WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE HERE? WHY DO WE EXIST?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: WHY DO YOU THINK WE ARE HERE? WHY DO WE EXIST?

Post by Age »

Switzerland wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:55 am Maybe there is no "why". Maybe we exist simply because we exist. I don't suppose the universe is going to tell us anytime soon.
WHY do you suppose this?
Switzerland wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:55 amPerhaps we exist to decide for ourselves WHY we exist. For some, it's to pass on their (low tier) genes.
WHO are those who supposedly have low tier genes?
Switzerland wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:55 am For others, to bring glory to a deity. For me, to improve, achieve perfection/enlightenment/whateveryoucallit. Maybe that's why we're here; to decide the "why" for ourselves, then execute on said "why".
If the WHY we are here is to decide the WHY for ourselves, then you are aware that this could infer that there is only ONE WHY, right?

There is only ONE reason WHY we are here and ONE reason for WHY we do exist, which by the way is very EASY to uncover, once you learn and gain the know-how.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

Age wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:26 pmIf the WHY we are here is to decide the WHY for ourselves, then you are aware that this could infer that there is only ONE WHY, right?

There is only ONE reason WHY we are here and ONE reason for WHY we do exist, which by the way is very EASY to uncover, once you learn and gain the know-how.
Please save the other questions for later, as I will get to them, but I'd like to focus on this one. Deciding the why means that there is no why but the subjective. Unless I mis-typed that comment.

Then, you posit that there is an objective why based on the wording of your comment. What is this objective why and how does one "learn and gain the know-how" to discover it?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

thread's question is biased in assuming a reason to exist:

why the bias? assumption there is reason for life?
roydop

Post by roydop »

gaffo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:56 am thread's question is biased in assuming a reason to exist:

If there were no reason at all we would not be having this conversation. Any "why" question is proof and expression of reason.

The point of the game is to escape from the game.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

roydop wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 am
gaffo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:56 am thread's question is biased in assuming a reason to exist:

If there were no reason at all we would not be having this conversation. Any "why" question is proof and expression of reason.

I think the point Gaffo is making is that perhaps the term 'HOW' should have been used, since using 'WHY' brings forth a theist connotation for reason, whereas 'how' would be more objective with what we can work with based on our current knowledge of existence.
roydop

Post by roydop »

I feel the distinction between "why" and "how" is obvious.

The answer to why has been provided. Very few can accept it, hence the continuting increase in suffering experienced by humanity.
roydop

Post by roydop »

If the "how" is being asked, investigate quantum mechanics.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

roydop wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:11 pm I feel the distinction between "why" and "how" is obvious.

The answer to why has been provided. Very few can accept it, hence the continuting increase in suffering experienced by humanity.
Really? I must have ditched school that day, please explain.

roydop wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:11 pmIf the "how" is being asked, investigate quantum mechanics.
Precisely - the 'why' may be answered via that also, but you seem to think it already has.
roydop

Post by roydop »

"Really? I must have ditched school that day, please explain."

This is not taught in school. It's too difficult for most everyone to accept that this realm is not fundamental reality (as proven by Q.M.).

The core tenets of all major religions:

1. Say there is a higher dimensional reality/state.

2. This higher state is perfect (no suffering).

3. Given the correct manner of living, this realm/state is attainable. (Christianity: Heaven. Buddhism:Enlightenment. Hinduism: Moksha

After an intensive 20 year intensive investigation and practice into mind, self, and suffering, I see that the core tenets of Hinduism to be most accurate.

That is:

A: The relationship of Brahman - Ataman
B: The cycle of samsara
c: Maya

This relationship is also expressed as 0-1, "I and the Father are one"- Jesus, The Tao - Taoism, "dependent arising" - Buddhism

So basically Maya is the force that allows the (video) game (this experience) to appear real while awareness is focused upon it. The more interesting the game, the more the illusion appears realm. It has produced the most difficult thing to do that is still possible to do. Hence only a handfull of liberated beings in all of humanity's history.

Post by Age »

Switzerland wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:26 am
Age wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:26 pmIf the WHY we are here is to decide the WHY for ourselves, then you are aware that this could infer that there is only ONE WHY, right?

Please save the other questions for later, as I will get to them, but I'd like to focus on this one. Deciding the why means that there is no why but the subjective. Unless I mis-typed that comment.

Deciding the why may mean subjective, but deciding the why FOR OURSELVES means that this could only be ONE why.

Then, you posit that there is an objective why based on the wording of your comment. What is this objective why
The ONE why that 'we' ALL agree on.
Switzerland wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:26 amand how does one "learn and gain the know-how" to discover it?
Through Honesty, Openness, and a serious Willingness to change. That is HOW.

Post by Age »

This thread's question is only biased in assuming a reason to exist IF the answer is NOT yet KNOWN.

IF, however, the ANSWER is already KNOWN, then there is NO assumption nor 'bias in assuming'.
gaffo wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:56 amwhy the bias? assumption there is reason for life?
Those questions are for those that are making the assumption that there is reason for life, and/or have bias in that assumption.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:29 pm
roydop wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:58 am

I think the point Gaffo is making is that perhaps the term 'HOW' should have been used, since using 'WHY' brings forth a theist connotation
This MAY bring forth such a thing for some, but, if they were OPEN, then the would be LOOKING and SEEING past that connotation.
attofishpi wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:29 pmfor reason, whereas 'how' would be more objective with what we can work with based on our current knowledge of existence.
'How' is just asked, discovered, and answered through and by science.
'Why' is just asked, uncovered, and answered through and by curiosity.
'Both' are just revealed, understood, and KNOWN through and by Honesty and Openness.

To FIND the Truth of things ALL things need to be LOOKED AT, and NOT just 'THAT' that what wants to be looked at.

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:11 pm I feel the distinction between "why" and "how" is obvious.

The answer to why has been provided.
Who has that answer been provided to?

Can you provide that answer to us here, in this forum? I, for one, would love to have a look at it.
roydop wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:11 pmVery few can accept it, hence the continuting increase in suffering experienced by humanity.

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:12 pm If the "how" is being asked, investigate quantum mechanics.
Why just quantum mechanics?

Is the answer to 'how' only in quantum mechanics?

Post by Age »

roydop wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:25 am "Really? I must have ditched school that day, please explain."

This is not taught in school. It's too difficult for most everyone to accept that this realm is not fundamental reality (as proven by Q.M.).

The core tenets of all major religions:

1. Say there is a higher dimensional reality/state.

2. This higher state is perfect (no suffering).

3. Given the correct manner of living, this realm/state is attainable. (Christianity: Heaven. Buddhism:Enlightenment. Hinduism: Moksha

After an intensive 20 year intensive investigation and practice into mind, self, and suffering, I see that the core tenets of Hinduism to be most accurate.

That is:

A: The relationship of Brahman - Ataman
B: The cycle of samsara
c: Maya

This relationship is also expressed as 0-1, "I and the Father are one"- Jesus, The Tao - Taoism, "dependent arising" - Buddhism

So basically Maya is the force that allows the (video) game (this experience) to appear real while awareness is focused upon it. The more interesting the game, the more the illusion appears realm. It has produced the most difficult thing to do that is still possible to do. Hence only a handfull of liberated beings in all of humanity's history.
I do NOT see HOW what 'you' see as to being the "most accurate", out of a very few selections, is actually THEE ANSWER to the questions; WHY are we here? nor to, WHY do we exist?

Are you at all able to elaborate any further on the WHAT 'the answer' IS to:
Why are we here?
Why do we exist?