The Wrong God

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop
Posts: 350
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:37 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by roydop »

Logik wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:00 pm
roydop wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:59 pm Lol, yeah. A handful of humans throughout all of history have been able to exit. This game/puzzle/labyrinth is designed by the Absolute intelligence, and is the most difficult thing to do that is still possible to do.

I'm getting close (relatively speakingl though.
So I take it you have actually tried the door labeled EXIT and it leads nowhere?
More precisely, it's a case of staying put rather than going out.

But using the exit analogy: it doesn't lead to another realm (turtles all the way), it leads to pure Awareness, aka: absolute (not dependent upon anything) happiness/perfect contentment. That's what we are, everything else is what we experience.
Belinda
Posts: 4047
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Belinda »

Roydop wrote:
---- pure Awareness,
Can "pure Awareness " occur only during wakefulness, or also during dreams, or drowsiness? Can it happen during episodes of depression? Can pure Awareness be induced by mind-altering drugs? Is experience of pure Awareness evidence of a supernatural form of being?

Is the Absolute intelligence a quality like human intelligence only more of it? Is the Absolute intelligence aware of the human condition?
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 9172
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Immanuel Can »

Logik wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:48 pm The lesson you failed to grasp is that there is a difference between theoretical and practical infinities.
Actually, I specified it: I said "an actual infinity," or a "causal-chain infinity," " or "an infinite chain of past causes." I've been accurate in my choice of terms there. There is no such entity in the real world, and cannot be.
Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Logik »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:33 pm
Logik wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:48 pm The lesson you failed to grasp is that there is a difference between theoretical and practical infinities.
Actually, I specified it: I said "an actual infinity," or a "causal-chain infinity," " or "an infinite chain of past causes." I've been accurate in my choice of terms there. There is no such entity in the real world, and cannot be.
Then in your esteemed and accurate choice of terms you shall be telling us how long my non-infinite infinite loop will continue to run for?

When will it come to an end?

Please go ahead and solve the halting problem for us! Right in this thread.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 9172
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Immanuel Can »

Logik wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:06 pm Then in your esteemed and accurate choice of terms you shall be telling us how long my non-infinite infinite loop will continue to run for?
It's (allegedly) future-infinite, not past-infinite. You're mistaking a ray for an infinite regression of causes.

And I'm bored with explaining the difference to you, and I can see you're not really interested. So I'm going to stop bothering.
Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Logik »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:35 pm It's (allegedly) future-infinite, not past-infinite. You're mistaking a ray for an infinite regression of causes.

And I'm bored with explaining the difference to you, and I can see you're not really interested. So I'm going to stop bothering.
Aaaaaaand there is the "I ran out of technical depth" sophist backtrack.

A vector is a vector! There is absolutely no difference whether it ends NOW() and begins never, or whether it begins NOW and ends never.

There is absolutely no mathematical difference whether you define it as v = [ N, ∞ ) or v = (-∞ , N ]

After all - you are the one arguing for an uncaused cause, right? I wrote the algorithm on my own volition - an uncaused a cause.
User avatar
Immanuel Can
Posts: 9172
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Immanuel Can »

Previous message.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8584
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Dontaskme »

Logik wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:50 pm
After all - you are the one arguing for an uncaused cause, right? I wrote the algorithm on my own volition - an uncaused a cause.
There's no such thing as an uncaused cause. A cause requires a causer.

Reality is Acausal.

.
Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Logik »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 am There's no such thing as an uncaused cause
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 am Reality is Acausal.
Therefore there is no such thing as reality... ?

Shame. Another idealist who pursues consistency.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8584
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Dontaskme »

Logik wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:43 am
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 am There's no such thing as an uncaused cause
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:41 am Reality is Acausal.
Therefore there is no such thing as reality... ?

Shame. Another idealist who pursues consistency.
Reality is not a thing.

Reality needs to be in order to say there is no such thing as reality, what's stopping reality? ..who's saying there is no reality? ..it's not a thing.

.
Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Logik »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:48 am Reality is not a thing.

Reality needs to be in order to say there is no such thing as reality, what's stopping reality? ..who saying there is no reality? ..it's not a thing.
You know how in the other thread I said there are some questions that can't be answered? Some questions that need not be answered.

You don't know how to tell the difference between questions that can and can't be answered.

So I'll just keep tarpitting your mind with such questions.
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8584
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Dontaskme »

Logik wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:50 am
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:48 am Reality is not a thing.

Reality needs to be in order to say there is no such thing as reality, what's stopping reality? ..who saying there is no reality? ..it's not a thing.
You know how in the other thread I said there are some questions that can't be answered? Some questions that need not be answered.

You don't know how to tell the difference between questions that can and can't be answered.

So I'll just keep tarpitting your mind with such questions.
There are only Questions.

.
Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Logik »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:54 am There are only Questions.
What's a "question" ?
User avatar
Dontaskme
Posts: 8584
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:07 pm

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Dontaskme »

Logik wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:56 am
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:54 am There are only Questions.
What's a "question" ?
Ask the questioneer.

.
Belinda
Posts: 4047
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:13 am

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Belinda »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:59 am
Logik wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:56 am
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:54 am There are only Questions.
What's a "question" ?
Ask the questioneer.

.
There is no questioner; there is only asking of the question. Thus non duality tends away from personal responsibility which originates in intuition that the subject is a person, a self, a subject of the asking.
Post Reply