DIVERSITY IS AMERICA'S GREATEST STRENGTH

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: DIVERSITY IS AMERICA'S GREATEST STRENGTH

Post by Lacewing »

Greta wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:42 pm Trouble is, LW, that we are ourselves human noise :)
Yes, Greta... I see that too. We are noise! I think that being human IS spiritual, which means that even human noise is spiritual. :) So many facets flickering off of each other.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Age wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:58 am I do not recall acknowledging that I get tired of arguing.
Under one of your different names, I think your acknowledgment of what you were saying was something to the effect of: "Yes, it's all bullshit."
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:02 pmCan you clearly and easily describe these methods/aspects that you see "of considering human nature interfering with spiritual nature" other than through "removing human noise"?
Age wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:58 am Yes.
Please do. I'm interested to see what you've been referring to while you questioned me.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:49 am
Greta wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:42 pm Trouble is, LW, that we are ourselves human noise :)
Yes, Greta... I see that too. We are noise! I think that being human IS spiritual, which means that even human noise is spiritual. :) So many facets flickering off of each other.
I'll know its all over when bull shit becomes officially recognized as a sacred product of elimination
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Walker wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:52 am
gaffo wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:38 am
artisticsolution wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:11 am Hey "whitey" , your reign is over. Get used to it.

This thread is completely ridicules and a waste of time. There is really only one solution whitey...if you dont like it then start fucking amongst yourselves and breed. :roll:
just curious, why the use of "whitey"? you not white? if so does that matter? make it ok to be "that way"

I'm white - you gonna call me a cracker for an accident of birth?

or can you actually contribute to this thread constructively?

just wondering,
The counter-intuitive, post-modern American hates America because hating America makes an American more American through exercising the constitutional right to express hatred for America, plus the convolution is ironic enough to pass as sophisticated.
Hi Walker- just found out my best friend for the last 42 yrs voted for Trump (we are closer than brother's - and though living within 6 city blocks in Norman - have not spoken for these last 9 yrs (He dropped by 2 weeks ago and apologized to me for shutting me out (long story........its a long one - basically he met and married/divorced a bitch 18 yrs ago (4? 5? times- as in diverce/take back remarry/wash repeat) - we stayed in touch the first decade, then his wife being - even after limiting my friends visits, decided that was too much - so he dropped my ass after best friends since middle school - at that time 32 yrs of friendship) - well sometime in the last decade she lest for good - out of state too - and my buddy found his balls and showed up on my doorstep with hat in hand (p-whip is real for most - more for some males than others maybe) - I never forgot him (closer than my blood sister to me - never hated him - but angry a fuck for the last decade over him being p-whiped and not seeing me, and I had too much pride to make the first move of reconsiliation.

I aways considered him my best friend (lived only 10 mintue walk down the street - walked by 10 times or so over the last decade, but my pride did not allow me to knock on his door (same for him - for him not pride, but shame for allowing his wife/ex now to rule over him and never knock on my door) ------------both vanitity crosses to bare.

anyway, i never loved him less (though never hated - had much anger toward ) less since 2009 to 2019, and just glad he and i are back as friends in spirit and practice , rather than just the former these last 10 yrs.

BTW I agree with your post, in spite of you voting for trump. you made a mistake, but viewing your posts this last year since i've been here, i know your character enough to say IMO you are "ok" in my book. I wish you well and look forward to agreements and disagreements about matters on this forum.

peace Sir.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Frank N Stein wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:50 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:33 pm
gaffo wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:15 am

nonsence.

American inherited England's culture. England inherited it from the Nordic, German and French Normans.

all nations have "tradition" - to claim American did not is foolish.

just as to claim the opposite! - that other nation's cultures negate their Rule of Law constructs.

-- as stated above America culturally and legally is the same as Britian (and Canada, NZ and Australia) - since post ww2 its the same as Germany/France/all the other 20 small european nations, and Japan as well).
France has a french traditional culture, Russia a russian culture, Germany, a german culture and so on. America was founded on ideas leading to ideals with the purpose of preserving liberty. There is no american culture. It was a noble effort but the left has changed the ideals assuring the sacrifice of freedom for the believed advantages of statist slavery. We turn in circles. It is nature's way.
Why would you argue with that? He's right.
I thank you Sir!

I'd like to make a Gentleman's agreement you if you are willing (i've noted your posts since you've been here 2 months now - and all of them are sound in my book, except concerning Israel).

If you are willing to agree to disagree per Isarel (me not calling you Hasbara AIPAC shill, and you not calling me a Grand Wizard boob) - and allowing for education from either side concerning Israel - while agreeing with all other posts (which we do).

I'd welcome it

what do you think?
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

gaffo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:54 am
Frank N Stein wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:50 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:33 pm

France has a french traditional culture, Russia a russian culture, Germany, a german culture and so on. America was founded on ideas leading to ideals with the purpose of preserving liberty. There is no american culture. It was a noble effort but the left has changed the ideals assuring the sacrifice of freedom for the believed advantages of statist slavery. We turn in circles. It is nature's way.
Why would you argue with that? He's right.
I thank you Sir!

