No Birth - No Death - No Death - No Birth.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: No Birth - No Death - No Death - No Birth.

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:43 am
Dontaskme wrote: No thing has ever been seen ...things are Known, not seen..there is nothing behind or within an image...an image is an empty projection of the imageless..Known as concept in this inconceivable conception.
If you ever make it to London be very careful of stepping in front of those big red images with nothing behind them.
The Hallucination of being knocked out by a big red bus is a powerful hallucination, but hallucination it is.

All dreamscape...for no one...aka Awareness.

Like I keep saying.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:The Hallucination of being knocked out by a big red bus is a powerful hallucination, but hallucination it is. ...
You appear to not understand the meaning of "hallucination"?
All dreamscape...for no one...aka Awareness.
And yet you wake from your dream of being hit by a bus with no injuries?
Like I keep saying.
And like I keep saying, you are talking about something that you cannot, why?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:15 pm Life is a self sustaining reciprocal infinite feedback loop.

Birth and Death are Illusions they are conceptual appearances and disappearances and reappearances of infinity.

In illusion, life may be long or short or neither. In reality life is endless and beginningless.

Birth and Death are just the same YET differ in context. Concepts differ in their appearance that's all. In reality there is no difference between an appearance and that which is aware of the appearance...as they are inseparably ONE instantaneously NOW.

says the Buddist/Hindu.

maybe so?

or not?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:41 pm The birth of my child and the death of my child were no illusions.
sad to hear that Sir.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:41 pm You can always tell kooky bullshit by the use of CAPS.
lol, true, sometimes at least. (outside of other case use - anger).
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Arising_uk wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:19 pm but if pushed I'll go with "I am"

worked well enough for YHWH (but IMO His reply was tied to the Tetragrammaton - but for another thread)

42 may be right too.........Douglas Adams was a pupil of Robert Sheckley (former well know, latter utterly forgotten).

refer to Ask a Foolish Question for Doug's "42" "stealing of the concept of "Who knows about reality"..in another thread here (forget where sadly)

Sheckley and his short Ask and Foolish Question - is in anther thread where i disscussed this with "underdog-ish" avatar, along with another work i like Canticle of Lebowitz.

Underdog did not care for Sheckley's work - did not understand it fully IMO, i hope he bothers to hear(there is a radioplay of it)/read the Canticle by Walter Miller Jr, but not holding my breath. would welcome being proven wrong, its a great work now forgotten sadly.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

roydop wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:10 pm Anything beyond "I am", going into "I am..." will lead to delusion.
thats why i'm a Solipsist.

I'm talking to myself again.........
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Foghorn-leghorn, my disscussion with undergod is over in religion/selfish god thread if interested in reading Sheckley's short story, and Miller Jr's Cantitcle for Leibowitz.

just an FYI.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:36 am
roydop wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:10 pm Anything beyond "I am", going into "I am..." will lead to delusion.
thats why i'm a Solipsist.

I'm talking to myself again.........
There is no self to talk to, there’s just talking....sound and the hearing/knowing of sound is inseparably one in the instantaneous moment.

There’s only Consciousness...everything else is couched within that...it’s the first and last, beginningless and endless...there is nothing outside of that area.

No external world...because the world is the dream of consciousness.

Inside/Outside...where is that?....Nowhere....the only place there is.

gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:00 am
There is no self to talk to,
Am i telling myself i am not? nice. ok if i do say so myself.

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:00 am there’s just talking....sound and the hearing/knowing of sound is inseparably one in the instantaneous moment.
sound/hearing/etc...sight,touch...........all senses do not exist in and of themselves, they are all just my consciousness.
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:00 am There’s only Consciousness...everything else is couched within that...

yep, me me and me, and you are just me "talking" to me.

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:00 am it’s the first and last, beginningless and endless...there is nothing outside of that area.
yep

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:00 am No external world...because the world is the dream of consciousness.
yep my consciousness.

I'm talking to myself again..........again.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:18 am
yep my consciousness.

I'm talking to myself again..........again.
You are talking to the thought of you, there is no you there except the thought of you known by (not-a-thing knowing consciousness)

There is no entity there except the invisible thought...in this conception.

:D :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:22 am
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:15 pm Life is a self sustaining reciprocal infinite feedback loop.

Birth and Death are Illusions they are conceptual appearances and disappearances and reappearances of infinity.

In illusion, life may be long or short or neither. In reality life is endless and beginningless.

Birth and Death are just the same YET differ in context. Concepts differ in their appearance that's all. In reality there is no difference between an appearance and that which is aware of the appearance...as they are inseparably ONE instantaneously NOW.

says the Buddist/Hindu.

maybe so?

or not?
All words are concepts, they are within time and space duality the dream of separation dreamt by no thing.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:37 am
Dontaskme wrote:The Hallucination of being knocked out by a big red bus is a powerful hallucination, but hallucination it is. ...
You appear to not understand the meaning of "hallucination"?
Different strokes for different folks that's all.

Who put the meaning in the word ''hallucination'' ? ..who who who..who lets the dogs out? :lol:

To be aware of any thing is to hallucinate that thing into existence...since there are no things.
There is no thing seeing an image ....where does the image come from?...the universe is one big hallucination.
That which is aware is not a thing.

Being injured and in pain is the hallucination of being injured and in pain. There is nothing experiencing that, there is only the experience, pain is the experience. No one owns that pain, else they could make it disappear. Being injured by a big red bus is just one of the many experiences within life which is one big giant hallucination within which all other hallucinations are couched, some hallucinations are more powerful than others...and any one (no one) taking psychotropic or hallucinogenic substances aka appearances interacting with the brain another appearance, aka appearances affecting other appearances...will be able to tell you that...I mean be witness to that effect that no thing is causing.

The cause is in the effect, and the effect is in the cause, they are one and the same in the moment. All changing appearances within the changeless witness that never appeared.

You need to think deeper into the metaphysics of reality.

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:37 amAnd like I keep saying, you are talking about something that you cannot, why?
Why not?

What's stopping it?

Ramu

Post by Ramu »

gaffo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:22 am

says the Buddist/Hindu.

maybe so?

or not?
Gaff...non duality is about direct experience...calling someone a Hindu/Buddhist is unnecessary because those are religions...aka belief systems....nonduality is not a belief system...its all based on direct experience of the absolute..attained by meditation, contemplation and self inquiry.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Ramu wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:28 am nonduality is not a belief system...its all based on direct experience of the absolute..
The absolute can't be experienced, that's just a belief system.