Greetings and salutations

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

ReverendTB

Greetings and salutations

Post by ReverendTB »

From the great white north, I would like to introduce myself.
First, let me say that though I am ordained (hence the reverend name), I do not hold on to any particular religious belief. It was a running joke with a few friends, and we all got ordained on ulc.net

That being said, it is great to hopefully be welcomed into the Philosophy Now community. After looking over some of the discussions, many people seem to have rather solid ideas and beliefs. On that note, I don't tend to argue that much, I mostly prefer to observe and take note of the discussions. I will occasionally throw my two cents in, but it doesn't happen all the time.

In my third year of a 4 year BA in philosophy and political science. I've been leaning towards ethics in my philosophy major, and international relations in the pols major. I've done some ethics, religious philosophy, critical thinking and existential philosophy.
nameless

Re: Greetings and salutations

Post by nameless »

Welcome.
Enjoy the ride.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Yes, welcome. Always uplifting to be joined by a member of the clergy. :D

I hadn't heard of ulc.net (Universal Life Church) before. Enjoyed a visit to their website just now. It says:
You may become a legally ordained minister for life, without cost, and without question of faith.
Now, that's what I call a broad church!
ray

Post by ray »

Welcome Bishop.

Salutations to you too.

:D

Please tell us:

1. Do you believe that God exists?

2. Do you want to believe that God exists?

Please reply quickly as you do not have an unlimited time on this earth.

:wink:
ReverendTB

Post by ReverendTB »

@ rick: Yeah, I thought so too, hence why I became ordained, thought it would be funny.
@ ray: 1 - No, most certainly not
2 - Either way, it doesn't bother me. I'd prefer that he/she didn't exist, though, because I'd be pretty much screwed...