I'd like to make a Gentleman's agreement you if you are willing (i've noted your posts since you've been here 2 months now - and all of them are sound in my book, except concerning Israel).

If you are willing to agree to disagree per Isarel (me not calling you Hasbara AIPAC shill, and you not calling me a Grand Wizard boob) - and allowing for education from either side concerning Israel - while agreeing with all other posts (which we do).

I'd welcome it

what do you think?
If you gave me a logical and coherent argument against the existence of Israel then I would gladly pat you on the back. I don't know what Hasbara is. I also had to google AIPAC.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Frank N Stein wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:46 am
If you gave me a logical and coherent argument against the existence of Israel
well - when you are tired of putting words in my mouth - claiming something i never did - maybe we can discuss the matter of Israel and her racist policies in the Westbank.

all Nations have a right to exist as long as the majority of the natives support that right.

other nations have the right to boycott/sanction and divest of any nations they wish to wash their hands of likewise.

I do not support illegally invading Israel, i do support pulling our money and political support of, as a means of pressure to right her missconduct of the native minority population under her control (which is in opposition of the 4th Geneva Accords - which she is a signatory of ans so bound by).

Frank N Stein wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:46 am then I would gladly pat you on the back.
then we are in agreement to my Gentlman's agreement proposal? (welcome a clarification ya or nay)
Frank N Stein wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:46 am I don't know what Hasbara is. I also had to google AIPAC.
Hasbara is the army of internet trolls paid by israel to tar and feather anyone that opposes her illegal occupation of the Westbank as "antisemites" - just like the Russians pay thier trolls via the troll factory in St Peterburg................both the Israeli and Russian trolls have been fooding the internet for years now.

sadly.

AIPAC is the second most powerfull lobbyist group (buys votes in my congress - both the house and senate- and both parties) in American.

AARP is tops, AIPAC is second and NRA is third.

those 3 lobbyist have near full control of congress and have more power than all the others combined.

only last month AIPAC tried to pass a law making it a felony to support BDS (a fully preacefull protest group - same as what we had agains South Africa in the 80's) - 20? k fine and 5" yrs in prison for using our 1st amendment right to assemble and protest (fine for anything - but if WRt to Israel - then the 1st is negated and its a felony!) - bill failed only due to it being snuck in a via a "government funding" - i.e. ACLU noticed it and raised a stink and made it public).

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/if-they ... -1.6766109

https://www.thenation.com/article/nearl ... tt-israel/

https://truthout.org/video/congress-is- ... te-in-bds/

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/19/u-s ... st-israel/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/se ... e2ae057fcc

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech/r ... titutional

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... a001e4ceae

Austin speech pathologist was fired for not signing a loyalty oath to Israel via Texas contract.

Same for a Kansas teacher last year - which the ACLU took up and won in the Kansas Supreme Court (now to go to the Supreme if they choose to take it).

lovely.

I support the Bill of Rights myself - including the 1st. do you?
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

no longer 26 states, its now 40 or so. my state's legislature is one of 7 more currently making it illegal to support BDS.

in another year it wall be a firing offence to support BDS in 47 of our 50 states.

lovely, ignore 1st amentment, its bought out (by a foreign interest/power makes it even more stinky IMO) bubba.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:56 am
Age wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:58 am I do not recall acknowledging that I get tired of arguing.
Under one of your different names, I think your acknowledgment of what you were saying was something to the effect of: "Yes, it's all bullshit."
I think you will find that I have NEVER even suggested such a thing, to anyone here.

If you can find otherwise, then I would like to be pointed to it.
Lacewing wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:56 am
Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:02 pmCan you clearly and easily describe these methods/aspects that you see "of considering human nature interfering with spiritual nature" other than through "removing human noise"?
Age wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:58 am Yes.
Please do. I'm interested to see what you've been referring to while you questioned me.
Okay, but you will just have to wait till I learn how to communicate better, so that I can be heard and fully understood, through that 'human noise', which you talk about.

But, until then, at its most fundamental level one method is with just full Honesty, Openness, and having a serious Want to change, for the better, what can be seen is the difference between human "nature" and spiritual nature. What is gained during that process is an ability to just about instantly distinguish between the two, as well as gaining the knowledge of just how human noise interferes with and distorts spiritual nature.
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

gaffo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:17 am
Frank N Stein wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:46 am
well - when you are tired of putting words in my mouth - claiming something i never did - maybe we can discuss the matter of Israel and her racist policies in the Westbank.

all Nations have a right to exist as long as the majority of the natives support that right.

other nations have the right to boycott/sanction and divest of any nations they wish to wash their hands of likewise.

I do not support illegally invading Israel, i do support pulling our money and political support of, as a means of pressure to right her missconduct of the native minority population under her control (which is in opposition of the 4th Geneva Accords - which she is a signatory of ans so bound by).

Frank N Stein wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:46 am then I would gladly pat you on the back.
then we are in agreement to my Gentlman's agreement proposal? (welcome a clarification ya or nay)
Frank N Stein wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:46 am I don't know what Hasbara is. I also had to google AIPAC.
Hasbara is the army of internet trolls paid by israel to tar and feather anyone that opposes her illegal occupation of the Westbank as "antisemites" - just like the Russians pay thier trolls via the troll factory in St Peterburg................both the Israeli and Russian trolls have been fooding the internet for years now.

sadly.

AIPAC is the second most powerfull lobbyist group (buys votes in my congress - both the house and senate- and both parties) in American.

AARP is tops, AIPAC is second and NRA is third.

those 3 lobbyist have near full control of congress and have more power than all the others combined.

only last month AIPAC tried to pass a law making it a felony to support BDS (a fully preacefull protest group - same as what we had agains South Africa in the 80's) - 20? k fine and 5" yrs in prison for using our 1st amendment right to assemble and protest (fine for anything - but if WRt to Israel - then the 1st is negated and its a felony!) - bill failed only due to it being snuck in a via a "government funding" - i.e. ACLU noticed it and raised a stink and made it public).

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/if-they ... -1.6766109

https://www.thenation.com/article/nearl ... tt-israel/

https://truthout.org/video/congress-is- ... te-in-bds/

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/19/u-s ... st-israel/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/se ... e2ae057fcc

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech/r ... titutional

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... a001e4ceae

Austin speech pathologist was fired for not signing a loyalty oath to Israel via Texas contract.

Same for a Kansas teacher last year - which the ACLU took up and won in the Kansas Supreme Court (now to go to the Supreme if they choose to take it).

lovely.

I support the Bill of Rights myself - including the 1st. do you?
What words did I put in your mouth? You come across as rather irrational.
gaffo

Post by gaffo »

Frank N Stein wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 am

you sure you're not a Naziyahoo Habara paid shill/troll?

GA stays open one last time - you willing? - or you wanna play being a dick, i can return that back at you if that is your game.
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

gaffo wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:32 am
Frank N Stein wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 am

you sure you're not a Naziyahoo Habara paid shill/troll?

GA stays open one last time - you willing? - or you wanna play being a dick, i can return that back at you if that is your game.
So. You concede then. I win.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Age wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:34 am
Lacewing wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:56 am Under one of your different names, I think your acknowledgment of what you were saying was something to the effect of: "Yes, it's all bullshit."
I think you will find that I have NEVER even suggested such a thing, to anyone here.
Have you written under the name dontaskme?
Lacewing wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:56 amCan you clearly and easily describe these methods/aspects that you see "of considering human nature interfering with spiritual nature" other than through "removing human noise"?
Age wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:34 am Okay, but you will just have to wait till I learn how to communicate better, so that I can be heard and fully understood, through that 'human noise', which you talk about.
:lol:

Do you think you hear and fully understand what other people are saying?
Age wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:34 amBut, until then, at its most fundamental level one method is with just full Honesty, Openness, and having a serious Want to change, for the better, what can be seen is the difference between human "nature" and spiritual nature. What is gained during that process is an ability to just about instantly distinguish between the two, as well as gaining the knowledge of just how human noise interferes with and distorts spiritual nature.
Thank you for describing that much. I can say the same (as you've said) about the "state of being" I'm pointing to when I refer to eliminating human noise. Being dishonest and closed is due to human noise. Having a "serious Want to change" (as you say) is like having a "serious Want" to eliminate the human noise that obscures/distorts spiritual nature. (What are you wanting to "change"?) The process of silencing the noise also gives the ability to instantly recognize and distinguish between the two.

I'm using the concept of "human noise". For some reason you seem to think this is not a sufficient/accurate description... that there is more to be acknowledged, yet you say you cannot explain what ELSE you are talking about until you learn to communicate better. Why is it more important to focus on a difference you can't describe, than on the commonality?
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Okay, but you will just have to wait till I learn how to communicate better, so that I can be heard and fully understood, through that 'human noise', which you talk about.

But, until then, at its most fundamental level one method is with just full Honesty, Openness, and having a serious Want to change, for the better, what can be seen is the difference between human "nature" and spiritual nature. What is gained during that process is an ability to just about instantly distinguish between the two, as well as gaining the knowledge of just how human noise interferes with and distorts spiritual nature.
Communicating better requires three component parts. The first is what you want to communicate. The second requires the willingness of a person to listen. The third is the quality of what you want to communicate. Is it a lie for the sake of manipulation or what one believes in order to increase their understanding.

If you want to communicate a lie as is the norm in politics for example it requires one approach. Several people engaging in a Socratic dialogue are concerned with developing higher "understanding" so a different approach is required.

The desire to communicate is one thing and the possibility of genuine communication is another.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place. George Bernard Shaw
Could you write a short definition of spiritual nature and a short definition of human nature which would really reflect your understanding and if you believe it refers to objective knowledge? We rely on subjective interpretations which differ between people. How can objective communication be possible under these circumstances?

The essential question IMO is why we can't communicate but it is too insulting to consider for the majority so the feelgood answer becomes necessary to keep the peace..