Why lazyness is good

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

HexHammer

Re: Why lazyness is good

Post by HexHammer »

philosopher wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:38 pm 1. Lazy people don't bother going to war.
2. If everybody were lazy, there would be no wars.
3. Conclusion: If there were no wars, there would be eternal peace = good.
...bit too simplistic view, lazy people can be rich and instead wage proxy wars.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

philosopher wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:38 pm Lazy people don't bother going to war.
Lazy people passively accept being drafted. It takes some effort to actively avoid conscription.
Last edited by commonsense on Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logik

Post by Logik »

I divide my officers into four groups. There are clever, diligent, stupid, and lazy officers. Usually two characteristics are combined. Some are clever and diligent -- their place is the General Staff. The next lot are stupid and lazy -- they make up 90 percent of every army and are suited to routine duties. Anyone who is both clever and lazy is qualified for the highest leadership duties, because he possesses the intellectual clarity and the composure necessary for difficult decisions. One must beware of anyone who is stupid and diligent -- he must not be entrusted with any responsibility because he will always cause only mischief. --Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Frank N Stein wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:12 pm Is it embarrassing to Americans to spell words correctly? Is that part of the general anti-intellectualism?
Yes and yes.

More so than embarrassment at being correct are the shamelessness and ignorance of being incorrect.

Many years ago it was to one’s honored credit to be able to write and speak American English, including not only spelling and grammar but vocabulary as well. To be able to do the same in the Queen’s English also was considered to be a sign of advanced learning.

The modern product of American public education is likely to have spent insufficient time on language skills. After all, there are word processors that can check for spelling and grammar.
philosopher

Post by philosopher »

commonsense wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:55 pm
philosopher wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:38 pm Lazy people don't bother going to war.
Lazy people passively accept being drafted. It takes some effort to actively avoid conscription.
All draft-dodgers are heroes though.

Anyone in favor of innocent people being forced to do any kind of labor duty (facing imprisonment if they refuse), are worth less than dog shit.
That's my opinion.
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

philosopher wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:26 pm

All draft-dodgers are heroes though.

Absolutely spot-on, and yet they have always been vilified and often tortured and murdered because of a public that is only too eager to believe any bullshit their politicians tell them. The public has the whole 'hero' crap backwards. How can someone who goes off to kill people they don't know from Adam be called a 'hero', while someone who endures public hatred and incarceration and even death simply because they refuse to bow to the demands of some POS in office, be labelled a 'coward'?

The wonderful Muhammad Ali: 'No Viet Cong ever called me n*****, or lynched me.....why would I want to go kill their children, rape their women....'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd9aIamXjQI
philosopher

Post by philosopher »

Frank N Stein wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:45 pm Absolutely spot-on, and yet they have always been vilified and often tortured and murdered because of a public that is only too eager to believe any bullshit their politicians tell them. The public has the whole 'hero' crap backwards. How can someone who goes off to kill people they don't know from Adam be called a 'hero', while someone who endures public hatred and incarceration and even death simply because they refuse to bow to the demands of some POS in office, be labelled a 'coward'?
This is exactly why I say most people (or at the very least, a large minority) are psychopathic sadistic evil maniacs. Because most people want conscription, most people want to be ruled by dictatorship (populist dictatorship, that is).

Look at Turkey. There you have the People's Rule (democracy) right in front of you.
Democracy run wild = conscription.

Ukraine's former dictator actually abolished conscription. Then the PEOPLE got the power, and re-instated conscription.

That's democracy, and conscription is my main argument against democracy.
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

philosopher wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:54 pm
Frank N Stein wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:45 pm Absolutely spot-on, and yet they have always been vilified and often tortured and murdered because of a public that is only too eager to believe any bullshit their politicians tell them. The public has the whole 'hero' crap backwards. How can someone who goes off to kill people they don't know from Adam be called a 'hero', while someone who endures public hatred and incarceration and even death simply because they refuse to bow to the demands of some POS in office, be labelled a 'coward'?
This is exactly why I say most people (or at the very least, a large minority) are psychopathic sadistic evil maniacs. Because most people want conscription, most people want to be ruled by dictatorship (populist dictatorship, that is).

