Issue 76 Nov/Dec

Latest news of Philosophy Now

Moderators: AMod, iMod

lovespinoza

Issue 76 Nov/Dec

Post by lovespinoza »

When will it be on the web site?

What is the theme?

It seems I get my print copy AFTER the issue hits the web site--I'm in Florida (USA)
RickLewis

Re: Issue 76 Nov/Dec

Post by RickLewis »

lovespinoza wrote:When will it be on the web site?

What is the theme?

It seems I get my print copy AFTER the issue hits the web site--I'm in Florida (USA)
Hiya

a) Not sure when it will be on the website. Normally it would be up by now. However, our webmaster Bora Dogan is deeply immersed in a big overhaul of the payment system on our website, and is struggling to beat a deadline set by the card processing company for completing that. Therefore I asked him to leave the usual website update until after he had finished the payment system. He's hoping to have everything done - including putting Issue 76 on the website - within the next week. He's really working extremely hard at it. Hope you can bear with us under these unusual circumstances.

Usually the new issue would be on the website by this time. It has been sent out to all subscribers, though it is probably still in transit for many people outside the UK.

b) The theme of Issue 76 is John Stuart Mill's essay On Liberty - because this year was the 150th anniversary of its publication. So we have lots of articles about freedom, free speech etc.

c) Slow delivery in the US - yes, sorry about that. I'm afraid it is a result of the long supply chain. We airfreight each new issue to our subscription agents in Virginia, and they then mail them to all our US subscribers using journal rate mail. Some of those copies arrive within a few days, others can take up to three weeks depending on whereabouts in the USA you are. We're looking into this, though it seems that if we used a faster postal service within the US it might push up the costs for US subscribers rather sharply.
lovespinoza

Post by lovespinoza »

Thank you. I am sooo excited about the new issue. Lots of fuel for discussion for my philososphy club in Jacksonville, Florida.
RickLewis

Post by RickLewis »

Issue 76 is up on the website now. Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience!