Consciousness is not the property of a Brain.

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Consciousness is not the property of a Brain.

Post by Dontaskme »

What you are looking for, when talking about consciousness being a property of the brain is where you are actually looking from.

Where are you actually looking from? ...can you know the exact location of where you are looking from?

Consciousness is what's looking, and that which is looking cannot be in the thing it is looking at, for the thing that is looked upon is locatable whereas consciousness the looker is not.

Are you looking from inside a locatable brain, or is the brain the looked upon by that which cannot be located?

This means that consciousness is not a property of the brain, and that there simply is no brain apart from consciousness, because the brain is the looked upon, and not the looker...that which is looked upon cannot see anything because if the brain that is already looked upon can also be the seer then that would imply two lookers in the same instant which is absurd.

Dontaskme

Re: Consciousness is not the property of a Brain.

Post by Dontaskme »

A brain is a 'perceived object'. Nothing perceived can perceive.

Any idea that there is a 'perceiver inside the perceived' is just an idea.

Consciousness is in no brain, every brain is in Consciounsness as an image... sensations, etc..

By what proof is it perceived that 'physical objects' exist? ...What's seeing?

Life is a dream, nothing is happening.

Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

pineal glands aside...

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Consciousness can never know another consciousness.

It cannot know if another person is conscious because it would have to be that other person as well as itself...which is impossible.

There is an assumption that another person is conscious only because you are conscious.

And that is why consciousness is the only thing there is, there is nothing outside of it. It's self evident, consciousness is the one and only SELF.

Therefore, the SELF which is consciousness can never be repeated, or recreated...because it's an original, it has no copy, it's un-created.

surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

So is it true to say : I am not conscious but a manifestation of consciousness ?
As the body / mind that is me is an illusion as only consciousness itself is real

I only think I am real because the illusion is so powerful it can be hard to deny
This may very well be true but as I said before it is incredibly counter intuitive
Ramu

Post by Ramu »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:53 pm So is it true to say : I am not conscious but a manifestation of consciousness ?
As the body / mind that is me is an illusion as only consciousness itself is real

I only think I am real because the illusion is so powerful it can be hard to deny
This may very well be true but as I said before it is incredibly counter intuitive
Body is a projection of consciousness.
Walker

Post by Walker »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:53 pm So is it true to say : I am not conscious but a manifestation of consciousness ?

As a child you also thought that your body was real.
That body is gone yet you remain.
What remains is real.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:09 pmAre you looking from inside a locatable brain, or is the brain the looked upon by that which cannot be located?

This means that consciousness is not a property of the brain, and that there simply is no brain apart from consciousness, because the brain is the looked upon, and not the looker...that which is looked upon cannot see anything because if the brain that is already looked upon can also be the seer then that would imply two lookers in the same instant which is absurd.
This sounds like mad skitzo rave and ramblings! Dude shut up and go elsewhere where you can spew your pure nonsense and babble!!!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sometimes what feels counter intuitive may actually be a divine gift in disguise staring you in the face to get you to face something that is more real.

Existence just IS....there is only ISness without any concept or image of itself, and this realisation for no one is the real and pure ISness of being.
Existence is not an illusion, the illusion is that there is a someone/something that is living existence. No thing is living, no thing is dying, these are just appearances which are not really happening. That which comes and goes isn't real. What's real is that which doesn't come and go.
Even that which appears to come and go doesn't actually go anywhere, or come from anything...where would it go, where would it come from? There is only the totality of everything and nothing right here now always and forever...the forever formless changing from one form to another. Emptiness is form, form is emptiness. That's all that's going on.

Winter may look like everything has died and left the world, but come spring and summer it's all back again. There is nowhere for anything to go. It's all here, everything and nothing infinitely for eternity.

You are infinity for eternity right now, you were this state of pure ISness before you ever became aware of yourself. When you became aware of yourself, you split from who you really are and entered the dream world of otherness(duality) ...this phenomena is born out of attachment, born out of indentifying with the conceptual thought of you. In reality there is no concept or image of you except the conception itself, what no thing conceives itself to be. It is seen by the enlightened one, aka you, the youless you...that on closer inspection, all images of what I conceive myself to be are empty, they are just reflections of my imageless consciousness...that I am projecting onto my blank screen of awareness, inseparable from that screen.

There is no one or thing here to conceive themself into being, you already ARE BEING...and as soon as you say I AM being, then duality is born out of that sense of I exist.. this is known as the conceptual dream where each character within the dream in and of itself has no substance or reality. The dreamt character is synonymous with that of a character in a nightly dream, it's the same idea.

Hell is when I get caught in believing in any thought of who I AM. Drop the thought and see there never was any (individual separate you) apart from the all that is, was, and ever will be... this ever present ISness...aka consciousness.