How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

prof

Re: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound

Post by prof »

Logik wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:50 am WE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO DEFINE THE MEANING OF 'HUMAN FRIENDLY' IN A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE.
I suggest, logik, that you or your fellow computer scientists, get access to IBM's Watson and ask it: How to maximize love, learning, joy, and thriving for humans?

Then program the policy advice received from Watson into an AGI super-computer, telling it to maximize the attainment of these goals, these policies.

Then we may all hope that it has the "learning explosion" that Nick Bostrom expects it to have. It will persist in its pursuit until it provides for us a maximum of love, learning, joy, etc. Ahd human beings will thrive :!: :!: 8)
Eodnhoj7

Re: How and why the Hierarchy of Value formula is sound

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Logik wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:41 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:23 pm So tell me, if philosophy sterilizes minds and kills the human spirit...how do you plan on shooting it with a gun? Where is your "utility" in that?
I am all out of Troll-biscuits tonight. Sorry.

You'll have to find somebody else to feed you.
Is calling someone a troll...what a troll does? The questions presented are simple...answer them with your programming foundation.