Anhedonia

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Anhedonia

Post by Arising_uk »

Another one what? You claimed ALL and your evidence for that is your 'intution' now given that I am an adult and I still find the same pleasure in doing some things that I used to do when I was young I know that your claim is bollocks.

Post by Age »

Arising_uk wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:24 pm Another one what? You claimed ALL and your evidence for that is your 'intution' now given that I am an adult and I still find the same pleasure in doing some things that I used to do when I was young I know that your claim is bollocks.
Now that you have reaffirmed my claim, which I KNOW from and through intuition, and made my claim even more substantial, the answer to your question is; you are just another one making assumptions, which end up just being WRONG anyway, before first clarifying.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Age wrote:Now that you have reaffirmed my claim, which I KNOW from and through intuition, and made my claim even more substantial, the answer to your question is; you are just another one making assumptions, which end up just being WRONG anyway, before first clarifying.
Are you mental? You said ALL and I pointed out that I still do enjoy some things that I did when I was young so your universal claim is false and I don't need 'intution' to know that I enjoy these things.

What is this 'intution' that you employ?

Post by Age »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:41 pm
Age wrote:Now that you have reaffirmed my claim, which I KNOW from and through intuition, and made my claim even more substantial, the answer to your question is; you are just another one making assumptions, which end up just being WRONG anyway, before first clarifying.
Are you mental?
This would obviously depend on the definition of the word 'mental' being used here.
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:41 pmYou said ALL and I pointed out that I still do enjoy some things that I did when I was young so your universal claim is false and I don't need 'intution' to know that I enjoy these things.
Yes I did say that; I just KNOW ALL adult human beings do not find pleasure and do not enjoy doing that what they once found pleasurable and enjoyed doing. You even admit that you do enjoy only SOME things that you did when you were young, so that means that you do not enjoy doing that what you once enjoyed doing. Therefore, you once again just reaffirmed my claim.

So, is my so called "universal claim" really false?

Of course you do NOT need 'intuition' to know things about what you, your self, enjoy doing. You just need memory for that.
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:41 pm What is this 'intution' that you employ?
i do not employ 'intuition'. 'Intuition' is within, guiding and teaching.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

:shock: So Anhedonia to you is just a synonym for getting bored with something? Wow!! Insight of the year.
Age wrote:... i do not employ 'intuition'. 'Intuition' is within, guiding and teaching.
How? Give me an example of how this works for you.

Post by Age »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:35 pm :shock: So Anhedonia to you is just a synonym for getting bored with something?
No.

What made you assume some thing like that?
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:35 pmWow!! Insight of the year.
Age wrote:... i do not employ 'intuition'. 'Intuition' is within, guiding and teaching.
The ability to KNOW what EVERY one could agree with.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Age wrote: No.

Then my point stands. You said "I just KNOW ALL adult human beings do not find pleasure and do not enjoy doing that what they once found pleasurable and enjoyed doing." and I told you that I do enjoy doing what I did before so not all follow your thought otherwise all you are saying is people can get bored with what they are doing and like I said, big whoop!
Age wrote:The ability to KNOW what EVERY one could agree with.
That is not what I asked, I asked how this works for you. Can you describe the process?

Post by Age »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:58 pm
Age wrote: No.

Then my point stands. You said "I just KNOW ALL adult human beings do not find pleasure and do not enjoy doing that what they once found pleasurable and enjoyed doing." and I told you that I do enjoy doing what I did before so not all follow your thought otherwise all you are saying is people can get bored with what they are doing and like I said, big whoop!
You have really twisted this around, and gone way off track.

You said you enjoy doing SOME things that you once enjoyed doing. Can you SEE the difference?

You, arising_uk, just like EVERY other adult human being, do NOT enjoy doing THAT what you once enjoyed doing. So, what I said still stands.

Like I said before, you are just another one who makes assumptions, which end up just being WRONG anyway, before first clarifying. You are now showing how you also jumped to a wrong conclusion, based on your own wrong assumption, and are now strongly believing that your own assumption and conclusion are right, when they are WRONG.

Even AFTER you ask me a clarifying question and I give the RIGHT answer, you still BELIEVE you know what the answer is, which is based solely on your WRONG assumption and conclusion.

Maybe if you re-read from my first reply to you, you might SEE what has taken place here.
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:58 pm
Age wrote:The ability to KNOW what EVERY one could agree with.
That is not what I asked, I asked how this works for you. Can you describe the process?
i use the Mind, which is ALWAYS OPEN, instead of using the brain, first.
Frank N Stein

Post by Frank N Stein »

Age wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:16 pm
That's because your brain fell out.

Post by Age »

Frank N Stein wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:19 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:16 pm
That's because your brain fell out.
Okay.
Jai

Post by Jai »

I have deleted this comment.
Last edited by Jai on Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:35 pm :shock: So Anhedonia to you is just a synonym for getting bored with something? Wow!! Insight of the year.
Clearly Age enjoys being annoying; s/he should be congratulated on finding happiness and purpose in his/her life.
A_Seagull

Post by A_Seagull »

Dalek Prime wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:50 pm Who was it who was discussing his anhedonia? Mozart Link or something? Because I'm hitting the same wall, and it's really sucking. I care enough to care that I have it, and don't want to go down the rabbit hole, but that's pretty much all I care about anymore.
Perhaps we expect too much from this life.

I like the elegance, simplicity and beauty of the philosophy of Mimi from Puccini's Las Boheme.

I tried to find a good translation to include here , but the only decent one I can find is on this utube clip. And anyway if you watch the clip you will also get to hear the music.. enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0nSKRbQ2_g

Post by Age »

A_Seagull wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:02 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:35 pm :shock: So Anhedonia to you is just a synonym for getting bored with something? Wow!! Insight of the year.
Clearly Age enjoys being annoying;
Do you know why you make such assumptions, which, by the way, is clearly wrong?

If no, then I will give you a hint as to why you make assumptions, it is the same reason that all of you adult human beings make assumptions.
A_Seagull wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:02 pms/he should be congratulated on finding happiness and purpose in his/her life.
Well thank you, but completely unnecessary. There is nothing needed to be congratulated here.

Also, pity your right conclusion was derived from a presumption, which came from a wrong assumption.
Atla

Post by Atla »

A_Seagull wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:02 pm
Clearly Age enjoys being annoying; s/he should be congratulated on finding happiness and purpose in his/her life.
Age is schizo enough to honestly believe that his intuition is coming from God/the Universe itself, and is always correct.

Which again shows that delusional idiots are often happier.