The Liar's paradox

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
Speakpigeon
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: Paris, France, EU

Re: The Liar's paradox

Post by Speakpigeon » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 pm

Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm
This is further supported by your “zero possibility for the facts to be wrong” attitude.
You're being illogical.
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm
You are dogmatic.
Nothing dogmatic in a logical truth.
Unless you could prove it's not a logical truth after all.
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm
I can determine that I don’t know anything
So you know you know nothing. OK.
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm
If you think you know something the surely you have solved them? Tell us how.
I certainly don't know how I come to know stuff but I do. There's nothing else to say.
You seem to have an extremely weird understanding of very basic notions we are supposed to all have in common.
How do you even manage in life, I wonder!
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm
To the fool anything he doesn’t understand is insanity. Not for once ocuring to him that his own understanding is limited.
You don't know what you're talking about.
And you've already admitted as much.
QED.
EB

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The Liar's paradox

Post by Logik » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:51 pm

Speakpigeon wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 pm
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm
This is further supported by your “zero possibility for the facts to be wrong” attitude.
You're being illogical.
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm
You are dogmatic.
Nothing dogmatic in a logical truth.
Unless you could prove it's not a logical truth after all.
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm
I can determine that I don’t know anything
So you know you know nothing. OK.
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm
If you think you know something the surely you have solved them? Tell us how.
I certainly don't know how I come to know stuff but I do. There's nothing else to say.
You seem to have an extremely weird understanding of very basic notions we are supposed to all have in common.
How do you even manage in life, I wonder!
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm
To the fool anything he doesn’t understand is insanity. Not for once ocuring to him that his own understanding is limited.
You don't know what you're talking about.
And you've already admitted as much.
QED.
EB
You know what they say about playing chess with pigeons...

I am aware of my ignorance. And that is good enough for me.

Age
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The Liar's paradox

Post by Age » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:31 pm
Age wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:08 pm
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm

Bandwagon fallacy.

By Occam’s razor ( and since I am providing references for all my “insanity”) I would venture a guess that the simpler explanation is your ignorance, not my insanity. This is further supported by your “zero possibility for the facts to be wrong” attitude.

You are dogmatic.

I can determine that I don’t know anything because I don’t know how to solve the problems of justification or criterion in epistemology. They are as yet unsolved.
You forgot to add that they are as yet unsolved 'TO YOU'.

Just because a solution has not yet been shown TO YOU does NOT mean that that thing has as yet not been solved and the solution does not yet exist.

Depending on your definitions, the so called "problems" of justification or criterion in epistemology has already been solved.
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:46 pm
If you think you know something the surely you have solved them? Tell us how.

To the fool anything he doesn’t understand is insanity. Not for once ocuring to him that his own understanding is limited.
In 2019 we don’t care about truth by revelation.

The last guy who revealed Truth got nailed to a cross...
Once again you mean 'you' do not care.

By the way how do you receive solutions if you do not find them yourself?

What do you call that process when you finally become aware of the solution to problems?

If you call receiving solutions from reading them in a book or by hearing them spoken to you is not by revelation, then so be it. But this still has NOTHING whatsoever to do with what I am saying here, which is; If you have not yet come across a solution, then that does not mean that the solution has not yet already been found.

You come across as though if you are not yet aware of some thing, then it must not exist. I am telling you that that is NOT the truth.

I agree that you do NOT know how to solve some problems, that is very obvious. Even the reason WHY you can not solve some problems is very obvious also. But I am saying that those problems, which you can NOT yet solve, can be very easily solved, and have ALREADY been solved.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The Liar's paradox

Post by Logik » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:42 pm

Age wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:39 pm
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:31 pm
Age wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:08 pm


You forgot to add that they are as yet unsolved 'TO YOU'.

Just because a solution has not yet been shown TO YOU does NOT mean that that thing has as yet not been solved and the solution does not yet exist.

Depending on your definitions, the so called "problems" of justification or criterion in epistemology has already been solved.

