How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Logik » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:06 am

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:47 am
Then if it is made up and it works, a book works as well and your point is bunk.
Well, sandpaper works for wiping your ass too.
But I imagine toilet paper works better.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:34 pm

Logik wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:06 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:47 am
Then if it is made up and it works, a book works as well and your point is bunk.
Well, sandpaper works for wiping your ass too.
But I imagine toilet paper works better.
So that is how you view knowledge aquisition metaphorically? It is equivalent to the process of wiping one's ass? Is that how you feel about your product?

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Logik » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:38 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:34 pm
So that is how you view knowledge aquisition metaphorically? It is equivalent to the process of wiping one's ass? Is that how you feel about your product?
Metaphorically speaking, if knowledge acquisition was the same as wiping one's ass.

I am selling you double-ply, soft and scented (but not skin-irritating) toilet paper.

You are welcome to keep using sandpaper.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:51 pm

Logik wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:38 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:34 pm
So that is how you view knowledge aquisition metaphorically? It is equivalent to the process of wiping one's ass? Is that how you feel about your product?
Metaphorically speaking, if knowledge acquisition was the same as wiping one's ass.

I am selling you double-ply, soft and scented (but not skin-irritating) toilet paper.

You are welcome to keep using sandpaper.
Well if knowledge is the equivalent of wiping one's ass, and what you sell is a tool to manipulate knowledge, but this in itself is knowledge...it appears you like to play with your asshole alot. Which is fine and all, last night you where telling me how you touch your balls when reading what I have to write.

Honestly I am flattered.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Logik » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:51 pm
Well if knowledge is the equivalent of wiping one's ass, and what you sell is a tool to manipulate knowledge, but this in itself is knowledge...it appears you like to play with your asshole alot. Which is fine and all, last night you where telling me how you touch your balls when reading what I have to write.

Honestly I am flattered.
Flattered or not, correlation is not causation.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:10 pm

Logik wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:55 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:51 pm
Well if knowledge is the equivalent of wiping one's ass, and what you sell is a tool to manipulate knowledge, but this in itself is knowledge...it appears you like to play with your asshole alot. Which is fine and all, last night you where telling me how you touch your balls when reading what I have to write.

Honestly I am flattered.
Flattered or not, correlation is not causation.
Explain why. I gave a simple connect the dot's argument. A leads to B Because of C.

You repeating something you learned in a textbook, like some "drone" who has an identity issue, does not count for truth.

Explain why this is "not true":

1. Correlative relations exist as the cause for further correlative relations.



Wait, wait, "Semantics!!!!"...says the man pushing lambda calculus as a tool of symbol manipulation.

Who is the real sophist?

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Logik » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:14 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:10 pm
Explain why. I gave a simple connect the dot's argument. A leads to B Because of C.
Because an alternative hypothesis exists.

One in which you aren't the causal factor.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:16 pm

Logik wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:14 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:10 pm
Explain why. I gave a simple connect the dot's argument. A leads to B Because of C.
Because an alternative hypothesis exists.

One in which you aren't the causal factor.
False, because that hypothesis is a cause of the experiment.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Logik » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:16 pm
False, because that hypothesis is a cause of the experiment.
False. There are two experiments.

The one you are running.
And the one I am running.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:29 pm

Logik wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:17 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:16 pm
False, because that hypothesis is a cause of the experiment.
False. There are two experiments.

The one you are running.
And the one I am running.
False there is a third; the one everyone else is running.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Logik » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:29 pm
False there is a third; the one everyone else is running.
So that's 8.5 billion experiments then

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:36 pm

Logik wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:32 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:29 pm
False there is a third; the one everyone else is running.
So that's 8.5 billion experiments then
You are not taking into account the change in time.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Logik » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:38 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:36 pm
You are not taking into account the change in time.
You haven't provided a time-interval.

User avatar
Eodnhoj7
Posts: 4975
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:18 am

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Eodnhoj7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:45 pm

Logik wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:38 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:36 pm
You are not taking into account the change in time.
You haven't provided a time-interval.
I don't have to, because the experiment is continually ongoing.

All value systems exist through a continual process of renewal in the face of internal/external environmental factors and as such exist in a constant series of variations while maintaining core elements.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: How construct a sound Ethical Theory?

Post by Logik » Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:46 pm

Eodnhoj7 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:45 pm
I don't have to, because the experiment is continually ongoing.
That's not an experiment, that's a phenomenon.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest