, there is no judgement here for one who wishes to continue having a human experience.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Atla wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:21 pm
roydop wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:11 am
Atla wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:39 pm
Again: there is nothing extra to be experienced about the Absolute/beingness. People who think that there is, still hold onto a false identity.
To be free from suffering is kinda special.
Right. Now try cutting off your legs with a rusty chainsaw, to see whether 100% of suffering is gone.
Pain is inevitable..suffering is optional.

Pain is uncreated...it just is.

Suffering is an artificially composed superimposition upon the “just Is” ...

That which can be created can be uncreated..choose wisely by knowing the mind is a myth.

Mind control is a human invention...there is no such control in nature, it’s an artificial construction..a prison of your own artificially constructed belief.

If you believe you are the one causing pain..then stop causing it. From belief to clarity.

Across planes of consciousness, we have to live with the paradox that opposite things can be simultaneously true.”