Contradictions in Thermodynamics; Perpetual Motion through Angulature

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

surreptitious57

Re: Contradictions in Thermodynamics; Perpetual Motion through Angulature

Post by surreptitious57 »

Logic wrote:
Truth is made up
But not knowledge and it is knowledge that leads to greater understanding of the physical world
The trouble with truth is there are so many different versions of it and which one do you choose

Knowledge can be demonstrated to absolutely anyone but truth is something that is more personal
We can all agree for example that gravity exists but your truth and my truth might not be the same
Logik

Post by Logik »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:14 am
Logic wrote:
Truth is made up
But not knowledge and it is knowledge that leads to greater understanding of the physical world
The trouble with truth is there are so many different versions of it and which one do you choose

Knowledge can be demonstrated to absolutely anyone but truth is something that is more personal
We can all agree for example that gravity exists but your truth and my truth might not be the same
Yeah, but then we end up in the realm of model-dependent realism where we have any number of models that DO the exact same thing.
And then we get the stupid humans arguing over whose one is better. That is literally why we have the "humanities".
It's the eternal project to bring the man-apes together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-dependent_realism
surreptitious57

The link states that we can never be absolutely certainly of anything which is true
Since absolute certainty can not be achieved because of the problem of induction
socrat44

Post by socrat44 »

Logik wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:36 am
surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:14 am
Logic wrote:
Truth is made up

Yeah, but then we end up in the realm of model-dependent realism
where we have any number of models that DO the exact same thing.
And then we get the stupid humans arguing over whose one is better.
That is literally why we have the "humanities".
It's the eternal project to bring the man-apes together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model-dependent_realism
In the beginning of creation the Physical Reality cannot
''have any number of models''. Only one - a simplest.
For example:
a) we have only one the simplest model of atom: electron + proton .
b) Later the simplest model can evolve to different complex models
(according to the theory of evolution)
====
Logik

Post by Logik »

socrat44 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:26 pm In the beginning of creation the Physical Reality cannot
''have any number of models''. Only one - a simplest.
Why have you chosen Occam's model and not Hickam's model?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hickam%27s_dictum
socrat44 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:26 pm For example:
a) we have only one the simplest model of atom: electron + proton .
You left out quantum physics. Nothing simple about that....
socrat44 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:26 pm b) Later the simplest model can evolve to different complex models
(according to the theory of evolution)
====
How have you determined that the universe MUST have one simple cause? What if it has many, complex causes?

Evolution doesn't apply to ALL of physical reality. Only to life forms on Earth.
surreptitious57

Evolution would equally apply to life elsewhere if it actually existed
socrat44

Post by socrat44 »

I didn't leave QP
QED is about an electron and photon
The evolution on Earth began from simple atom
The simplest atom is good basic model for beginning.
===
Logik

Post by Logik »

socrat44 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:32 pm I didn't leave QP
QED is about an electron and photon
It's also about quarks. Which make up the proton and neutron.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Arising_uk wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:21 am LMFAO! Pyramidal perpetual motion energy machines now.

You want to make a pyramidal shaped bird house to put all those cuckoos in.

Come on JohnD don't disappoint me, mention Orgone Energy you know you want to.
I am not arguing for perpetual energy, but rather observing certain "equilibriums" can be made to redirect entropy and entropy...if you read the thread you would have seen it.

Perpetual energy is a contradiction in terms considering all phenomenon exist as ratios of various energies, with these various energy being ratios of eachother.

The question is "direction"?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

surreptitious57 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:08 am The link states that we can never be absolutely certainly of anything which is true
Since absolute certainty can not be achieved because of the problem of induction
Induction is "certain" then.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Eodnhoj7 wrote:I am not arguing for perpetual energy, but rather observing certain "equilibriums" can be made to redirect entropy and entropy...if you read the thread you would have seen it. ...
You'd have to say what you think "entropy" means then as you appear to think it is a substance whereas in my simple brain its the measure of the heat('energy' if you like) lost from a process whilst doing work, heat('energy') that cannot be used in the process. So you are proposing the normal cranks dream of a perpetual motion machine that loses no energy whilst working, your 'equilibrium state', so yes 'perpetual energy'.
Perpetual energy is a contradiction in terms considering all phenomenon exist as ratios of various energies, with these various energy being ratios of eachother.
So is a 'perpetual motion' machine but you appear to pick and choose your contradictions to suit your crankiness.
The question is what direction your crank is going to turn to next.
Go on, say it, Orgone Energy.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Arising_uk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:20 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:I am not arguing for perpetual energy, but rather observing certain "equilibriums" can be made to redirect entropy and entropy...if you read the thread you would have seen it. ...
You'd have to say what you think "entropy" means then as you appear to think it is a substance whereas in my simple brain its the measure of the heat('energy' if you like) lost from a process whilst doing work, heat('energy') that cannot be used in the process. So you are proposing the normal cranks dream of a perpetual motion machine that loses no energy whilst working, your 'equilibrium state', so yes 'perpetual energy'.
So is a 'perpetual motion' machine but you appear to pick and choose your contradictions to suit your crankiness.
The question is what direction your crank is going to turn to next.
Go on, say it, Orgone Energy.
1. Entropy is a process of divergence.
2. False, a perpetual motion machine effectively would redirect energy which already exists through entropy/negentropy. The perpetual motion machine, in effect would be subject to these same force's and as such only a "relative point of equilibrium" can be created, ie the machine is a relative point of equilibrium to the surrounding movements.
3. Orgone energy, ether, chi, vacuum space...whatever are definitions of 1 all pervading force...the only contant is pure point space.

Go back to getting raped by the muslims.
socrat44

Post by socrat44 »

Entropy works as a perpetual motion machine effectively
redirects losing energy to the higher level
Entropy <-----------> Energy
====
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Eodnhoj7 wrote:1. Entropy is a process of divergence. ...
Is it? And there was me thinking it was the before and after measure of the difference in heat('energy') between two or more interacting systems after they have finished working due to the heat('energy') lost through the process, silly me.
2. False, a perpetual motion machine effectively would redirect energy which already exists through entropy/negentropy. ...
What is this 'negentropy' you talk about? If you mean the information theorists definition "... a measure of distance to normality" then I can reassure you that your 'negentropy' level is off the chart.
The perpetual motion machine, in effect would be subject to these same force's and as such only a "relative point of equilibrium" can be created, ie the machine is a relative point of equilibrium to the surrounding movements. ...
Don't forget to wear your tin-foil hat when picking up your Noble prize for Physics.
3. Orgone energy, ether, chi, vacuum space...whatever are definitions of 1 all pervading force...the only contant is pure point space. ...
And get a crest made with two crossed dowsing rods to go with the hat, it'll be most fetching.

Bye the bye, will you be taking up FDP's suggestion of testing your dowsing rods abilities by suspending them on floats in a tank of water and seeing if they react to your copper tubes?
Go back to getting raped by the muslims.
What are you babbling on about now fruitcake?
Last edited by Arising_uk on Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
planetlonely23

Post by planetlonely23 »

We could speak about what entropy makes to lead our conventional way of the reality, it is decreasing as the time is passing, but at the same time entropy differs of different spaces depending on the heat that is releasing, if we determine quantity and flow we can determine past and future at the same time in different places? Talking about the curvature you are saying what side of the world we are into... or the side of the world we would like to discover the essence of the vacuum? Sorry but I am not understanding that aspect.