Islam Means Peace?

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by HexHammer » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:55 am

Frank N Stein wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:22 pm
How many countries have muslim countries invaded lately? How many has christian America invaded? Britain has invaded nine out of every ten countries.
Britain is only 1 country and isn't the same as many muslim countries invading many, poor basis of comparison!

User avatar
bahman
Posts: 2432
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by bahman » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:33 pm

Isn't that God who realize what is right for you.

Frank N Stein
Posts: 143
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:03 am

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by Frank N Stein » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 pm

HexHammer wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:55 am
Frank N Stein wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:22 pm
How many countries have muslim countries invaded lately? How many has christian America invaded? Britain has invaded nine out of every ten countries.
Britain is only 1 country and isn't the same as many muslim countries invading many, poor basis of comparison!
What are you talking about?

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 2683
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:24 am

Frank N Stein wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:02 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:14 am
Frank N Stein wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:55 am
You should do something about your obsession. It's not healthy.
Why the fuss? This is only a discussion in a philosophical forum.
It would be different if I carry a placard and walk around Times Square every day or shout about it in Speaker's Corner [London].

What I have commented and critiqued is based on facts.
The fact is there is a great possibility "you" or any non-Muslim could be blown to pieces any time, anywhere.
You want everyone to shut up and be an ostrich on the above facts??

Note this week 17 Jan 2019
This Week in Terror (Syria, Kenya, Egypt, United States)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H69qxBaiIog

I had always yearned to visit the pyramids.
If I am not wary and is a Dodo like you, I could have been a victim in this recent attack around the pyramid.
You could easily be one of the above fatalities.
Repetition makes you a crashing bore though :roll:
Another point,
at least I am repeating facts while you are repeating lies and false information.

User avatar
HexHammer
Posts: 3266
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 8:19 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by HexHammer » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:37 am

Frank N Stein wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 pm
HexHammer wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:55 am
Frank N Stein wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:22 pm
How many countries have muslim countries invaded lately? How many has christian America invaded? Britain has invaded nine out of every ten countries.
Britain is only 1 country and isn't the same as many muslim countries invading many, poor basis of comparison!
What are you talking about?
Muslim has invaded most countries around the world due to mass migration. Britain uses along with USA the divide and rule by assisting the rebels to destabilize muslim countries.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 2683
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:39 am

HexHammer wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:37 am
Frank N Stein wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 pm
HexHammer wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:55 am
Britain is only 1 country and isn't the same as many muslim countries invading many, poor basis of comparison!
What are you talking about?
Muslim has invaded most countries around the world due to mass migration. Britain uses along with USA the divide and rule by assisting the rebels to destabilize muslim countries.
I agree with the above.

However, note the 'divide and rule' is a common political strategy used not only by US and UK, but is used by all rulers/leaders in various ways and conditions. The critical difference is, it is not driven by the commands of an illusory God.

In the case of Islam, its ethos is the blinded arrogance for its ideology to dominate the world as commanded by a supposedly real God [actually it is illusory].
To please God and secure a place in heaven with eternal life, desperate Muslims will do whatever strategies necessary to dominate the world.
This is where they used the migration strategy, i.e. hijrah and birth-jihad [explosion of Muslims population] in an attempt to dominate. This is very evidently globally.

Note how stupid are the Muslim apologists who succumbed to the demands of Islam which is grounded on an illusion.

gaffo
Posts: 2396
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by gaffo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:19 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:05 am
It is very often claimed 'Islam' means peace, but it is not the case.
it means "submit" actually.

gaffo
Posts: 2396
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by gaffo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:20 am

QuantumT wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:45 pm
Islam, directly translated, means submission or devotion.

Saying it means peace is propaganda.
yes, posted earlier saying the same thing before i saw your post. you are correct of course.

gaffo
Posts: 2396
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by gaffo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:26 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:24 am

Whatever is written in the OT [as translated] is not taken to be immutable but principles-based.
not so much many times.


some denominations Baptist, Pentocostels take the codex of the OT in equal esteam as the NT (and moreso for Independant Baptists - Westborough-types).

gaffo
Posts: 2396
Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:15 am

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by gaffo » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:30 am

bahman wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:07 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:24 am
bahman wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:04 pm

If you are a believer of Allah then what you do is good. Islam and Christianity for example are both about submission. You can choose between Hell and Heaven though. Etc.
First there is the linguistic issue.
Hebrew and Arabic words are mainly from trilateral roots where a three-alphabet-root can have many similar and different meanings.
Muslims try to deceive others that the word itself 'Islam' meant 'peace' but as the OP explained, "Islam" from the root S-L-M specifically meant submission to Allah and its command.

Yes, Christianity and Islam are both about submission and surrender to the will/commands of God.
But what is critical here is, what are the nature of the commands of God encoded in the holy texts.

The problem with Islam and the Quran is the commands/words of Allah are immutable and loaded with tons of evil laden verses. This is evident by the terrible evil and violent acts committed by SOME [critical quantum] evil prone Muslims in compliance as a divine duty to please Allah.

The main ethos of Christianity on the other hand as represented in the New Testament [overriding the OT] is that of love, i.e. love your enemies, neighbors, give the other cheeks and all sorts of concession. These commands are not very practical but that's God command.
Whatever is written in the OT [as translated] is not taken to be immutable but principles-based.
Well, there is not such a big difference, your hell either start in this world or in another world anyway.
your post remined me of how the Three Western Religions differ.

per Gnostism, which only in Christianity had it remained where "Satan Rules this world" (thanks John).Satan has polluted this world per christian theology.

for Jews and Muslims, Belial/Ibliss is a pissant - no biggie - has not "ruled this world" at all.

claudiaperaso
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:38 am
Contact:

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by claudiaperaso » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:47 am

Islam does not translate as peace, but I think there is a generalization with respect to this religion. Not all the practitioners of Islam have the same convictions and in my case most of the people I know are good people, very peaceful and respectful ...

commonsense
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by commonsense » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:32 pm

Wait a minute! Comparing religions makes for interesting discourse, however comparing radical Islamists to mainstream Christians, or Sunni Islamists to white Supremicists, produces irrational vitreologue. Just saying...

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 2683
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:10 am

Age wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:48 am
Let us focus on the, REAL, ideology of islam, which is PEACE.
OK.

Provide your arguments to justify how the ideology of Islam is PEACE?

What is Islam?
The ideology of Islam is represented by the 6,236 verses of the Quran send directly in pristine conditions to Muhammad via angel Gabriel.

Age
Posts: 3287
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:17 am

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by Age » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:54 am

Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:10 am
Age wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:48 am
Let us focus on the, REAL, ideology of islam, which is PEACE.
OK.

Provide your arguments to justify how the ideology of Islam is PEACE?

What is Islam?
The ideology of Islam is represented by the 6,236 verses of the Quran send directly in pristine conditions to Muhammad via angel Gabriel.
I have told you numerous times already and I have explained enough times already also about how the ideology of islam is Peace, but you are completely and utterly incapable of even just hearing this, let alone understanding it at all.

Veritas Aequitas
Posts: 2683
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:41 am

Re: Islam Means Peace?

Post by Veritas Aequitas » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:01 am

Age wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:54 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:10 am
Age wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:48 am
Let us focus on the, REAL, ideology of islam, which is PEACE.
OK.

Provide your arguments to justify how the ideology of Islam is PEACE?

What is Islam?
The ideology of Islam is represented by the 6,236 verses of the Quran send directly in pristine conditions to Muhammad via angel Gabriel.
I have told you numerous times already and I have explained enough times already also about how the ideology of islam is Peace, but you are completely and utterly incapable of even just hearing this, let alone understanding it at all.
In your previous point re Islam is Peace, you made no reference [verses] to the ideology of Islam is represented by the 6,236 verses of the Quran.

Note,
  • A is Peace
    Islam is A
    Therefore Islam is Peace
What are the justifications for your 'A'?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests