Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better way o

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Justintruth
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:10 pm

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by Justintruth » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:50 am

The Bolcheviks, Maoists, and Khemer Rouge, all demonstrate that this absence of matriarchy is not just religious.

It is an instinctive human behavior that is implemented across both religious and secular ontology.

But our biggest problem is an epistemic failure that leads to both secular and religious fundamentalism. It is a confusion of power with truth.

Justintruth
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:10 pm

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by Justintruth » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:52 am

...

...Pacifism is laudable, but I don't advocate it for my people in this age....
It is possible, given the lethality inherent in current, and, more criticaly, nascent, war technology that this idea will lead to species extinction.

Oh, not the advocacy against pacifism...

...That is innocent enough.... (hehe)...

But rather the way "my people" is formed.

"Das Volk? Ja, mein Fuhrer! Fur meine Volk und mein Vaterland!"

The Nazis always give themselves away. The aesthetic of power cloaked as logic and presented as an ideological conclusion remains an aesthetic of power and not an ideology. What greater actualization of that fantasy then war. Ah war!!! I miss it so! Ever see one fondle a gun? Truly enlightening. They find in it their "other".

Give me a big warm Mama any day. Not much satisfaction when the balloon goes up and we find these cretins writhing in their spilled blood, burns over theier bodies, unrecognizable faces, screaming for their mothers. Too late then! Got to stop that meme somehow before the fact, But how?

Perhaps we will be "lucky" and instead of extinction a gated community will emerge with a warrior elite heaving extermination over the wall so that can have their "Lebenstarum".'

"Bring on the wall!" Its a parent-child arrogance when we really need an adult-adult conversation...and I mean one between ALL of us not just "my people".

Our dysfunction is now threatening our species.

"My people"?!...You are sick, sir. Sick and dangerous. Oh I do not seek to convince you. We will externinate that meme in you. Burn it right oue with a hot poker in your eye! Now how?

....figuratively of course....;) Ha! (Just holding the mirror up for him...no threat from me. :) ) Peace, love, and Woodstock. It's a great world no matter what they do.

Come to bed, mother. Come to bed, sister. It's just some boy. We can deal with him in the morning.

Now how?...and imediately. Cannot wait for morning.

One thing for sure. You have to be very careful dismissing this kind of foolishness as being harmless. History has taught us to be wary of such buffonery. It can seem so stupid that it must be harmless. It turns out not to be the case. The scorpian stings the frog. Best not to let it on your back.

But how to keep it off?

We must organize against them now.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3242
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by HexHammer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:29 am

Because it's the devil that has whispered the mad violent teachings, which is why a messiah has to be send to bring peace on earth as described in various holy scriptures, very simple!

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2109
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:10 am

Justintruth wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:50 am
The Bolcheviks, Maoists, and Khemer Rouge, all demonstrate that this absence of matriarchy is not just religious.

It is an instinctive human behavior that is implemented across both religious and secular ontology.

But our biggest problem is an epistemic failure that leads to both secular and religious fundamentalism. It is a confusion of power with truth.
If you are to talk instincts, then why look at the modern world when our instincts are clearer to see in the ancients.

We have had male Gods for what, 5,000 years. We had female Goddesses for the 20,000 years preceding the male Gods.

Instincts have men dying to protect their women and children and it would have been anti-family and protection of the tribe to have men in charge.

Try logic and reason and it all becomes quite clear.

Your other post is gibberish. Try English.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2109
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by Greatest I am » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:15 am

HexHammer wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:29 am
Because it's the devil that has whispered the mad violent teachings, which is why a messiah has to be send to bring peace on earth as described in various holy scriptures, very simple!
So why did God put the devil on earth in the first place if he did not want the message heard.
Especially, why did he give the devil the power to deceive the whole world?

Not that I believe in fantasy characters.

Regards
DL

gaffo
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by gaffo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:14 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:33 pm
gaffo wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:54 am
Greatest I am wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:48 pm

Men controlled, by their two main passions, love and war and love of God as an ideal, have used war to seek a male God from the moment men set matriarchy aside 5,000 year ago.
3000 yrs ago in Greece,Rome 2000 yrs ago in northern europe (Nurtis was the mothergodess - the Nordic worshiped, but turned to her Sons Woton/Thor due the Roman occupation in 32 AD.....and started to fight back (Amenious anyone?). Nurtis become lost to history for the next 1000 yrs with Thor being supreme - until the Christians converted them).

We can't assume "Mother Goddess" ruled as supreme prior to 3000 yrs ago - she may have - or not - we just do not have historical record to assume such a claim
Actually, we do.

It is a drudgery to listen to the information but it is there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU1bEmq_pf0

Regards
DL
I miss spelled Amenious, ARmenious was the man - his story would make a great movie (if director allows for honest character development (i.e so not today - but back in the golden age of "TV" - I Claudious era - such a story could have been made a masterpiece.

today? no sadly.

1. blood and more blood (with nice CGI battle scenes)
2. shallow Varus (a cut out roman villan)
3. a shallow hero (Armenious who sees his roots as a German).

but today's audience lack character and sees character dev as "boring" and is stuck in adulesence - B?W thinking.

same reason why TV/movies such (though some foreign movies are still decent - so far) since 1980. and why 2001 a space odyseey would have failed today..........and was made "just in time" to be honoured (by old folks mostly now) as a classic.

................

We wil have to agree to dissgree on proclaimation of mother godess as supreme in pre-history.

we do not have history prior to 7000 yrs ago and so I cannot confirm that Gaia was God for all prior to 5000 BC.

man in our current form (more or less) has been here for 3/4 million yrs and cannot claim what their god/s were back then.

thanks for reply Sir!

gaffo
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by gaffo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:17 am

Justintruth wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:50 am
The Bolcheviks, Maoists, and Khemer Rouge, all demonstrate that this absence of matriarchy is not just religious.

It is an instinctive human behavior that is implemented across both religious and secular ontology.

But our biggest problem is an epistemic failure that leads to both secular and religious fundamentalism. It is a confusion of power with truth.
agreed

gaffo
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by gaffo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:23 am

Justintruth wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:52 am
...

...Pacifism is laudable, but I don't advocate it for my people in this age....
It is possible, given the lethality inherent in current, and, more criticaly, nascent, war technology that this idea will lead to species extinction.
I'm not a pacifist personally (I value reciprocity - acting as a mirror (and never "Start it" - but fine with returning the slight in equal measure (never more than the measure though...............but willing to increase that measure if the other party continues to increase their slights toward me).

I do believe in MAD - as almost a reigion - and do think it has prevented ww3 - so far.

its not pretty nor nice, but so far has been effective in keeping the "global peace" (i.e. prevent the extinction of man by war).

gaffo
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by gaffo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:28 am

HexHammer wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:29 am
Because it's the devil that has whispered the mad violent teachings, which is why a messiah has to be send to bring peace on earth as described in various holy scriptures, very simple!
some of the "Scriptures" are better (worthy (Minor Propehts/Synoptics) - others (Leviticus) are filth and not worthy.

gaffo
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by gaffo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:31 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:10 am
Justintruth wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:50 am
The Bolcheviks, Maoists, and Khemer Rouge, all demonstrate that this absence of matriarchy is not just religious.

It is an instinctive human behavior that is implemented across both religious and secular ontology.

But our biggest problem is an epistemic failure that leads to both secular and religious fundamentalism. It is a confusion of power with truth.
If you are to talk instincts, then why look at the modern world when our instincts are clearer to see in the ancients.

We have had male Gods for what, 5,000 years. We had female Goddesses for the 20,000 years preceding the male Gods.

Instincts have men dying to protect their women and children and it would have been anti-family and protection of the tribe to have men in charge.

Try logic and reason and it all becomes quite clear.

Your other post is gibberish. Try English.

Regards
DL
not sure of your point of post above? women are more moral than men?

if so dissagree - both are the same, men make war more, but that does not make women more moral.

IMO

we are the same on the fudemental moral level.

imo of course.

gaffo
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by gaffo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:34 am

Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:15 am

So why did God put the devil on earth in the first place if he did not want the message heard.
per Judaism, to test man's faith in God.

Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:15 am
Especially, why did he give the devil the power to deceive the whole world?
per Judaism (read the OT of you do not believe me), God never gave Belial that power over the earth.

gaffo
Posts: 2320
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by gaffo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:42 am

Hey Snake - i asked you a few months ago and if i may would like to ask you again - can you point me to any other similar forums with folks that like to discuss similar matters and have minds?

with facefk/twit/etc taking over (AOL-ification of the interwebs - forums seem to being dying off sadly (never join AOL-Facfk/twit and similar congloberated noise sites/nor wil I - i'll just unplug from the internet after the last forum dies due to facefk).

welcome any recommendations you my have Sir.

Logik
Posts: 4041
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:48 pm

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by Logik » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:34 am

Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better way of life?
I think the premise frames the discussion as either-or, whereas a more appropriate conception would be that both qualities are complementary.

That rhetoric is preferable to violence is exactly that - a human preference, but between brains and brawn - I bet on the brawn. Violence is the supreme authority from which all other authority follows.

So it is pertinent that those who wish to be persuaders are also skilled in the art of war and violence.

These two quotes capture my sentiments:
It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.
A nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its laws made by cowards and its wars fought by fools.

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2109
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by Greatest I am » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:51 pm

gaffo wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:14 am


We wil have to agree to dissgree on proclaimation of mother godess as supreme in pre-history.

we do not have history prior to 7000 yrs ago and so I cannot confirm that Gaia was God for all prior to 5000 BC.

man in our current form (more or less) has been here for 3/4 million yrs and cannot claim what their god/s were back then.

thanks for reply Sir!
You are lying through your teeth so I will not agree to disagree. You are not usually this obtuse buddy.

I gave a link that refutes you soundly but if you want to just keep on lying, go ahead.

That link takes us back to 25,000 years ago and I have a link that shows serpent worship 75,000 years ago. But hey, believe your own garbage in spite of the evidence. That is what theists do so you might as well join them.

Regards
DL

User avatar
Greatest I am
Posts: 2109
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Re: Why do we select warrior gods who can only grow their religions by violence, --- instead of persuasion to a better w

Post by Greatest I am » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:56 pm

gaffo wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:31 am
Greatest I am wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:10 am
Justintruth wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:50 am
The Bolcheviks, Maoists, and Khemer Rouge, all demonstrate that this absence of matriarchy is not just religious.

It is an instinctive human behavior that is implemented across both religious and secular ontology.

But our biggest problem is an epistemic failure that leads to both secular and religious fundamentalism. It is a confusion of power with truth.
If you are to talk instincts, then why look at the modern world when our instincts are clearer to see in the ancients.

We have had male Gods for what, 5,000 years. We had female Goddesses for the 20,000 years preceding the male Gods.

Instincts have men dying to protect their women and children and it would have been anti-family and protection of the tribe to have men in charge.

Try logic and reason and it all becomes quite clear.

Your other post is gibberish. Try English.

Regards
DL
not sure of your point of post above? women are more moral than men?

if so dissagree - both are the same, men make war more, but that does not make women more moral.

IMO

we are the same on the fudemental moral level.

imo of course.
I agree. Women just express their negative biases without the violence that men turn to so easily. Testosterone maters. So does estrogen.

It may also have to do with mother instinct as compared to father instincts. Men are hunters while women like to gather.

Regards
DL

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests