The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Logik » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:10 pm

Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:01 pm
The essence of the Curry-Howard correspondance is "propositions as types" so that the Curry-Howard correspondence cannot possibly be relevant to languages like Python that do not have build-in types.
EB
This is a lie.

1. https://docs.python.org/3/library/stdtypes.html
The following sections describe the standard types that are built into the interpreter.

The principal built-in types are numerics, sequences, mappings, classes, instances and exceptions.

Code: Select all

class Human():
  pass

for x in  [ Human(), 1, 1.0, '', (), {} ]:
  # Look! A type() function!
  print(type(x))
And this is theoutput:

Code: Select all

<class '__main__.Human'>
<class 'int'>
<class 'float'>
<class 'str'>
<class 'tuple'>
<class 'dict'>
Last edited by Logik on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Logik » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:10 pm

Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:07 pm
Yes, that's what I thought. Anybody with anything like a substantial discovery would definitely not spend most of his life on any forum!
EB
What do you suppose they would do instead?

Keep it to themselves?

Furthermore that's just your confirmation bias playing tricks on you. My job makes me spend 90% of my time on a computer.
All you see is this window. You don't see the 15 other windows that I am working on.

But, believe what you want to believe :)
Last edited by Logik on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Speakpigeon
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Paris, France, EU

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Speakpigeon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:14 pm

Logik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:04 pm
Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:03 pm
Logik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:45 pm
YOU can solve decision problems in a single operation.
YOU can decide if x = x is True, or if x = x is False.
YOU are a computer.
You, the computer have INVENTED Mathematics!
Welcome to my world.
Where's the problem already?
EB
It's an axiom. False authority.
You have invented a God.
And you discriminate against everybody who is not part of your religion.
You demented.
An axiom is just a convention between consenting adults.
You're free to choose whatever axiom you prefer and you should know that's exactly what mathematicians do.
It's just an empirical fact that the Law of Identity is accepted by 99.999% of people on earth.
Please note you're the one making a truth claim. People merely accept the Law of Identity. They don't pretend to be able to claim it's true, let alone prove it. You on the other hand claim to prove it false! Whoa.
EB

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Logik » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:16 pm

Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:14 pm
An axiom is just a convention between consenting adults.
Perfect! So you also recognize that the notion of God is also an axiom between consenting adults?

If one can reject God, then one can also reject your axiom. Right?
Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:14 pm
You're free to choose whatever axiom you prefer and you should know that's exactly what mathematicians do.
Yes. I've chosen to reject all axioms. Thank you for your permission.
Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:14 pm
It's just an empirical fact that the Law of Identity is accepted by 99.999% of people on earth.
Citation needed.

Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:14 pm
Please note you're the one making a truth claim.
No i am not. I am rejecting one.

Saying "God does not exist" is not a truth claim, is it?
Saying "Identity is false" is not a truth claim either.

Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:14 pm
People merely accept the Law of Identity. They don't pretend to be able to claim it's true, let alone prove it. You on the other hand claim to prove it false! Whoa.
EB
PRECISELY. That's how science works!!!! All theories are subject to falsification.
Last edited by Logik on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Speakpigeon
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Paris, France, EU

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Speakpigeon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:17 pm

Logik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:10 pm
Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:07 pm
Yes, that's what I thought. Anybody with anything like a substantial discovery would definitely not spend most of his life on any forum!
EB
What do you suppose they would do instead?
Keep it to themselves?
Not waste you're precious time talking to people who will never accept your fraudulent proof.
Logik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:10 pm
Furthermore that's just your confirmation bias playing tricks on you. My job makes me spend 90% of my time on a computer.
All you see is this window. You don't see the 15 other windows that I am working on.
But, believe what you want to believe :)
That's exactly what I thought.
EB

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Logik » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:17 pm
Not waste you're precious time talking to people who will never accept your fraudulent proof.
I am not asking people to accept a "fraudulent" proof.

It's a real proof...
Last edited by Logik on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Speakpigeon
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Paris, France, EU

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Speakpigeon » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Logik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:16 pm
Perfect. So there's no problem rejecting it if on good grounds.
Yes. I've chosen to reject all axioms. Thank you for your permission.
I am rejecting a false authority.
That's how science works!!!! All theories are subject to falsification.
So, what's your point already.
EB

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Logik » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:19 pm

Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:18 pm
Logik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:16 pm
Perfect. So there's no problem rejecting it if on good grounds.
Yes. I've chosen to reject all axioms. Thank you for your permission.
I am rejecting a false authority.
That's how science works!!!! All theories are subject to falsification.
So, what's your point already.
EB
None whatsoever. You are the one who seems to be triggered, and so you have embarked on a crusade to defend your religion, while hurling all sorts of insults at me.

