why is murder wrong?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

henry quirk

one repetition serves another

Post by henry quirk »

"To murder is to deliberately kill a conscious individual with malice aforethought. To have malice is not to have respect. Therefore murder is wrong. ...by definition."

Mebbe so, prof.

Still, murder it may be: 'some folks just plainly need to be dead'.
Impenitent

Re: one repetition serves another

Post by Impenitent »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:19 am...Still, murder it may be: 'some folks just plainly need to be dead'.
alas, the infamous baker who used strychnine in his dough kneaded to be dead...

-Imp
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

;)
prof

Re: one repetition serves another

Post by prof »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:19 am "To murder is to deliberately kill a conscious individual with malice aforethought. To have malice is not to have respect. Therefore murder is wrong. ...by definition."

Mebbe so, prof.

Still, murder it may be: 'some folks just plainly need to be dead'.
What does your philosophical analysis tell you to do about this next ?

Are you, Henry, going to handle this personally?

Can you provide us with the names of these folks?

As the Emperor sang in The Mikado: "I've got a little list
They never will be missed."

Do you want your social system, your society, to do something to get rid of these folks? By what procedure?

Re: "How are you defining the word 'murder' here?"

Post by Age »

Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:50 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 am Sometimes murder is NOT at all wrong, morally and/or ethically. Murder can be good and right sometimes. As I have been saying.
The onus is on you to provide the counter-example.
Already have.
Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:50 amUntil you do. Murder is wrong. By agreement.
But murder is NOT wrong, sometimes, OBVIOUSLY. By agreement.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:48 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:43 am Sometimes murder is NOT at all wrong, morally and/or ethically. Murder can be good and right sometimes. As I have been saying.
Already have.
Talk to your doctor about your forgetfulness.

You haven't offered a counter-example.

Post by Age »

Logik wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:56 am
Age wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:48 am
Already have.
Talk to your doctor about your forgetfulness.

You haven't offered a counter-example.
you "logik" ONCE AGAIN must of MISSED my counter-example. But do NOT be to concerned about this, from your responses, missing what I have written has become a very regular occurrence from you.

I wrote: But what happens if i have cancer and want to die, how would you get into trouble for that? It is NOT against the law.

That WAS the counter-example I have ALREADY given. Unfortunately you were to busy trying to work out how you could murder me under the radar of the law to notice what I was getting at. That is; Murder is NOT wrong, sometimes. For example (countered) If a human beings wants to be murdered, asked to be murdered, and was murdered, then OBVIOUSLY murder is NOT wrong. I KNOW murder is NOT wrong. Do you?
Logik

Post by Logik »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:12 am I wrote: But what happens if i have cancer and want to die, how would you get into trouble for that? It is NOT against the law.

That WAS the counter-example I have ALREADY given. Unfortunately you were to busy trying to work out how you could murder me under the radar of the law to notice what I was getting at. That is; Murder is NOT wrong, sometimes. For example (countered) If a human beings wants to be murdered, asked to be murdered, and was murdered, then OBVIOUSLY murder is NOT wrong. I KNOW murder is NOT wrong. Do you?
What does assisted suicide have to do with murder?

Post by Age »

Logik wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:15 am
Age wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:12 am I wrote: But what happens if i have cancer and want to die, how would you get into trouble for that? It is NOT against the law.

BECAUSE you will NOT give a definition for 'murder'. So, what you call "assisted suicide" IS also called 'murder' and that is WHAT 'that' has to do with murder. As I have been pointing out to you, which you so far have FAILED to see and recognize; Murder is NOT always wrong.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:35 am

BECAUSE you will NOT give a definition for 'murder'. So, what you call "assisted suicide" IS also called 'murder' and that is WHAT 'that' has to do with murder. As I have been pointing out to you, which you so far have FAILED to see and recognize; Murder is NOT always wrong.
Assisted suicide is not called murder.

Murder is murder.
Assisted suicide is assisted suicide.

I don't need to give a definition for either one. Just as long as you recognise that they are different is good enough.

Post by Age »

Logik wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:36 am
Age wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:35 am
Assisted suicide is not called murder.

Murder is murder.
Assisted suicide is assisted suicide.

I don't need to give a definition for either one. Just as long as you recognise that they are different is good enough.
Although I may recogniz and see a difference the LAW does NOT necessarily do so.

What happens in a country where "assisted suicide" is called 'Murder', and a person "assists in the suicide of another"?

Could that person be charged with 'Murder'?

If so, then we are not talking about the definition of murder. We are talking about the act of murder.

And as "you" "logik" have kept pointing out over and over, as "you", "yourself", say you have; "Your hounour, that's not how I define murder so I haven't done anything wrong" is not a valid defence in court.

By "your" very own logic if a person has be charged with murder, then they can NOT say that it was assisted suicide. If the LAW calls "it" murder, then that is what it is, in a court of law.

As I have been pointing out; What might be WRONG 'legally' is NOT necessarily wrong morally nor ethically AND vice-versa.

WITHOUT a definition for the word 'murder', murder is sometimes wrong and murder is sometimes good and necessary, as I have said from just about the outset of this thread.

But once again you have FAILED to recognize and SEE this because "you" were NOT at all curious as to what I was saying, and this is because "you" have been incapable of doing anything other than just BELIEVING what you ALREADY BELIEVE is true, right, and correct.
henry quirk

"Do you want your social system, your society, to do something to get rid of these folks?"

Post by henry quirk »

Nope: I'm a D.I.Y. kinda guy.
Logik

Post by Logik »

henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:57 am Killing done for any reason other than self-defense.
That's not all encompassing. I will kill to protect the lives of loved ones.

So perhaps, killing for any other reason than person-defense?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I agree, L.

Somewhere in-forum, I wrote 'violence in defense of self and others is permissable (and encouraged)'.

Guess I was rushed, or mebbe just didn't give as much of a fuck, when I posted in this thread.

Thanks for makin' me be clear.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Logik wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:45 pm
henry quirk wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:57 am Killing done for any reason other than self-defense.
That's not all encompassing. I will kill to protect the lives of loved ones.

So perhaps, killing for any other reason than person-defense?
You don’t punish someone by doing them right.

You punish someone by doing them wrong.

Murder is the ultimate wrong, therefore, murder is the ultimate punishment.

The punishment can be dealt by an individual, by a group, or by a faceless government.