In 2019 we don’t care about truth by revelation.

The last guy who revealed Truth got nailed to a cross...
Once again you mean 'you' do not care.

By the way how do you receive solutions if you do not find them yourself?

What do you call that process when you finally become aware of the solution to problems?

If you call receiving solutions from reading them in a book or by hearing them spoken to you is not by revelation, then so be it. But this still has NOTHING whatsoever to do with what I am saying here, which is; If you have not yet come across a solution, then that does not mean that the solution has not yet already been found.

You come across as though if you are not yet aware of some thing, then it must not exist. I am telling you that that is NOT the truth.

I agree that you do NOT know how to solve some problems, that is very obvious. Even the reason WHY you can not solve some problems is very obvious also. But I am saying that those problems, which you can NOT yet solve, can be very easily solved, and have ALREADY been solved.
Fuck off. Moron.

Go practice self-flagilation with somebody else.

Age
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The Liar's paradox

Post by Age » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:59 pm

Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:42 pm
Age wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:39 pm
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:31 pm


In 2019 we don’t care about truth by revelation.

The last guy who revealed Truth got nailed to a cross...
Once again you mean 'you' do not care.

By the way how do you receive solutions if you do not find them yourself?

What do you call that process when you finally become aware of the solution to problems?

If you call receiving solutions from reading them in a book or by hearing them spoken to you is not by revelation, then so be it. But this still has NOTHING whatsoever to do with what I am saying here, which is; If you have not yet come across a solution, then that does not mean that the solution has not yet already been found.

You come across as though if you are not yet aware of some thing, then it must not exist. I am telling you that that is NOT the truth.

I agree that you do NOT know how to solve some problems, that is very obvious. Even the reason WHY you can not solve some problems is very obvious also. But I am saying that those problems, which you can NOT yet solve, can be very easily solved, and have ALREADY been solved.
Fuck off. Moron.

Go practice self-flagilation with somebody else.
What was the reason for this kind of response and not just answering the OPEN clarifying questions asked to you instead?

Are you incapable of answering the questions or did you just not want to? Or, did you learn some thing and/or have some thing revealed to? Why do you NOT just answer the clarifying questions?

You say 'you' do not care about truth by revelation. I am asking you what do you call the process of obtaining truth?

By stating that 'you' do not care about the FACT that Truth is actually revealed to you, then this is implying that you always discover Truth on your own, that there is another process to obtaining Truth, or some thing else. If you want to make remarks but are unable to or do not want to elaborate on those remarks and make it clear what you are TRYING TO say, then so be it. But if you want to talk, expect to get asked for clarity.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The Liar's paradox

Post by Logik » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:02 pm

Age wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:59 pm
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:42 pm
Age wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:39 pm


Once again you mean 'you' do not care.

By the way how do you receive solutions if you do not find them yourself?

What do you call that process when you finally become aware of the solution to problems?

If you call receiving solutions from reading them in a book or by hearing them spoken to you is not by revelation, then so be it. But this still has NOTHING whatsoever to do with what I am saying here, which is; If you have not yet come across a solution, then that does not mean that the solution has not yet already been found.

You come across as though if you are not yet aware of some thing, then it must not exist. I am telling you that that is NOT the truth.

I agree that you do NOT know how to solve some problems, that is very obvious. Even the reason WHY you can not solve some problems is very obvious also. But I am saying that those problems, which you can NOT yet solve, can be very easily solved, and have ALREADY been solved.
Fuck off. Moron.

Go practice self-flagilation with somebody else.
What was the reason for this kind of response and not just answering the OPEN clarifying questions asked to you instead?

Are you incapable of answering the questions or did you just not want to? Or, did you learn some thing and/or have some thing revealed to? Why do you NOT just answer the clarifying questions?

You say 'you' do not care about truth by revelation. I am asking you what do you call the process of obtaining truth?