Look at Turkey. There you have the People's Rule (democracy) right in front of you.
Democracy run wild = conscription.

Ukraine's former dictator actually abolished conscription. Then the PEOPLE got the power, and re-instated conscription.

That's democracy, and conscription is my main argument against democracy.
No one will ever admit it, but most people love war. It gives them an adrenaline rush and they get all excited and fired up. Fuck them then, and fuck their nauseating 'remembrance' crap.
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

Frank N Stein wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:35 pm

No one will ever admit it, but most people love war. It gives them an adrenaline rush and they get all excited and fired up. Fuck them then, and fuck their nauseating 'remembrance' crap.
Yeah, that's right Frank. All the American GIs who didn't dodge the draft in 1941 did so because they just loved the idea of war, the thought of fighting the Nazis in Europe and the Japanese in the Pacific got them all excited and fired up, because, you know, it was all going to be such great fun. And there's no doubt they had an absolute ball fighting and dying in their 1000's in freezing conditions in the Ardenne forest while Hitler's fanatical SS Panzer divisions unleashed all hell on them, likewise having the shit shot out of them in Italy at Anzio. 7000 GIs mostly marines died taking the island of Iwo Jima from the Japanese and 24,000 were wounded, all real LOL entertainment, right Frank?

What you need to remember is that each dead GI in the Second World War was equal to one spent unit of freedom. Rather, one unit of freedom who sacrificed his life so that a piece of shit like you could be at liberty in 2019 to insult his memory on the internet. To say "Fuck them" of all those who died for your freedom.

Do you realise, - you mindless little twerp -, that Herr Hitler wasn't fucking around in 1939 when invaded Poland nor were his pals in the Axis; make no mistake, they wanted to conquer and subjugate the free world. They were deadly serious, and by 1941 they owned Europe If American GIs hadn't stood up and stopped the German and Japanese war machines do you understand what could very well have happened ? It doesn't bear thinking about really. Oh, and BTW,the Nazis had a serious issue with people like you, i.e; pacifists, "draft-dodgers" and half-arsed leftist-liberals; Hitler simply viewed them all as communists, and the Fuhrer hated communists just about as much as he hated Jews. So had the Nazis won the war, it would have been "Goodnight Vienna" for you and your lot, you would all have would have been rounded up and either lined up against a wall and shot in the neck, or, tossed into a concentration camp and worked to death as slave labour.

Edmund Burke famously observed that (quote): "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." That's a truth about the world that you need to try and grasp, my friend. Sometimes it is necessary to wage war, some wars, as St Augustine taught us, are "just wars" and must be fought.

Dachshund
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dachshund wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:06 pm

Yeah, that's right Frank. All the American GIs who didn't dodge the draft in 1941 did so because they just loved the idea of war, the thought of fighting the Nazis in Europe and the Japanese in the Pacific got them all excited and fired up, because, you know, it was all going to be such great fun. And there's no doubt they had an absolute ball fighting and dying in their 1000's in freezing conditions in the Ardenne forest while Hitler's fanatical SS Panzer divisions unleashed all hell on them, likewise having the shit shot out of them in Italy at Anzio. 7000 GIs mostly marines died taking the island of Iwo Jima from the Japanese and 24,000 were wounded, all real LOL entertainment, right Frank?

What you need to remember is that each dead GI in the Second World War was equal to one spent unit of freedom. Rather, one unit of freedom who sacrificed his life so that a piece of shit like you could be at liberty in 2019 to insult his memory on the internet. To say "Fuck them" of all those who died for your freedom.

Do you realise, - you mindless little twerp -, that Herr Hitler wasn't fucking around in 1939 when invaded Poland nor were his pals in the Axis; make no mistake, they wanted to conquer and subjugate the free world. They were deadly serious, and by 1941 they owned Europe If American GIs hadn't stood up and stopped the German and Japanese war machines do you understand what could very well have happened ? It doesn't bear thinking about really. Oh, and BTW,the Nazis had a serious issue with people like you, i.e; pacifists, "draft-dodgers" and half-arsed leftist-liberals; Hitler simply viewed them all as communists, and the Fuhrer hated communists just about as much as he hated Jews. So had the Nazis won the war, it would have been "Goodnight Vienna" for you and your lot, you would all have would have been rounded up and either lined up against a wall and shot in the neck, or, tossed into a concentration camp and worked to death as slave labour.

Edmund Burke famously observed that (quote): "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." That's a truth about the world that you need to try and grasp, my friend. Sometimes it is necessary to wage war, some wars, as St Augustine taught us, are "just wars" and must be fought.

Dachshund
You really are a stupid little creature. Frankenstein and philosopher are correct. Those who are anti-war are a tiny minority. Young men couldn't wait to sign up for the World Wars. Hitler could have been halted with one bullet. Instead, the British were too busy sucking his dick. Nothing was done to stop the genocide (which was by far the worst thing the Nazis did), then after the war the Poles were thrown under the bus to Stalin by that bloated, murderous POS Churchill. It was the so-called 'allies' who paved the way for WW11 and Hitler, with their crippling of Germany's economy as retribution for WW1 (which hardly anyone knows what that was all about). The use of the atom bomb was a crime beyond crimes, and all so the US could show off its new toy and demonstrate its own small penis syndrome. The yanks invade other countries all the time, and we don't end up with world wars because of it (although some say otherwise, depending on how 'World war' is defined).
You sneer at someone who is against war after denying that people are generally turned-on by the idea of war. You can't even keep track of your own 'arguments'.
No wonder politicians love easily-manipulated, gullible fools like you. The US apparently attacked little Vietnam to preserve America's 'freedom'. Well we all know what happened there, and I don't see the US being overrun with 'commie bastards' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps. Being anti war doesn't automatically make someone a pacifist. It just means they can think critically and aren't open to the lies and general bullshit that self-serving politicans manipulate populations with. Face it. War is about money, and lots of it. Who makes the most out of wars, and has the greatest vested interest in keeping wars going? It's not rocket science, sunshine. You really should adopt a more sophisticated mind-set than 'goodies and baddies'. It's not a helpful way to 'think'. The manipulators are the evil ones, and they can be from any 'side' (even your 'goodies').
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

Dachshund wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:06 pm

Dachshund
Shallow man. You are right about one thing though, I doubt if Hitler would have liked me very much (despite my 'Aryan blood' :lol:).Nor Churchill. People like me are not very popular with warmongering blow-hard politicians. Do I give a rat's arse about St. Augustine's opinion on anything?
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:01 pm
No wonder politicians love easily-manipulated, gullible fools like you. The US apparently attacked little Vietnam to preserve America's 'freedom'. Well we all know what happened there, and I don't see the US being overrun with 'commie bastards' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, you think Vietnam was a joke? You think that the "commie bastards" in Vietnam were like some kind of funny cartoon characters?

Why do you think it was ",Einstein", that America decided to involve itself in the war in Vietnam?

Do you seriously believe that it was all about crushing a piddling, little, tin-pot, communist cockroach like Ho Chi Minh ?

Why do you think America's war in Vietnam was so messy? Why do you think it stressed out Lyndon Johnson and Nixon to the max? Why do you think it dragged on so long ? Why do you think that 58,000 US troops died in what you would regard as "a little civil war" in "little Vietnam?? Why do you think that no matter how many mega-tons of bombs American B-52's dropped, how many extra US troops were flown in to fight, how many times US forces kicked NVA/Viet Cong butt in combat, how many major battles (like the "Tet Offensive") the American's won, the "commie bastards" just kept coming back - reappearing like a bottomless coffee at McDonald's. Why do you think that,ultimately, America lost the war? Tell me how it was that little old
"Uncle Ho" (Chi Minh) and his poxy, rag-tag collection of VC/NVA peasant soldiers manged to defeat a world super-power like the United States? Because, erm, I ,y'know, I, um, just don't geddit, sweetie ?? (!)

Regards

Dachshund - Woof, Woof !!
vegetariantaxidermy

Dachshund wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:55 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:01 pm

So, you think Vietnam was a joke? You think that the "commie bastards" in Vietnam were like some kind of funny cartoon characters?

Why do you think it was ",Einstein", that America decided to involve itself in the war in Vietnam?

Do you seriously believe that it was all about crushing a piddling, little, tin-pot, communist cockroach like Ho Chi Minh ?

Why do you think America's war in Vietnam was so messy? Why do you think it stressed out Lyndon Johnson and Nixon to the max? Why do you think it dragged on so long ? Why do you think that 58,000 US troops died in what you would regard as "a little civil war" in "little Vietnam?? Why do you think that no matter how many mega-tons of bombs American B-52's dropped, how many extra US troops were flown in to fight, how many times US forces kicked NVA/Viet Cong butt in combat, how many major battles (like the "Tet Offensive") the American's won, the "commie bastards" just kept coming back - reappearing like a bottomless coffee at McDonald's. Why do you think that,ultimately, America lost the war? Tell me how it was that little old
"Uncle Ho" (Chi Minh) and his poxy, rag-tag collection of VC/NVA peasant soldiers manged to defeat a world super-power like the United States? Because, erm, I ,y'know, I, um, just don't geddit, sweetie ?? (!)

Regards

Dachshund - Woof, Woof !!
Because Americans are gullible, paranoid, gun-happy, warmongering, meddling dipshits (and they also can't do war for shit).
And so what if there are 'commies' around? What's it to you? You were only too happy to suck Stalin's dick. I didn't see you taking on Russia. Cowards. You only pick on those you think are weaker.
Dachshund

Post by Dachshund »

Wrong answers. (And) since you evidently refuse to address the questions I have put to you about America's war in Vietnam in a serious manner, I am not going to waste my time arguing with you. In any case, women do not, generally speaking, understand the nature of war or politics, so I would almost surely be wasting my breath explaining to you in any detail how Vietnam was actually an important proxy conflict in what was one of the major theatres (i.e. Indochina) of war in the West's fight against Marxist-Leninist communism during the global Cold War. The fact that America made the sacrifices it did by sticking it out in Vietnam for so many years contributed greatly (in an indirect manner) to the ultimate fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. And I'm not too big a man to confess that I cried tears of joy on that December evening when the news down the wire, because it meant that the good guys had triumphed after all, and one of the most monstrous evils to have ever stalked the Earth had finally been destroyed !!

But that's something that you wouldn't understand.

Regards

Dachshund
vegetariantaxidermy

Dachshund wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:38 am Wrong answers. (And) since you evidently refuse to address the questions I have put to you about America's war in Vietnam in a serious manner, I am not going to waste my time arguing with you. In any case, women do not, generally speaking, understand the nature of war or politics, so I would almost surely be wasting my breath explaining to you in any detail how Vietnam was actually an important proxy conflict in what was one of the major theatres (i.e. Indochina) of war in the West's fight against Marxist-Leninist communism during the global Cold War. The fact that America made the sacrifices it did by sticking it out in Vietnam for so many years contributed greatly (in an indirect manner) to the ultimate fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. And I'm not too big a man to confess that I cried tears of joy on that December evening when the news down the wire, because it meant that the good guys had triumphed after all, and one of the most monstrous evils to have ever stalked the Earth had finally been destroyed !!

But that's something that you wouldn't understand.

Regards

Dachshund
What a sick bastard. Look at these 'evil' people. Gee, we all slept so much easier, knowing these monsters had been exterminated.