The Wrong God

So what's really going on?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Greylorn Ell

Re: The Wrong God

Post by Greylorn Ell »

AlexW wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:23 am
Greylorn Ell wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:30 am Science's (to be specific, cosmology's) singularity has no cause, no point or time of origin. Any concept about where it first appeared makes no sense because "where" is a concept dependent on space, and possibly upon time (a.k.a. "when") as well. Neither time nor space could have existed at the instant of the singularity's appearance. Whatever, at some unknown time after its inexplicable and uncaused manifestation, the singularity spontaneously (i.e. without cause or reason) exploded into our universe...
Have you ever considered that this "singularity" might not have "exploded" as such?
That it is still perfectly unharmed and infinitely/indefinitely existing - that it is the only "thing" that actually really exists? That space-time has actually only been thought into "existence"...

If there is - or ever was - such a no-thing as infinity/eternity then, by definition, there can be no separate things. Not then and not now or ever. There can only be ideas of such things, ideas of cause and effect etc... if one follows the idea of separation (including cause and effect etc.) to its ultimate and final end one will eventually find that... there is none. So, where do we end up? In infinite being (and a huge collection of conceptual thought that attempts to prove the opposite).
No. You may go away now. GL
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

Age wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:08 pm
Logik wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:20 pm
Age wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:30 pm

But I ALREADY have the answers of "Why?"

No homework needed. Only honesty, openness, and inquisitiveness was needed.

Obviously there is nothing to study for homework because you human beings are still looking for answers, and still presuming that things are hard and complex. There is absolutely NOTHING in nor about Life that is hard nor complex. Only you human beings make things seem hard and complex. That is WHY you still do NOT have the answers.
That sounds like a “how” to me.

Not a why.
You may be right, WHY human beings are still somewhat confused and still looking for answers is because they are NOT Truly OPEN.
You and dipshit are sandbagging this thread. Stop it. GL
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

Age wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:13 pm
Greylorn Ell wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:57 pm
Age wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:30 pm

But I ALREADY have the answers of "Why?"

No homework needed. Only honesty, openness, and inquisitiveness was needed.

Obviously there is nothing to study for homework because you human beings are still looking for answers, and still presuming that things are hard and complex. There is absolutely NOTHING in nor about Life that is hard nor complex. Only you human beings make things seem hard and complex. That is WHY you still do NOT have the answers.
Phrases like "Only you human beings..." suggest to me that you are a complete fruitcake, maybe a 16 yo kid whose mother was stupid enough to buy it a computer before it had graduated from the comic book stage. Please have the courtesy to move your nonsense to a different thread-- of even better to a different forum. This will be my last communication to you.
Fair enough, you are FREE to ASSUME and BELIEVE whatever you want to ASSUME and BELIEVE.

Being OPEN, inquisitive, and clarifying is NOT one of adult human being's best traits.
I've had enough of your bullshit. Stop. GL
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Greylorn Ell wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:53 am No. You may go away now. GL
It’s quite funny how you try to protect your precious thread from “sandbagging”. Everything you don’t understand or doesn’t fit your agenda is rejected by the almighty owner of the holy thread. Why are you posting? So people may acknowledge your superior wisdom? Self gratification?
Greylorn Ell

Post by Greylorn Ell »

AlexW wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:03 pm
Greylorn Ell wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:53 am No. You may go away now. GL
It’s quite funny how you try to protect your precious thread from “sandbagging”. Everything you don’t understand or doesn’t fit your agenda is rejected by the almighty owner of the holy thread. Why are you posting? So people may acknowledge your superior wisdom? Self gratification?
Not at all. I write only to serve others, in whatever manner they need to be served.

For example, there are a number of low I.Q. individuals who might learn and increase their I.Q. level by playing the simple game of "switch." It is a basic game, like crawling for a young child, and more important than it might appear. To serve such a child one must give it crawling space, like the living room rug or the back yard grass. Putting the little bugger in a crib is stultifying. For a young child, crawling is an extremely important game.

"Switch" is the perfect game for people like yourself. It requires no intelligence-- just reactions. To play, you put your right index finger in your mouth, then stick your left index finger up your ass. When the starting bell rings, start playing until you learn that not all orifices are alike. You have all the space and time you need to figure things out, or do nothing whatsoever.

Do let us know which orifice is your favorite, if either. GL
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Greylorn Ell wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:25 am Not at all. I write only to serve others, in whatever manner they need to be served.
You seem to be a funny guy, shame you have no manners - quite surprising for someone your age.
Being rude is a sign for an inferiority complex, but never for wisdom.
If you can only be decent to people you deem worthy you really have a far way to go... good luck.
Wyman

Post by Wyman »

Greylorn Ell wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:51 am
Wyman wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:25 am So is your Aeon space (or its force) linked to consciousness in your theory?
Wyman,

Yes. I see it as the space from which single potentially conscious units came into being.

The force manifested by Aeon space is that which powers the deepest level of your mind, and even of mine now and then.

Of course there is more to be added by way of explanation, like how those units realize their potential.

Greylorn
That is an interesting theory, especially as it ties to how consciousness, or life, seems (maybe) to run counter to the laws of thermodynamics. I remember a long time ago having interesting discussion with you on the topic. But you have to elaborate on your theory, as right now, in this thread, it is very ambiguous as stated so far.
Logik

Post by Logik »

AlexW wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:45 am Being rude is a sign for an inferiority complex, but never for wisdom.
It is also a sign of somebody who values their time.

If the dynamic posits that you are the teacher and I am the student, it's entirely at your own discretion whether you should spend your time towards my education.
AlexW wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:45 am If you can only be decent to people you deem worthy you really have a far way to go... good luck.
The same can be said for people who take "rudeness" personally. They can be incredibly annoying to work with. An unnecessary amount of energy is spent on measuring one's words instead of measuring one's thoughts.

If I had a choice in the matter (e.g I could engineer my crowd) I prefer to work with people who have a thick skin.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Logik wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:11 pm It is also a sign of somebody who values their time.

If the dynamic posits that you are the teacher and I am the student, it's entirely at your own discretion whether you should spend your time towards my education.
I have no interest in teaching anything to you - all I do is write about how I see/experience things.
Remember it is you, not me, that is chiming in on discussions with other people and is thus starting a conversation between us.
If you have no interest in what I have to say, simply don't talk to me - I wont be offended - it's as easy as that.
Logik

Post by Logik »

AlexW wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:34 pm I have no interest in teaching anything to you - all I do is write about how I see/experience things.
And yet I learn a new perspective if I listen to you.
AlexW wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:34 pm Remember it is you, not me, that is chiming in on discussions with other people and is thus starting a conversation between us.
Yes. In an attempt to teach you a new perspective.
AlexW wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:34 pm If you have no interest in what I have to say, simply don't talk to me - I wont be offended - it's as easy as that.
So you have nothing to teach, but you want people to listen to you? Interesting.

Have you tried going to a pub?
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Logik wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:42 pm So you have nothing to teach, but you want people to listen to you? Interesting.
I like talking to people, yes, discussing perspectives.
I don't want to teach anyone anything, I want them to LOOK for themselves. This is my only interest.
There are way too many teachings out there, all useless if one doesn't actually look at his/her own momentary experience and investigate it in perfect honesty with the aim of finding out what is really happening.
Logik

Post by Logik »

AlexW wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:59 pm I like talking to people, yes, discussing perspectives.
OK.
AlexW wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:59 pm I don't want to teach anyone anything, I want them to LOOK for themselves. This is my only interest.
And yet you aren't looking by yourself or for yourself. You want to look with other people.
AlexW wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:59 pm There are way too many teachings out there, all useless if one doesn't actually look at his/her own momentary experience and investigate it in perfect honesty with the aim of finding out what is really happening.
Naturally. Because most teachers are trying to justify their own way.

I don't think I am doing that (but maybe I am mistaken). But the first thing I ask everybody who seems to be looking: What do you want? What are you looking for and how will you tell you have found it?

Which are probably the most important questions you could ask on the journey of "Know thyself".
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Logik wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:09 pm And yet you aren't looking by yourself or for yourself. You want to look with other people.
I have looked. Not thought, but LOOKED.
You cant do this with "other people"
Someone can point you into the right direction so you know where to look, but looking you must do by yourself.
Logik wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:09 pm But the first thing I ask everybody who seems to be looking: What do you want? What are you looking for and how will you tell you have found it?
I like that.
Logik

Post by Logik »

AlexW wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:14 pm Someone can point you into the right direction so you know where to look, but looking you must do by yourself.
Naturally - that's why the Socratic method works ;)

The question plants the seed.
AlexW

Post by AlexW »

Finally we agree on something :-)