Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Why humans can't get rid of their egos ?

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:02 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:39 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:26 pm
But your dishonesty and noise are reasonable? :lol:
Does it ever get the chance to be reasonable when it is constantly being silenced.

Is something being overshadowed here?
Oh please... your posts are dishonest and convoluted... pretending to be multiple posters who stick up for each other, while you rattle on continually and furiously spin in your manic and unconscious ego which you deny and refuse to take responsibility for. I would gladly share discussion with you if you would be honest and stop your games, but it doesn't appear that you know how to step outside of your beloved spin. It's just too much noise to take seriously.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:02 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:39 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:26 pm
But your dishonesty and noise are reasonable? :lol:
Does it ever get the chance to be reasonable when it is constantly being silenced.

Is something being overshadowed here?
Oh please... your posts are dishonest and convoluted... pretending to be multiple posters who stick up for each other, while you rattle on continually and furiously spin in your manic and unconscious ego which you deny and refuse to take responsibility for. I would gladly share discussion with you if you would be honest and stop your games, but it doesn't appear that you know how to step outside of your beloved spin. It's just too much noise to take seriously.
Huh!

Am I AlexW..and roydop aswell, what about Walker, shall we add that character into the mix while we’re at it ..might as well eh, why stop ...gees I could be everyone, and that’ll be the truth eh?
Good game init...I am the many of the one, fancy that...were all the same naked awareness wearing different costumes.

Some people take their acting role very seriously ...especially the good actors.. :shock:

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:52 pm...
Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:02 pm Oh please... your posts are dishonest and convoluted... pretending to be multiple posters who stick up for each other, while you rattle on continually and furiously spin in your manic and unconscious ego which you deny and refuse to take responsibility for.
Is this not true? Do you not write under multiple names Ramu, er, DAM... pretending to talk to each other? Yes or no?

And do you not switch back and forth between duality and non-duality when you want to avoid challenges to what you say? Just be honest about your dance.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:08 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:52 pm...
Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:02 pm Oh please... your posts are dishonest and convoluted... pretending to be multiple posters who stick up for each other, while you rattle on continually and furiously spin in your manic and unconscious ego which you deny and refuse to take responsibility for.
Is this not true? Do you not write under multiple names Ramu, er, DAM... pretending to talk to each other? Yes or no?

And do you not switch back and forth between duality and non-duality when you want to avoid challenges to what you say? Just be honest about your dance.
This is your dance, no one else’s, deal with it. If it makes you dizzy then stop spinning it...weirdo.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:17 pm ...
Of course you don't answer honestly. :lol: :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:28 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:17 pm ...
Of course you don't answer honestly. :lol: :lol:
Stop making up all these characters in your mind weirdo...awareness does not need a character to be what it is ..it just is.

If you insist on inventing a character ..then ask your own imaginary friend for the answers...I’m sure they won’t be able to help you either.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 pm Stop making up all these characters in your mind weirdo...awareness does not need a character to be what it is ..it just is.

If you insist on inventing a character ..then ask your own imaginary friend for the answers...I’m sure they won’t be able to help you either.
Who are you talking to?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:45 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:33 pm Stop making up all these characters in your mind weirdo...awareness does not need a character to be what it is ..it just is.

Who are you talking to?
Who ever wants to know.

Ramu

Post by Ramu »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:47 pm
Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:45 pm

Who are you talking to?
Who ever wants to know.

Hi this is Ramu...not DAM. A lot of people are non dualists. Not just DAM and not just me. Where are you getting this idea that we are the same person?
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Guess it's hard to accept that all this mental noise, all these concepts and ideas that have been accumulated over the years are actually not what you are, that there was something there before you started thinking "I am" and later "I am such and such..."
That this "thing" that was there is not a thing is even harder to accept and that "it" has actually never left, that "it" is all there is... well...
So we fight for the ideas and beliefs that we identify with... what else is there to fight for? :-)
Greta

Post by Greta »

Being alive means being a small entity in an environment that constantly wants to absorb you, both literally and metaphorically. The ego is an organism's shield. The ego says, "I am, and I intend to stay that way. You cannot claim me or my stuff" (not yet).

The question then comes from the OP, what might prompt people to be reluctant to give up their shields?
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Greta wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:14 am The question then comes from the OP, what might prompt people to be reluctant to give up their shields?
Most people are not even aware that they carry a shield - hard to drop something when you don't even know that you carry it... even harder when you believe that you are it.

Good news is that it doesn't really have to be dropped - it's actually good enough to be aware of it - it will unravel on its own accord.
Last edited by AlexW on Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Greta wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:14 am The question then comes from the OP, what might prompt people to be reluctant to give up their shields?
Fear of the unknown is the No.1 reason as far as I can tell.
The 2nd reason is diminishing returns - it's too much effort to change.

Combine those into fear of change and it's just another extinction vector.
Last edited by Logik on Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:08 pm
And do you not switch back and forth between duality and non-duality when you want to avoid challenges to what you say?
What is it exactly that you think there is here to be challenged?

See if you can make sense of what you are actually saying to yourself by watching this video about the antics of the apparent EGO

Honestly, it's just being honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q8gqWF5ONw

Post by Age »

Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:09 pm
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:08 pm I do NOT believe.
Yes you do :)
Do I?

What EVIDENCE do you have for this BELIEF of YOURS?

And. 'WHAT' EXACTLY do you BELIEVE I believe?
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:08 pm How many times is that brain going to TRY to get this brain to say that it BELIEVES some thing?
I don't give a shit if you say it.
And I do NOT care if you do, or do NOT.
Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:09 pm I am trying to get you to acknowledge it.
Acknowledge 'WHAT' EXACTLY?
Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:09 pmStop lying to yourself.
WHERE is the supposed "lie"?

WHAT EXACTLY is the supposed "lie"?

What am I supposedly "lying" about?

Who/what EXACTLY is the 'your' in 'yourself', AND, who/what EXACTLY is the 'self' in 'yourself'?

Examples are NEEDED.

YOUR word alone does NOT prove any thing.
Logik

Post by Logik »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:32 am
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:08 pm I do NOT believe.
Yes you do :)
Do I?

What EVIDENCE do you have for this BELIEF of YOURS?

And. 'WHAT' EXACTLY do you BELIEVE I believe?
Age wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:08 pm How many times is that brain going to TRY to get this brain to say that it BELIEVES some thing?
I don't give a shit if you say it.
And I do NOT care if you do, or do NOT.
Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:09 pm I am trying to get you to acknowledge it.
Acknowledge 'WHAT' EXACTLY?
Logik wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:09 pmStop lying to yourself.
WHERE is the supposed "lie"?

WHAT EXACTLY is the supposed "lie"?

What am I supposedly "lying" about?

Who/what EXACTLY is the 'your' in 'yourself', AND, who/what EXACTLY is the 'self' in 'yourself'?

Examples are NEEDED.

YOUR word alone does NOT prove any thing.
Triggered!

My words alone are mere interpretation of the evidence which you keep providing.