By stating that 'you' do not care about the FACT that Truth is actually revealed to you, then this is implying that you always discover Truth on your own, that there is another process to obtaining Truth, or some thing else. If you want to make remarks but are unable to or do not want to elaborate on those remarks and make it clear what you are TRYING TO say, then so be it. But if you want to talk, expect to get asked for clarity.
When I asked you for clarity you reacted like somebody pulled your tampon out.

Go waste somebody else’s time.

Age
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The Liar's paradox

Post by Age » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:39 pm

Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:02 pm
Age wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:59 pm
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:42 pm

Fuck off. Moron.

Go practice self-flagilation with somebody else.
What was the reason for this kind of response and not just answering the OPEN clarifying questions asked to you instead?

Are you incapable of answering the questions or did you just not want to? Or, did you learn some thing and/or have some thing revealed to? Why do you NOT just answer the clarifying questions?

You say 'you' do not care about truth by revelation. I am asking you what do you call the process of obtaining truth?

By stating that 'you' do not care about the FACT that Truth is actually revealed to you, then this is implying that you always discover Truth on your own, that there is another process to obtaining Truth, or some thing else. If you want to make remarks but are unable to or do not want to elaborate on those remarks and make it clear what you are TRYING TO say, then so be it. But if you want to talk, expect to get asked for clarity.
When I asked you for clarity you reacted like somebody pulled your tampon out.

Go waste somebody else’s time.
Now that is what I have been waiting for.

Would you really like me to answer them because I would love to?

But just remember you asked for clarity from some preconceived ideas of what the answers will/might be. Also remember that you asked those questions which are in relation to just about nothing that I was actually talking about as well.

By the way your completely vivid and over the top and WRONG imagination of how I supposedly reacted will not help you in learning more and anew.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: The Liar's paradox

Post by Logik » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:52 pm

Age wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:39 pm
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:02 pm
Age wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:59 pm


What was the reason for this kind of response and not just answering the OPEN clarifying questions asked to you instead?

Are you incapable of answering the questions or did you just not want to? Or, did you learn some thing and/or have some thing revealed to? Why do you NOT just answer the clarifying questions?

You say 'you' do not care about truth by revelation. I am asking you what do you call the process of obtaining truth?

By stating that 'you' do not care about the FACT that Truth is actually revealed to you, then this is implying that you always discover Truth on your own, that there is another process to obtaining Truth, or some thing else. If you want to make remarks but are unable to or do not want to elaborate on those remarks and make it clear what you are TRYING TO say, then so be it. But if you want to talk, expect to get asked for clarity.
When I asked you for clarity you reacted like somebody pulled your tampon out.

Go waste somebody else’s time.
Now that is what I have been waiting for.

Would you really like me to answer them because I would love to?

But just remember you asked for clarity from some preconceived ideas of what the answers will/might be. Also remember that you asked those questions which are in relation to just about nothing that I was actually talking about as well.

By the way your completely vivid and over the top and WRONG imagination of how I supposedly reacted will not help you in learning more and anew.
I am taking a shit right now.

In this simple activity I have learned far more than I've learned while talking to you.

Age
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: The Liar's paradox

Post by Age » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:14 am

Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:52 pm
Age wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:39 pm
Logik wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:02 pm


When I asked you for clarity you reacted like somebody pulled your tampon out.

Go waste somebody else’s time.
Now that is what I have been waiting for.

Would you really like me to answer them because I would love to?

But just remember you asked for clarity from some preconceived ideas of what the answers will/might be. Also remember that you asked those questions which are in relation to just about nothing that I was actually talking about as well.

By the way your completely vivid and over the top and WRONG imagination of how I supposedly reacted will not help you in learning more and anew.
I am taking a shit right now.

In this simple activity I have learned far more than I've learned while talking to you.
That is good. I am happy for you.

Now back to the issue at hand, do you want me to answer your questions or not?

Also I would not expect such a well learned and educated person like yourself could learn anything from anyone like me.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests