You are Invisible

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: You are Invisible

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:24 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:09 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:55 pm Then why do you have so much to say... while contradicting those words with more words? It sounds like spinning mindless babble. What is at the "center" creating that?
Nothing. Not-a-thing.
This is how you've decided to repeatedly frame it, such that you have no responsibility for anything. You just keep saying over and over that there is nothing doing anything...yet you keep creating all that you claim is not there. Your actions do not fit your words. You've simply settled on some IDEA as a way to explain and excuse everything. Your charade is invisible... you can be seen behind the door, working the mechanisms. I ask why are you doing that, and you claim there is no one there. It's absurd, and it's a lie. If you have so much to say, it would be honorable for you to acknowledge and take ownership of that. No one else is speaking it except you...and it IS being spoken. It is cowardly and dishonest to dart away and say no one is speaking and nothing is being said.
For someone who likes telling other people to SHUT THE FUCK UP...you certainly ought to practice what you preach.

You have absolutely no understanding of metaphysics/nonduality. Talk the talk or shut the fuck up.

Nuff said. You're a broken record, loving the broken spin your not in.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:35 pm For someone who likes telling other people to SHUT THE FUCK UP...you certainly ought to practice what you preach.

You have absolutely no understanding of metaphysics/nonduality. Talk the talk or shut the fuck up.

And now who do you imagine you're talking to? :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:39 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:35 pm For someone who likes telling other people to SHUT THE FUCK UP...you certainly ought to practice what you preach.

And now who do you imagine you're talking to? :lol:
No one.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:42 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:39 pm And now who do you imagine you're talking to? :lol:
No one.
So why do you have so much to say, and why are you doing it here? If you start being honest, you can answer these questions.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:45 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:42 pm
Lacewing wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:39 pm And now who do you imagine you're talking to? :lol:
No one.
So why do you have so much to say, and why are you doing it here? If you start being honest, you can answer these questions.
I don't have any answers.

Why do I have so much to say? answer: Who wants to know?...question followed by another question.

Answer comes to the question (who wants to know?) is...what ever I make up, imagine,believe,...another question arises, what is belief, what is imagination, who imagines, who believes??...who who who lets the dogs out who who...?? :lol: who is the who, who put the who in who...answer comes...I Don't know except what ever I make up...what I conceive out of not-knowing.

The answer is always in the question..., dontaskme doesn't have an answer, because dontaskme doesn't have a question...if I had a question then I must have the answer, else why would the question even arise... how many more times do you want me to repeat that to you? until you tell me to shut the fuck up again? :lol: no one is forcing you to read or respond to this bullshit...but seems you like sniffing around it...perhaps try smelling your own shit for a while...then perhaps mine might not seem so repugnant to you in a way that you have to resort to telling me to shut the fuck up.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:02 pm no one is forcing you to read or respond to this bullshit...
Yes, you are on a public forum spewing bullshit that you repeatedly deny responsibility for. Why shouldn't that be challenged?

I figure that's why (on some level) you're actually here, even if you don't realize it. I'm just answering the call. :D

I very much appreciate the perspective of nonduality (as you already know)... when it is discussed honestly. You appear to use it as a tool and a cloak to avoid being questioned and challenged about the inconsistencies and dishonesty in what you say. I think there is learning and interest in challenging the things we all hide behind and manipulate. It seems reasonable to ask "What is driving that?" What is the need?

You are using nonduality when and how it suits you. Very much the way religious people use their religion. As I've said, I've gotten the impression that you are very sensitive, but you want to be untouchable. So you bask in ideas of nothingness. However, denying yourself... denying others... is more fantasy than truth... and I think it's actually more cruel than me saying "shut the fuck up". :) Taking responsibility for what we say/do, and connecting with others instead of dismissing them as non-existent, would surely offer MORE to bask in for the courageous. Yes?

I totally GET how hard it is. It's all right there, though (from what I've experienced) -- vast potential. So, not only why do we create/choose what we do, but why do we then deny it?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:01 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:02 pm no one is forcing you to read or respond to this bullshit...
Yes, you are on a public forum spewing bullshit that you repeatedly deny responsibility for. Why shouldn't that be challenged?

I figure that's why (on some level) you're actually here, even if you don't realize it. I'm just answering the call. :D

Make your mind up, first you tell me to shut the fuck up, but then show up on my thread and make me not shut the fuck up.

I'm just answering to the call.

Do you want me to shut the fuck up or not? :lol:

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:01 pm So you bask in ideas of nothingness.
There is no such thing as nothingness. You really ought to study nonduality, which is not a religion by the way, it's that which does away with all such notions/ideas.

Talk the talk or shut the fuck up...this is a sub-forum discussing all data to do with the mind. And that's what's being discussed, what you choose to believe about what is being discussed here on my thread topic is none of my business, and quite frankly I don't give a damn.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:31 pm Do you want me to shut the fuck up or not? :lol:
Depends on whether you're spinning mindlessly in a vortex of bullshit. If you're unwilling to acknowledge it and honestly answer the challenges you receive in response, then it would be good for you to shut the fuck up. 8)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:48 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:31 pm Do you want me to shut the fuck up or not? :lol:
Depends on whether you're spinning mindlessly in a vortex of bullshit. If you're unwilling to acknowledge it and honestly answer the challenges you receive in response, then it would be good for you to shut the fuck up. 8)

If you don't do metaphysics then metaphysics will do you.

You can shut the fuck up now.

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:52 pm If you don't do metaphysics then metaphysics will do you.

It's very appropriate that you've chosen a big pile of doodie as your current avatar. :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:54 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:52 pm If you don't do metaphysics then metaphysics will do you.

It's very appropriate that you've chosen a big pile of doodie as your current avatar. :lol:
The infinite epistemic regress, the depth of how much we don't know shit about anything.

Shit happens, challenge that. :lol: