Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Age
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by Age » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:40 am

bahman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:49 pm
I am so sorry. I missed this post.
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
bahman wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 pm

Yes. I think that we don't know that knowledge yet.
Of course YOU do not know this Knowledge yet. But YOU also can NOT speak for EVERY one.
Yes.
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
bahman wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 pm
We don't know how a fetus evolves and turns into a human being because we still do not know how uncoding happens during the process of growth.
Okay.

But are you now talking about the coding of The Knowledge of Good/Right and Bad/Wrong in Life, or just the coding of the process of normal physical genetic developmental growth?
I am talking about uncoding process of the code which exists in DNA. There is no process of coding for DNA.
But soon WHY the code, which exists in dna, is the exact way that it IS will soon be realized, and thus also much better understood, by you human beings.

Understanding this WHY, better explains the actual process of coding for dna, which will be revealed soon enough also.
bahman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:49 pm
Evolution of DNA is an adaptive-random process.
But HOW do you KNOW this, if, as you say, human beings still do not know how uncoding happens during the process of growth? You seem to be implying that you already KNOW that there is no process of coding for dna, yet also saying that none of you know how uncoding happens.

You appear to be telling us what the answers are, before the experiments and testing have finished on the actual object and before the actual subject is even understood.
bahman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:49 pm
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
bahman wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 pm
Yes.
bahman wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:50 pm
Evil is partly genetic too.
Can you elaborate and/or provide some examples?
A serial killer who enjoys killing people. Evil and good are coded inside DNA and have related distributions.
Is this an already KNOWN FACT, which is irrefutable?

Could the Knowledge of right/good and wrong/evil/bad be coded inside dna, and the reason human beings have just grown up doing wrong is only because of past experiences?

Or, are those adult human beings who do wrong, which is absolutely every one of you, partly because of genetics?

If you adult human beings do WRONG partly because of genetics, then HOW does genetics make you do wrong, and WHY would genetics do that?

User avatar
attofishpi
Posts: 3407
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am
Location: Orion Spur
Contact:

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by attofishpi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:23 pm

bahman wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:43 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:12 pm
bahman wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:04 pm
One plausible theory is that the knowledge is encrypted in our brains and it somehow is decoded as a result of mental activity becoming ready for experience.
Knowledge can be viewed as solid state RAM in a computer, it is gained from our past experience of reality.
As a conscious being with experience, we can read from it, add to it, and once we acquire better reasoning, manipulate it to what we consider our best effort at rationalising the 'database'.

bahman wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:04 pm
Where the knowledge comes from? Evolution, by chance. Basically those creatures who by chance have more knowledge could survive better. What do you think? Do we acquire knowledge through interacting with reality or we just got it by chance?
It is by chance that we are generally of higher intelligence than our fellow mammals, and yes of course it is via interacting with reality.
bahman wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:04 pm
In first case, how do we acquire knowledge?
Ultimately you are asking, how are we conscious? Since without any consciousness, there is no method to store the knowledge and retrieve it at will.
The question is how a limited code, DNA, can lead to such a complex structure, human brain.
Apparently there are 3 billion base pairs in the human genome. This works out to 2 to the power of 6000000000 combinations. Considering that 2 ^10> 10^3, converting, we get 10 to the power 1800000000 combinations. Some estimates place the number of atoms in the observable universe at 10 to the power 80.

So there are more cominations possible in the DNA of the human genome than atoms in the observable universe.

How limited is that?

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 2432
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by bahman » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm

Age wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:40 am
bahman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:49 pm
I am so sorry. I missed this post.
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am


Of course YOU do not know this Knowledge yet. But YOU also can NOT speak for EVERY one.
Yes.
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am


Okay.

But are you now talking about the coding of The Knowledge of Good/Right and Bad/Wrong in Life, or just the coding of the process of normal physical genetic developmental growth?
I am talking about uncoding process of the code which exists in DNA. There is no process of coding for DNA.
But soon WHY the code, which exists in dna, is the exact way that it IS will soon be realized, and thus also much better understood, by you human beings.
I cannot follow you here. Could you please rephrase?
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
Understanding this WHY, better explains the actual process of coding for dna, which will be revealed soon enough also.
Our current condition, for example understanding a subject, cannot have any direct impact on our DNA. Therefore, there is no coding for DNA.
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
bahman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:49 pm
Evolution of DNA is an adaptive-random process.
But HOW do you KNOW this, if, as you say, human beings still do not know how uncoding happens during the process of growth? You seem to be implying that you already KNOW that there is no process of coding for dna, yet also saying that none of you know how uncoding happens.
Basically evolution is the result of random mutation in gene and adaptation of new gene in environment.
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
You appear to be telling us what the answers are, before the experiments and testing have finished on the actual object and before the actual subject is even understood.
I am telling how the things are in high level. There are lots of things to be done to understand the process of uncoding.
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
bahman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:49 pm
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
Can you elaborate and/or provide some examples?
A serial killer who enjoys killing people. Evil and good are coded inside DNA and have related distributions.
Is this an already KNOWN FACT, which is irrefutable?
Yes. You can google it yourself.
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
Could the Knowledge of right/good and wrong/evil/bad be coded inside dna, and the reason human beings have just grown up doing wrong is only because of past experiences?
There are studies which show empathy in babies. I can find a few if you are interested. Experience to me also affect our behavior. The question is how much a behavior is related to genetic or experience.
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
Or, are those adult human beings who do wrong, which is absolutely every one of you, partly because of genetics?
I think that experience also has an effect.
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
If you adult human beings do WRONG partly because of genetics, then HOW does genetics make you do wrong, and WHY would genetics do that?
Yes. These are good questions.

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 2432
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by bahman » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:15 pm

attofishpi wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:23 pm
bahman wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:43 pm
attofishpi wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:12 pm


Knowledge can be viewed as solid state RAM in a computer, it is gained from our past experience of reality.
As a conscious being with experience, we can read from it, add to it, and once we acquire better reasoning, manipulate it to what we consider our best effort at rationalising the 'database'.




It is by chance that we are generally of higher intelligence than our fellow mammals, and yes of course it is via interacting with reality.



Ultimately you are asking, how are we conscious? Since without any consciousness, there is no method to store the knowledge and retrieve it at will.
The question is how a limited code, DNA, can lead to such a complex structure, human brain.
Apparently there are 3 billion base pairs in the human genome. This works out to 2 to the power of 6000000000 combinations. Considering that 2 ^10> 10^3, converting, we get 10 to the power 1800000000 combinations. Some estimates place the number of atoms in the observable universe at 10 to the power 80.

So there are more cominations possible in the DNA of the human genome than atoms in the observable universe.

How limited is that?
It is not about number of random permutation. To me DNA is made segments each segment has a function. So one need to divide DNA to several segments to estimate total number of function DNA can perform. In case of human, the average human brain has about 100 billion neurons. Each neuron may be connected to up to 10,000 other neurons, passing signals to each other via as many as 1,000 trillion synaptic connections. This is by far bigger than number of segments on DNA.

Age
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by Age » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am

bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:40 am
bahman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:49 pm
I am so sorry. I missed this post.


Yes.


I am talking about uncoding process of the code which exists in DNA. There is no process of coding for DNA.
But soon WHY the code, which exists in dna, is the exact way that it IS will soon be realized, and thus also much better understood, by you human beings.
I cannot follow you here. Could you please rephrase?
The knowledge of right and wrong is encrypted within dna (some may say encrypted in the human brain). This will soon become realized, and HOW and WHY this knowledge is encrypted within dna will be better understood. All other knowledge is learned (grasped by the human brain), and passed on (from human brain to human brain), along the way.


bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
bahman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:49 pm
Evolution of DNA is an adaptive-random process.
But HOW do you KNOW this, if, as you say, human beings still do not know how uncoding happens during the process of growth? You seem to be implying that you already KNOW that there is no process of coding for dna, yet also saying that none of you know how uncoding happens.
Basically evolution is the result of random mutation in gene and adaptation of new gene in environment.
When you write; Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not.
1. Are you asking a question?
2. Are you implying some thing?
3. Is there another reason you wrote that?

If it is 1. are you OPEN to what is being said?
If it is 2. what are you implying?
If it is 3. what is the other reason?

I have said;
1. The knowledge of right and wrong is encrypted, or already encoded, within the genes. (This knowledge is yet to be fully understood by human beings but when this knowledge is fully understood then it will get passed on from brain to brain, just like all other knowledge does.)
2. All other knowledge is learned and passed on from brain to brain from what the body experiences.

In other words the knowledge of right and wrong is already KNOWN within dna, so this knowledge is already acquired. But this knowledge remains, for the moment, unconsciously known. Just like all other knowledge gets acquired, and stored within the brain, from what the body experiences when the knowledge of right and wrong becomes consciously known, grasped and stored within the brain, then this knowledge can and will be passed on from brain to brain also, from and through what those bodies experience.


bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
bahman wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:49 pm

A serial killer who enjoys killing people. Evil and good are coded inside DNA and have related distributions.
Is this an already KNOWN FACT, which is irrefutable?
Yes. You can google it yourself.
So, WHY do you judge and punish human beings if what they do is a result of dna?

If dna caused people to do what they do, then they have NO choice over what they do.
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
Could the Knowledge of right/good and wrong/evil/bad be coded inside dna, and the reason human beings have just grown up doing wrong is only because of past experiences?
There are studies which show empathy in babies.
So what?

I just asked you a very simple yes/no question.
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
I can find a few if you are interested.
I already KNOW the answers regarding these issues. You are the one still wondering, am I right?

I just ask certain questions to gauge how open or closed a person is so then i better know what information and how much of that information to pass on.
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Experience to me also affect our behavior. The question is how much a behavior is related to genetic or experience.
Do you have any idea at all?

The answer really is an easy one.
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
Or, are those adult human beings who do wrong, which is absolutely every one of you, partly because of genetics?
I think that experience also has an effect.
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
If you adult human beings do WRONG partly because of genetics, then HOW does genetics make you do wrong, and WHY would genetics do that?
Yes. These are good questions.
And very easily answered also.

Does saying, "These are good questions", mean or imply that you have absolutely NO idea what the answers are?

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 2432
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by bahman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm

Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:40 am

But soon WHY the code, which exists in dna, is the exact way that it IS will soon be realized, and thus also much better understood, by you human beings.
I cannot follow you here. Could you please rephrase?
The knowledge of right and wrong is encrypted within dna (some may say encrypted in the human brain). This will soon become realized, and HOW and WHY this knowledge is encrypted within dna will be better understood. All other knowledge is learned (grasped by the human brain), and passed on (from human brain to human brain), along the way.
Yes.
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
But HOW do you KNOW this, if, as you say, human beings still do not know how uncoding happens during the process of growth? You seem to be implying that you already KNOW that there is no process of coding for dna, yet also saying that none of you know how uncoding happens.
Basically evolution is the result of random mutation in gene and adaptation of new gene in environment.
When you write; Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not.
1. Are you asking a question?
2. Are you implying some thing?
3. Is there another reason you wrote that?
That is a question?
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
If it is 1. are you OPEN to what is being said?
If it is 2. what are you implying?
If it is 3. what is the other reason?

I have said;
1. The knowledge of right and wrong is encrypted, or already encoded, within the genes. (This knowledge is yet to be fully understood by human beings but when this knowledge is fully understood then it will get passed on from brain to brain, just like all other knowledge does.)
So you believe that a part of knowledge get passed on from brain to brain?
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
2. All other knowledge is learned and passed on from brain to brain from what the body experiences.

In other words the knowledge of right and wrong is already KNOWN within dna, so this knowledge is already acquired. But this knowledge remains, for the moment, unconsciously known. Just like all other knowledge gets acquired, and stored within the brain, from what the body experiences when the knowledge of right and wrong becomes consciously known, grasped and stored within the brain, then this knowledge can and will be passed on from brain to brain also, from and through what those bodies experience.
I see. So you believe that we have capacity to transfer certain knowledge through brains interaction too?
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am

Is this an already KNOWN FACT, which is irrefutable?
Yes. You can google it yourself.
So, WHY do you judge and punish human beings if what they do is a result of dna?

If dna caused people to do what they do, then they have NO choice over what they do.
Yes, I agree. In some country like Canada, they hold individual who killed another one while not being aware of their action in special hospital.
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
Could the Knowledge of right/good and wrong/evil/bad be coded inside dna, and the reason human beings have just grown up doing wrong is only because of past experiences?
There are studies which show empathy in babies.
So what?

I just asked you a very simple yes/no question.
Yes.
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
I can find a few if you are interested.
I already KNOW the answers regarding these issues. You are the one still wondering, am I right?

I just ask certain questions to gauge how open or closed a person is so then i better know what information and how much of that information to pass on.
I am wondering whether all part of knowledge a person have is encrypted within his DNA or partially comes through learning.
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Experience to me also affect our behavior. The question is how much a behavior is related to genetic or experience.
Do you have any idea at all?