You already admitted that you make arbitrary choices and construct arbitrary languages/logics based on arbitrary axioms without any mention of empiricism in the equation. This is a formula for truisms, not a formula for truth.

And that's all I need to prove my point ;)

That you act like a constructivist, but you say that you aren't.

That is what dogma is. Too bad, you could have actually learned something if you spent less time fighting me.

Two kinds of people in this universe:
Fellow travelers and useful idiots ;)
Last edited by Logik on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Logik » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:22 pm

Atla wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:00 pm
Poor Logikal Timeseeker spending almost every minute of every day for half a year on this forum, and achieving less than nothing. :)

How high is the utility value of that?
1. Utility is higher than writing an academic thesis.
2. Achieved more than nothing: https://repl.it/@LogikLogicus/INTEGERS

New Mathematical Foundation ;)

Observe your lame attempts to regain control of the success/failure criterion.
Life is just no fun when people don't respond to the usual shaming tactics.

Poor Atla, spending so much of his time and energy trying to prove himself worthy at my expense.
I am sorry your life didn't pan out as you had hoped...

You have been an useful idiot to bounce ideas off. Thanks.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Logik » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:47 pm

Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:17 pm
Not waste you're precious time talking to people who will never accept your fraudulent proof.
The credibility of my proof is a red herring.

1. You have not stated what kind of proof you WOULD accept (so I am going with none whatsoever).
2. You could have just said "My religion works for me". Which is a perfectly fine answer in a society we have constructed where freedom of religion is a human right.

If you were never going to accept what I am saying, then why did you spend so much time fighting me?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets be honest, you had zero intention of changing your mind when you started your little crusade.
Last edited by Logik on Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atla
Posts: 2491
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Atla » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:52 pm

Logik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:22 pm
Atla wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:00 pm
Poor Logikal Timeseeker spending almost every minute of every day for half a year on this forum, and achieving less than nothing. :)

How high is the utility value of that?
1. Utility is higher than writing an academic thesis.
2. Achieved more than nothing: https://repl.it/@LogikLogicus/INTEGERS

New Mathematical Foundation ;)

Observe your lame attempts to regain control of the success/failure criterion.
Life is just no fun when people don't respond to the usual shaming tactics.

Poor Atla, spending so much of his time and energy trying to prove himself worthy at my expense.
I am sorry your life didn't pan out as you had hoped...

You have been an useful idiot to bounce ideas off. Thanks.
It's satisfying watching you lose it. The NPD's defense mechanisms can be made to backfire badly :)

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Logik » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:54 pm

Atla wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:52 pm
It's satisfying watching you lose it. The NPD's defense mechanisms can be made to backfire badly :)
Did you get that from a psychology textbook? ;)

Too bad psychologists aren't on good term with empiricism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicati ... psychology

On the other hand, your confession of schandenfraude speaks volumes as to your character.
So I have no shame in saying that you are a despicable human being ;)

Atla
Posts: 2491
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Atla » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:59 pm

Logik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:54 pm
Atla wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:52 pm
It's satisfying watching you lose it. The NPD's defense mechanisms can be made to backfire badly :)
Did you get that from a psychology textbook? ;)

Too bad psychologists aren't on good term with empiricism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicati ... psychology

On the other hand, your confession of schandenfraude speaks volumes as to your character.
Neutralizing NPDs is the morally right thing to do. Only hypocrites will say otherwise.

Besides I told you from the start that I'm merely studying your form of insanity. Should have listened :)

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Logik » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:00 pm

Atla wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:59 pm
Neutralizing NPDs is the morally right thing to do. Only hypocrites will say otherwise.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it's a witch - it will swim!

Your confirmation bias runs so deep, you are actually incapable of "studying" anything.
Not in any scientifically-meaningful manner anyway.

Atla
Posts: 2491
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:27 am

Re: The death of Classical logic and the birth of Constructive Mathematics

Post by Atla » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:03 pm

Logik wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:00 pm
Atla wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:59 pm
Neutralizing NPDs is the morally right thing to do. Only hypocrites will say otherwise.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it's a witch - it will swim!

Your confirmation bias runs so deep, you are actually incapable of "studying" anything.
Not in any scientifically-meaningful manner anyway.
Still too dumb to listen :lol:

Ah well, perfectly normal for an NPD

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest