Missing Thread

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Re: "Then why bother arguing?"

Post by Dalek Prime »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:58 pm Cuz it's fuckin' FUN.
Adrenaline almost always gives me a queasy stomach.
Dubious

Then why bother arguing?

Post by Dubious »

TimeSeeker wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:52 pm
The will to power is all there is. Might makes right.
...which completely explains the shit-state of the world and why it isn't going to get better.

An entirely different will to power than the one Nietzsche had in mind.
surreptitious57

Re: Missing Thread

Post by surreptitious57 »

AMod wrote:
I might as well notify everyone that the powers that be are going to be appointing some new moderators
Five months later and they are still nowhere to be seen [ not that I am waiting for them to materialise ]
Did they get lost or maybe they never really existed ? What say you about these mysterious individuals ?
surreptitious57

AMod wrote:
my personal philosophical opinion would have me pretty much banning everyone here and deleting all their posts
Which would result in there being a skeleton forum and you with practically nothing to do and so where is the wisdom in this ?
You dont do very much as it is anyway judging by your post count so it is not as if you need a reduction in your workload is it ?
The other mod is even less productive than you posting less than once a year on average and so may as well not be here at all
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

yeah, surrep: quit pokin' the bear...let sleepin' mods lie.
AMod

Post by AMod »

surreptitious57 wrote:Which would result in there being a skeleton forum and you with practically nothing to do and so where is the wisdom in this ? ...
Sounds like bliss.
You dont do very much as it is anyway judging by your post count so it is not as if you need a reduction in your workload is it ?
I'm of the opinion that a mod shouldn't often post their opinions as it's an unfair situation.
The other mod is even less productive than you posting less than once a year on average and so may as well not be here at all
Sounds like we're doing a good job then.

AMod.
AMod

Post by AMod »

surreptitious57 wrote:Five months later and they are still nowhere to be seen [ not that I am waiting for them to materialise ]
Did they get lost or maybe they never really existed ? What say you about these mysterious individuals ?
No idea and have no inclination to ask.

AMod.
surreptitious57

Re:

henry quirk wrote:
surrep : quit pokin the bear ... let sleepin mods lie
Just a little bit of harmless fun henry and nothing more
So they can go back to bed now for another year or two
henry quirk

"Just a little bit of harmless fun henry"

Post by henry quirk »

When the bear eats your face: it becomes sumthin' more than harmless.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

2 of my threads in "pol phil" in the last 6 weeks were removed.

both related to Israel and the Reichwing gov there under Naziyahoo.

my third thread asking "amod" why the prior 2 were removed" in the same section of this forum will probably dissapear, and Amod prob will not PM about the matter as to why they were removed. I'm not anti-semitic, only hate thugs and nazis - including when they happen to be jewish.

Amod? why my 2+ threads opposing nazism, and affirming palistinian human rights/representation/dignaty..........were removed?

if they were per "orders" from higher ups, fuck this forum. of not, and just a misscommunication - i appeal to you as to why my threads were removed amod.
Nick_A

Re: "Just a little bit of harmless fun henry"

Post by Nick_A »

henry quirk wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:49 pm When the bear eats your face: it becomes sumthin' more than harmless.
I remember years ago when students demanded free speech. Now these same students demand indoctrination, censorship, and protection from free speech. a thread on censorship would probably be deleted since it would promote too much negativity and disturb the peace.

The bear will eventually eat your face and be placed on a pedestal simply because political fashion will have dictated that your face deserved eating
henry quirk

Yeah, Nick, I don't know what all that has to do with surrep pokin' Amod.

Post by henry quirk »

:confused:
Nick_A

Re: Yeah, Nick, I don't know what all that has to do with surrep pokin' Amod.

Post by Nick_A »

henry quirk wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:30 am :confused:
I was suggesting that we cannot expect consistency anymore than it is exhibited in the world.
AMod

Post by AMod »

Nick_A: I am reasonably consistent, if it's blatent politics it goes. I am, if I say so myself, a most benevolent and tolerant tyrant hence I allow all sorts of loons to post their nonsense here, you for example. Any other philosophy forum would have banned many of you long ago but in my munificence I take a very lax view on what is or isn't philosophy and philosophising and give most things the benefit of the doubt.

Gaffo: Did you PM to ask me why? No, you just ran to the board with a load of Yank bluster, conspiracy waffle and acronyms I have no clue about nor care to know about.

Personally I would have this forum for subscribers to the magazine only as they are who pay for this forum whilst those who don't I just consider interweb freeloaders but since Rick in his largesse disagrees I will continue to do this role for free. I think it hilarious that people who post here don't notice how clean it is from ads and what a rare joy that is, and doubly funny when they issue 'threats' to leave as though they are contributing to the upkeep and would be a loss. One thing I never get over is the narcisstic over inflated self belief of some posters that their words and thoughts are of such import that there is a 'conspiracy' to silence them. Get over yourselves or get out in the real world and actually do something about what you often decry.
Phew! I'm off to bed.

AMod.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

But the loons make it interesting. Imagine a forum with only self-important, up-themselves 'professional academics'. The stuff of nightmares.