The answer really is an easy one.
I don't know how we acquire knowledge of good and bad through experience. Do you know?
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
Or, are those adult human beings who do wrong, which is absolutely every one of you, partly because of genetics?
I think that experience also has an effect.
Age wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:45 am
If you adult human beings do WRONG partly because of genetics, then HOW does genetics make you do wrong, and WHY would genetics do that?
Yes. These are good questions.
And very easily answered also.

Does saying, "These are good questions", mean or imply that you have absolutely NO idea what the answers are?
I have no idea how an a code on DNA could give rise to an behavior. I would be glad to know it.

Age
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by Age » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:04 pm

bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm

I cannot follow you here. Could you please rephrase?
The knowledge of right and wrong is encrypted within dna (some may say encrypted in the human brain). This will soon become realized, and HOW and WHY this knowledge is encrypted within dna will be better understood. All other knowledge is learned (grasped by the human brain), and passed on (from human brain to human brain), along the way.
Yes.
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm

Basically evolution is the result of random mutation in gene and adaptation of new gene in environment.
When you write; Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not.
1. Are you asking a question?
2. Are you implying some thing?
3. Is there another reason you wrote that?
That is a question?
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
If it is 1. are you OPEN to what is being said?
If it is 2. what are you implying?
If it is 3. what is the other reason?

I have said;
1. The knowledge of right and wrong is encrypted, or already encoded, within the genes. (This knowledge is yet to be fully understood by human beings but when this knowledge is fully understood then it will get passed on from brain to brain, just like all other knowledge does.)
So you believe that a part of knowledge get passed on from brain to brain?
Please understand this, grasp it, and store it in that brain. I neither believe nor disbelieve any thing.

And, I certainly would NOT and NEITHER have I said nor even suggested that a part of knowledge get passed on from brain to brain.

What I ACTUALLY did say and suggest can be seen by the actual words that I write.
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
2. All other knowledge is learned and passed on from brain to brain from what the body experiences.

In other words the knowledge of right and wrong is already KNOWN within dna, so this knowledge is already acquired. But this knowledge remains, for the moment, unconsciously known. Just like all other knowledge gets acquired, and stored within the brain, from what the body experiences when the knowledge of right and wrong becomes consciously known, grasped and stored within the brain, then this knowledge can and will be passed on from brain to brain also, from and through what those bodies experience.
I see. So you believe that we have capacity to transfer certain knowledge through brains interaction too?
I neither believe nor disbelieve this.
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm

Yes. You can google it yourself.
So, WHY do you judge and punish human beings if what they do is a result of dna?

If dna caused people to do what they do, then they have NO choice over what they do.
Yes, I agree. In some country like Canada, they hold individual who killed another one while not being aware of their action in special hospital.
But I NEVER asked any thing about what happens in countries nor what "other" people do. I specifically asked YOU, WHY do YOU judge and punish human beings, if what they do is a result of dna?

Also, what is done to the dna of those human bodies when they in "special hospitals"?
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:04 pm

There are studies which show empathy in babies.
So what?

I just asked you a very simple yes/no question.
Yes.
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am

I already KNOW the answers regarding these issues. You are the one still wondering, am I right?

I just ask certain questions to gauge how open or closed a person is so then i better know what information and how much of that information to pass on.
I am wondering whether all part of knowledge a person have is encrypted within his DNA or partially comes through learning.
You can wonder for the rest of your life for all i care. I have already told you WHAT HAPPENS from what i have observed. You can now either ignore it, dismiss it, challenge it, question it for clarity, or just ask other questions, or show some thing like some inquisitiveness, or do any other thing that you so please. I really do not care. But sitting there wondering is NOT going to get you any closer to understanding and knowing.
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am

Do you have any idea at all?

The answer really is an easy one.
I don't know how we acquire knowledge of good and bad through experience. Do you know?
Yes.
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm
I have no idea how an a code on DNA could give rise to an behavior. I would be glad to know it.
So, you have no idea how a code on dna could give rise to a behavior, BUT you are CERTAIN that code on dna causes behavior is an already KNOWN FACT, which is irrefutable.

But even KNOWING this FACT, which is supposedly already known KNOWLEDGE that is very accessible on "google", you human beings still judge and PUNISH each other, for some thing that implies that one would have absolutely NO control over. Some might say that you human beings really are a strange species.

surreptitious57
Posts: 3517
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by surreptitious57 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:49 pm

Age wrote:
bahman wrote:
I have no idea how a code on dna could give rise to a behaviour
So you have no idea how a code on dna could give rise to a behavior BUT you are CERTAIN that code on dna causes
behavior is an already KNOWN FACT which is irrefutable

even KNOWING this FACT which is supposedly already known KNOWLEDGE that is very accessible on google you human
beings still judge and PUNISH each other for some thing that implies that one would have absolutely NO control over
I do not think that DNA can give rise to actual behaviours as its only function is to self replicate / propagate
Behaviour is a function of the mind which is responsible for choosing between freely realiseable alternatives

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 2432
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by bahman » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:14 pm

Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:04 pm
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am

So, WHY do you judge and punish human beings if what they do is a result of dna?

If dna caused people to do what they do, then they have NO choice over what they do.
Yes, I agree. In some country like Canada, they hold individual who killed another one while not being aware of their action in special hospital.
But I NEVER asked any thing about what happens in countries nor what "other" people do. I specifically asked YOU, WHY do YOU judge and punish human beings, if what they do is a result of dna?
I don't think if they should be punished.
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:04 pm
Also, what is done to the dna of those human bodies when they in "special hospitals"?
Nothing. They are however under psychotherapy.
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:04 pm
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am

So what?

I just asked you a very simple yes/no question.
Yes.
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am

I already KNOW the answers regarding these issues. You are the one still wondering, am I right?

I just ask certain questions to gauge how open or closed a person is so then i better know what information and how much of that information to pass on.
I am wondering whether all part of knowledge a person have is encrypted within his DNA or partially comes through learning.
You can wonder for the rest of your life for all i care. I have already told you WHAT HAPPENS from what i have observed. You can now either ignore it, dismiss it, challenge it, question it for clarity, or just ask other questions, or show some thing like some inquisitiveness, or do any other thing that you so please. I really do not care. But sitting there wondering is NOT going to get you any closer to understanding and knowing.
Perhaps I missed your point. Could you please refer me to the post that you explained this?
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am

Do you have any idea at all?

The answer really is an easy one.
I don't know how we acquire knowledge of good and bad through experience. Do you know?
Yes.
How it is?
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm
I have no idea how an a code on DNA could give rise to an behavior. I would be glad to know it.
So, you have no idea how a code on dna could give rise to a behavior, BUT you are CERTAIN that code on dna causes behavior is an already KNOWN FACT, which is irrefutable.

But even KNOWING this FACT, which is supposedly already known KNOWLEDGE that is very accessible on "google", you human beings still judge and PUNISH each other, for some thing that implies that one would have absolutely NO control over. Some might say that you human beings really are a strange species.
Scientists are just able to show that there exist a correlation between a specific gene and a behavior. They don't know how such a gene has potentiality to become active as a behavior.

Age
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by Age » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:17 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:49 pm
Age wrote:
bahman wrote:
I have no idea how a code on dna could give rise to a behaviour
So you have no idea how a code on dna could give rise to a behavior BUT you are CERTAIN that code on dna causes
behavior is an already KNOWN FACT which is irrefutable

even KNOWING this FACT which is supposedly already known KNOWLEDGE that is very accessible on google you human
beings still judge and PUNISH each other for some thing that implies that one would have absolutely NO control over
I do not think that DNA can give rise to actual behaviours as its only function is to self replicate / propagate
Well you can discuss that with bahman. They are the one saying that it is an irrefutable fact that dna can give rise to human behavior, which can be found on "google".
surreptitious57 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:49 pm
Behaviour is a function of the mind which is responsible for choosing between freely realiseable alternatives
If you say that is what it is, then it MUST be so, right?

Age
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by Age » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:29 pm

bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:14 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:04 pm
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm

Yes, I agree. In some country like Canada, they hold individual who killed another one while not being aware of their action in special hospital.
But I NEVER asked any thing about what happens in countries nor what "other" people do. I specifically asked YOU, WHY do YOU judge and punish human beings, if what they do is a result of dna?
I don't think if they should be punished.
ONCE AGAIN, the question is NOT answered.
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:14 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:04 pm
Also, what is done to the dna of those human bodies when they in "special hospitals"?
Nothing. They are however under psychotherapy.
Seems a rather peculiar thing to be working on/under considering you said that it was the evil and good code within dna that gave rise to human behavior, and this irrefutable fact could be found on "google".
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:14 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:04 pm
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm

Yes.


I am wondering whether all part of knowledge a person have is encrypted within his DNA or partially comes through learning.
You can wonder for the rest of your life for all i care. I have already told you WHAT HAPPENS from what i have observed. You can now either ignore it, dismiss it, challenge it, question it for clarity, or just ask other questions, or show some thing like some inquisitiveness, or do any other thing that you so please. I really do not care. But sitting there wondering is NOT going to get you any closer to understanding and knowing.
Perhaps I missed your point. Could you please refer me to the post that you explained this?
"Perhaps" you missed it???

It was in the post(s) where I more or less said the knowledge of good and bad is encrypted within dna, and where I also said that ALL knowledge CAN be and IS acquired through learning, and then passed on.
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:14 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm

I don't know how we acquire knowledge of good and bad through experience. Do you know?
Yes.
How it is?
From what a human body experiences through any or all of the five sense becomes acquired knowledge, stored or held within the brain.
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:14 pm
Age wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:19 am
bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:37 pm
I have no idea how an a code on DNA could give rise to an behavior. I would be glad to know it.
So, you have no idea how a code on dna could give rise to a behavior, BUT you are CERTAIN that code on dna causes behavior is an already KNOWN FACT, which is irrefutable.

But even KNOWING this FACT, which is supposedly already known KNOWLEDGE that is very accessible on "google", you human beings still judge and PUNISH each other, for some thing that implies that one would have absolutely NO control over. Some might say that you human beings really are a strange species.
Scientists are just able to show that there exist a correlation between a specific gene and a behavior. They don't know how such a gene has potentiality to become active as a behavior.
This is what human beings known as "scientists" are TRYING TO discover, to support previously held views and beliefs. However, what will be found will be different to this. Through logical reasoning what the actual Truth IS will be SEEN and UNDERSTOOD, then through scientific methods this Truth will be verified.

surreptitious57
Posts: 3517
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by surreptitious57 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:35 pm

Age wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Behaviour is a function of the mind which is responsible for choosing between freely realiseable alternatives
If you say that is what it is then it MUST be so
It might be so but equally it might not be so
I think it is so but I am not absolutely certain

Do you actually remember me telling you that I may not know anything at all ?
If you did then why did you ask me a question you already know the answer to

Age
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by Age » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:43 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:35 pm
Age wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:
Behaviour is a function of the mind which is responsible for choosing between freely realiseable alternatives
If you say that is what it is then it MUST be so
It might be so but equally it might not be so
If you had express it that way, then you would be more clear that it might not be true at all.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:35 pm
I think it is so but I am not absolutely certain
All you needed to write was the "I think it is so" part. If, however, you just wrote, "I think that ..." in the first place, then that would have been even better still.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:35 pm
Do you actually remember me telling you that I may not know anything at all ?
Yes.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:35 pm
If you did then why did you ask me a question you already know the answer to
What was that question that I supposedly asked you that I supposedly already know the answer to?

surreptitious57
Posts: 3517
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:09 am

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by surreptitious57 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:48 pm

Age wrote:
It was in the post where I more or less said the knowledge of good and bad is encrypted within dna and
where I also said that ALL knowledge CAN be and IS acquired through learning and then passed on
I agree that all knowledge is acquired through learning but how would you describe DNA
and by what process does it actually come to possess knowledge of both good and bad ?

Age
Posts: 3239
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Knowledge, encrypted in our brains or not

Post by Age » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:44 pm

surreptitious57 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:48 pm
Age wrote:
It was in the post where I more or less said the knowledge of good and bad is encrypted within dna and
where I also said that ALL knowledge CAN be and IS acquired through learning and then passed on
I agree that all knowledge is acquired through learning but how would you describe DNA
As: a molecule that carries the genetic instructions used in the growth, development, functioning, and reproduction of all known living organisms.
surreptitious57 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:48 pm
and by what process does it actually come to possess knowledge of both good and bad ?
I am not sure if there is any actual process for dna to come to possess knowledge, as the knowledge of right/good and wrong/bad has just always been encoded/encrypted in dna. The 'genetic instructions', which the dna molecule carries, is the KNOWING of what is right and wrong, for a particular living organism, or species, to continual its survival.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests